As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chris Christie is [Chat]

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    haahahahah echo, have you not heard that before? :D

Daxon on
  • Glorious CretinGlorious Cretin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hrmm. I have time now. Should I buy Minecraft?

Glorious Cretin on
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    jesus fucking christ fallout 3

did you really need to shove a fucking super mutant overlord along with four other brutes into a teeny tiny indoor environment

talk about fucking bullet sponges

four fucking headshots in VATS, two crits, with one of the better weapons in the game and I managed to knock off like, a quarter of his health

BottleCap mines, bro.

FroThulhu on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

did you really need to shove a fucking super mutant overlord along with four other brutes into a teeny tiny indoor environment

four fucking headshots in VATS, two crits, with one of the better weapons in the game and I managed to knock off like, a quarter of his health

Using my awesome psychic powers, I am sensing you are messing around in the Washington Monument are.

emnmnme on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    iPhone updated to jailbroken 4.3.3. A little bit of a pain but definitely worth the free wifi tethering.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Yeah, you pretty much need some distance and a minigun or a mini-nuke for those guys.

Pathing exploits erry day.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Nah, development of it has largely stalled. Grab something that's already a complete game.

Donkey Kong on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have the Better Criticals perk! They did like, one extra notch!

Elendil on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have the Better Criticals perk! They did like, one extra notch!

You could have 20 extra notches and they still wouldn't fix all the bugs in Minecraft.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wish I'd gotten New Vegas instead of 3. Pity Steam doesn't allow trade-ins.

Captain Carrot on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah broken steel adds like three fuck you bullet sponge enemies the worst are the reavers and albino rad scorpions

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2011

I loved Fallout 3. I cannot get into New Vegas.

I think I might need to restart, too.

Feral on

edited June 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »

Using my awesome psychic powers, I am sensing you are messing around in the Washington Monument are.
    the statesman hotel

literally just like five super mutants at once

thank god for power armor

Elendil on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    iPhone updated to jailbroken 4.3.3. A little bit of a pain but definitely worth the free wifi tethering.

Oh really

desc on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Nah, development of it has largely stalled. Grab something that's already a complete game.

I find it's a pretty solid game as is, if you enjoy creative sandboxy titles.

yalborap on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Feral wrote: »

yes, you should reboot your taste

tyrannus on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO86RjbGmcM&NR=1

Swedish king's dad was actually Hitler

Daxon on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

What's there is pretty cool, but DK is more right than I'd like to admit.

I just picked Inside a Star-filled Sky, and it's interesting - reminds me a bit of nethack crossed with NES Gauntlet, only with recursion that'll make your head spin.

Terraria's been getting some press lately, and I'll be buying it once it hits 10% or higher off.

What are you in the mood for?

Tamin on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    New Vegas to me was the real fallout 3. Gun selection alone it tops f3 plus you don't have to use energy weapons "end game"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I need an airline miles credit card. Anyone know which is best?

So It Goes on
    edited June 2011
    I like some things about Fallout 3 but not others

individual locales are more interesting in 3, but New Vegas has a much more distinctive wasteland

I think the actual RPG mechanics in 3 are awful though

New Vegas is light years ahead in that regard

Elendil on
    edited June 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »

Meh. Fallout 3 has decent voice actors. That helps a lot. The voice acting in new vegas is so bad.

Also, I did the intro quest in the first town which required me to get the shopkeep's help... who proceeded to get her ass killed. I didn't realize this at first and saved, and only discovered it after going back to sell shit.

And there are no other shops nearby.

Oops.

Feral on

edited June 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »

Meh. Fallout 3 has decent voice actors. That helps a lot. The voice acting in new vegas is so bad.

Also, I did the intro quest in the first town which required me to get the shopkeep's help... who proceeded to get her ass killed. I didn't realize this at first and saved, and only discovered it after going back to sell shit.

And there are no other shops nearby.

Oops.
    well there is the shop right next door to her

Elendil on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Heeeeell yea vancouver penalty kill

stevemarks44 on
    edited June 2011
    well there is the shop right next door to her

Nobody in the first town will sell anything to me at all. They'll talk to me, I have dialogue options, but I have nowhere to sell loot or buy anything.

I explored the landscape a little looking for another town where I might be able to sell shit but... nope... everybody's pretty much a dick who wants to have nothing to do with me.

Feral on

edited June 2011
    yalborap wrote: »

I find it's a pretty solid game as is, if you enjoy creative sandboxy titles.

I was excited to get started with it and really went all in a little less than a year ago. I played a ton, started a server, wrote an app and a few mods and everything.

And then nothing. Zero. For the longest time. There's still no mod API, there's still no proper server administration tools, there's still a bunch of crippling bugs, multiplayer still demands unheard of amounts of bandwidth... What have we gotten in a year? A slightly tweaked terrain generator, a few new kinds of trees, some features it used to have finally fixed, colored cloth, and dogs. A few blocks like dispensers and musical note cubes that are more like things that modders throw together in an afternoon. It's been a pretty huge disappointment.

The game was ready to blow up huge and then we got 10 months of gross mismanagement.

Donkey Kong on
    edited June 2011
    not even the guy in the general store?

Elendil on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Some kids at work were LARPing minecraft.

It was odd.

Inquisitor on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I bought 2 months of XBOX Live for $2.

Now I don't know what to do with it. Can't play Mortal Kombat because I got it used from goozex.

emnmnme on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    that achewood on the first page is AMAZING

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I appreciate that achewood is really doing its own thing in the world of webcomics. Most of the comics don't really do it for me, but when the guy hits the mark he nails it.

Inquisitor on
    edited June 2011
    also lockpicking is a complete fucking pain in the ass in fallout 3

I just broke 4 bobby pins on an average door

Elendil on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I need an airline miles credit card. Anyone know which is best?

depends on what you fly the most really

i have heard good things from coworkers about continental

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

come on dude, root for your own country at the very least!

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited June 2011
    A couple of star developers could have ported Minecraft from Java to C++ in two or three months. Hell, they could have recreated Minecraft from scratch in C++ in that time. We could have seen interoperable ports on consoles. Gateways that allow moving from one server to another. Password protected games. Some kind of rudimentary permissions systems in multiplayer. Improved combat. More animals, larger biomes, NPC people, sprawling, randomly generated underground dungeons. An adventure mode!

Instead we got colored cloth and rain.

Donkey Kong on
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Woo hoo. Scanning my first (v. shitty) art warm ups for artslam.

Productivity

Mim on
    edited June 2011
    not even the guy in the general store?

Nope.

General store is deserted.

I dunno what happened. I don't think that many people died in the shootout. Maybe so. Maybe just a glitch.

I ended up getting into ME2 and then Portal 2. I'll go back to it at some point and just restart.

Feral on

• SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Man. My new gaming PC blows shit out of the water and I can't even hear the damn thing running.

The P4 I had in here sounded like a jet taking off.

Sheep on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mim wrote: »
    Woo hoo. Scanning my first (v. shitty) art warm ups for artslam.

Productivity

Let me see your arts.

Winky on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Podly wrote: »

come on dude, root for your own country at the very least!

Yo dogg vancouver is the greatest franchise in nhl history.

stevemarks44 on
This discussion has been closed.