As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Book of Job Thread

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Huh, I guess I didn't think of it that way! It being better for my health.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I was reading about a company that replaced all of its standard desks with chest-high desks that employees had to stand at, after researching the health benefits.

• Options
    Ohhh. What did it say, less back-pain/weight-issues from it?

• Options
    Pretty much, yes!

Also fewer leg issues. And I think even a better heart rate.

• Options
    That is good news for me at least, not so much for office people.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Interesting... I'd heard all about DVT being a big risk in long-haul flights, but hadn't really thought about it being a big problem for office workers

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    jippeejippee Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    I was reading about a company that replaced all of its standard desks with chest-high desks that employees had to stand at, after researching the health benefits.

The health benefit of not having to replace chairs every, say, five years?
    God, I can't wait until carpal tunnel syndrome decides to expand and make a permanent living in my nipples.

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump

• Options
    Lets all go for a jog!!

• Options
    Liiya wrote:
    Lets all go for a jog!!

Okay that sounds nice AARGH WHAT'S THAT GLOWING THING IN THE SKY, IT'S TRYING TO KILL ME

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    We have chest high desks at work and it's really nice. Plus the chairs are higher so I get to hop up on them.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:
    On an alternate note, holy crap I have been getting leg pains all day today.

Get it fixed next year? We'll have hit our deductible for sure then, anyway.

I was thinking that, yeah. They seem to have gotten worse since I started this job!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I take the stairs to all my meetings

I'm getting ever-increasing numbers of meetings.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    I am so glad I work outside (at least half the year). All this talk about desks is killing me.

sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    I am in an office and we manage to go for over a mile walk at lunch time, and another mile right after work.

Also negotiating right now. Hopefully have a change of venue in the works.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    I had a very exciting day today.

First, a black mangabey groomed me today. If you have never had a monkey groom you I insist you try it, as it was an incredibly weird feeling. She kept on displaying herself towards me so I got real close to her in her cage and she picked through my hair looking for bugs. Definitely the nicest thing a monkey has ever done for me.

Secondly, we had to do some old-school monkey work today. A golden-bellied mangabey had to move from one exhibit to another, and she was not happy about it. So we had to net her and bring her physically into a crate. Actually physically manhandling these animals is a last resort kind of measure. They are incredibly strong, and very very fast. Also super dangerous. So me and two other people had to catch her in nets (it did take three) wrestle her to the ground, and then I had to pick her up and quite literally throw her into a crate. I am very lucky I wasn't hurt. She wasn't hurt either, but she would scream and scream every time we touched her. Definitely a learning experience, and really very stressful.

Thirdly, today I was recognized in an all staff meeting for being awesome. We had a zoo-wide enrichment challenge. Keepers submitted ideas for animal enrichment and then a panel of judges gave points to each idea for creativity, cost, research, and overall usefulness. Two of my ideas were so awesome that I would have won first and second place if they did it just by points. So I won first place in a zoo wide competition. That was nice.

Tomorrow I am going in on my day off to do one thing. Catch up squirrel monkeys. These guys are not as dangerous as the mangabey lady, but they are quick and super agile and should be very difficult to actually grab. Should be fun!

steam id: vermiculture
  • Options

Secondly, we had to do some old-school monkey work today. A golden-bellied mangabey had to move from one exhibit to another, and she was not happy about it. So we had to net her and bring her physically into a crate. Actually physically manhandling these animals is a last resort kind of measure. They are incredibly strong, and very very fast. Also super dangerous. So me and two other people had to catch her in nets (it did take three) wrestle her to the ground, and then I had to pick her up and quite literally throw her into a crate. I am very lucky I wasn't hurt. She wasn't hurt either, but she would scream and scream every time we touched her. Definitely a learning experience, and really very stressful.

This sounds like what we have to do to get users to upgrade their out of warranty computers.

You gonna be in Austin this Friday?

• Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    man i wish i was going to be in austin this friday. Please tell Dave and the other forumers I say hello.

steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Don't make me come kidnap you.

Or are you expecting to get lost in the Hill Country again?

Yukira on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Guys! I've a job interview in Vancouver next week.

Who has a sofa I can crash on for a night?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    If i were anywhere close to Vancouver I'd offer you my sofa, Dave. :<

--

I have 2 job interviews on Monday. This after a month of looking and now they're both on the same day. -_-

• Options
    It's always the way, Aldo.

Good luck!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Dang, it's only 9:30 and I've already done my main work for the day. I've still got plenty to do, but normally I'm not done till 10:30 or 11.

Looks like today's gonna be a catch-up day for returns and toner recycling.

• Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    I need a job with good, normal hours

Normal being Monday-Friday between like, 7 AM and 8 PM. I've literally applied to pretty much every bank/credit union around me, but I can't think of anything else that doesn't require specialization (I have a bachelors in communications).

I'd also like it to be decent paying. And by decent paying I mean 40k+. I make about 50k right now, but I hate working weekends, so I'd like to find something a bit more reasonable.

And yet, I can think of nothing.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

Must have been a hell of a resume.

Congats, man!

• Options
    URRRRRGHHHHHHAAARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Lux & Lumen is launching it's new website and is looking for a talented and creative student/alumni to design the corporations new image on the web.

A portfolio that illustrates at least 2-3 sample's of your work is necessary. Preferably, 1-2 live website example's exist as well.

The company is launching live on June 1st, 2012 and would like the website to be fully operational by no later then February 1st, 2012.

The price of the contract can be negotiated. If your interested please contact XXXXXX

They may also need a copy editor.

• Options
    Edcrab traveled back in time that was so painful.

• Options
    Tell me that's one of those spot the deliberate mistake dealies, please

Lie to me if necessary

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    It is a time of terror for sure

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    You could do what my mother does.

Highlight mistakes and send them back to the place of origin.

All of my schools (and a few of my teachers) hated her.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    You could do what my mother does.

Highlight mistakes and send them back to the place of origin.

All of my schools (and a few of my teachers) hated her.

A friend's girlfriend corrects blackboards outside pubs and cafés. She's been waging a war against one particular place for months (they keep replacing an offending apostrophe).

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    It's always the way, Aldo.

Good luck!

P much, yes. Thank you. :3

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    okay shit

if this last cheque from my elections job doesn't arrive I am totally screwed.

Seriously how can a government department not use direct deposit...

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    gotta apply to more places

wanna have a job before christmas rolls around

I actually want to buy presents this year

now that I have the motivation, I just need to find out what to actually apply to

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular

I'd offer but my sofa is booked next week. >:

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I got an email about a position I applied to a week ago letting me know that my "application status has been updated to: Updated."

• Options
    I got an email about a position I applied to a week ago letting me know that my "application status has been updated to: Updated."

update:

that was actually a mistake

we have un-updated your updated status back un-updated

please re-update your updated application to receive further updates on your un-updates and updatedness status

• Options
    That's a tautology! Damn thing

Still, less jarring than a couple of months back when I was wrongly sent an email saying I'd been successful with an application

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    goddamnit coworker, be more organized

ya makin my work harder than it needs to be

and i dont wanna get mad cuz you're new

:|

poo
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    That's a tautology! Damn thing

Still, less jarring than a couple of months back when I was wrongly sent an email saying I'd been successful with an application

So you sued for mental anguish or something, right?

This discussion has been closed.