Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Home Ownership Fucking Sucks

HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of AuRegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in Social Entropy++
So, I have the week off from work for a needed vacation and was hoping to chill out at home for a few days and get some minor projects done. Then on Friday, I was going to take the wife and kid up to Great Wolf Lodge for a long weekend of water parks, MagiQuest, and family fun.

Instead, my central air conditioning has been fucked up since last Saturday. After two house calls, it turns out my AC coil inside is fucked and leaking coolant. My outside unit is also on it's last leg, meaning I have to replace the whole fucking thing. Total bill = $4400

Also, in February, my gas furnace went to shit. Actually had cracks in the heat exchanger and had to be replaced. That total bill = $4700. When that went I also redid all the duct work in the attic, put in some more insulation, and redid the seal to the exhaust up on the roof. Total bill = $700

For the first 1/2 of 2011, I've had to pay out about 10k in home repairs. Fuck my life. No vacations this year.

So entertain me with stories of costly repairs, be they home, auto, or whatever. Anything to make me feel like not wanting to go on some type of rampage near my home or burn the fucker down. Stupid fucking need to live indoors.

Hunter on