As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3 Keynotes 2011 - Talking shop for shoppers at ship - Nintendo June 7 @ 9am PST

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not a live event, disappoint. In fact, I'm not doing a keynote thread for Konami. They blew it.

Henroid on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FOUND A LINK!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-konami/714570

EDIT: Beated :(

Also, they must have decided not to do it live after last years fiasco.

Undead Scottsman on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Redlance wrote: »
    Game trailers is has it up it looks like.http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-konami/714570

I'm skeptical. It's a video, not a live stream. You can fast-forward.

TeaSpoon on
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm completely satisfied. This is like 'Konami'-fying the Konami press conference.

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Frogger continues to be popular around the world? Say what?

Also, looks like we were all sucked :(

Edit: OMG guys, there will be trees and stones in the jungle! Maybe even a waterfall!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited June 2011
    WTF?
    Yoshi in a Metal Gear game? The hell?

Undead Scottsman on
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This is the worst translator voice ever.

Entriech on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FUCK I MISSED IT

FUCK THEIR SITE WONT LOAD

FUCK SOMEBODY GIVE ME A PLAY BY PLAY

VALVEjunkie on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    WTF?

Old news!
    marioyoshiarticleimage.jpg

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FUCK I MISSED IT

It was pre-recorded. Don't worry.

Henroid on
  • NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Quick, and possibly stupid question, Will the press conferences be put up online after they are finished?

Nytewarrior on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    FUCK I MISSED IT

It was pre-recorded. Don't worry.
    yeah I saw the gametrailers link

boy don't I feel stupid!

VALVEjunkie on
    edited June 2011
    FUCK I MISSED IT

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-konami/714570

It's a prerecorded event.

Undead Scottsman on
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    WTF?

Well, now I've heard everything!

Does anyone know of the forums will be fixed by the time E3 proper rolls around?

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone wanting to spoil things for themselves. Here you go.

EDIT: Now with a picture.

EDIT2: and another.
    Last chance not to look
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PS3 and 360. Includes MGS2,MGS3 and Peace Walker.
    wOBTT.jpg
    Bullet points about the Peace Walker port
    rMC2Z.jpg

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fuck me, that's amazing! 360?? So fucking bought.

Fawst on
    edited June 2011
    Don't forget about
    Zone of Enders 1 & 2 HD collection

Undead Scottsman on
    edited June 2011
    Don't forget about
    Zone of Enders 1 & 2 HD collection

Here's a screen for that one.
    Last chance to look away
    zeORH.jpg

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This is the worst thing. I can't believe that they made a pre-made video, that people could approve of in advance, and released this.

This is shit.

You are copying a saved game. Why don't you announce a game where you manage to shit in my mouth?

Entriech on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fawst wrote: »

Why is that amazing? They're selling you games that you've already played and have probably already bought. For what? The convenience of them all on a single disc? The high definition upscaling of these decade old games? Despite the UI being a bit nicer, and apparently the audio being a bit clearer (which is to say nothing of achievements and trophies, which I simply do not care about at all), these are the same fucking games.

The. Same. Fucking. Games.

Only a bit sharper.

The_Scarab on
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    1. not everyone still has their PS2 hooked up, or has a backward compatible PS3, so they may no longer be accessible to people who want to play them again

2. not everyone has played them

3. even people who played the PS2 games might not have played Peace Walker (me)

mntorankusu on
  • NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, now damn. Now I have to find a way to get some more monies for that MGS collection. I've only playe the GBA Zone of the Enders, but I might grab that collection as well.

Nytewarrior on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Why is that amazing? They're selling you games that you've already played and have probably already bought. For what? The convenience of them all on a single disc? The high definition upscaling of these decade old games? Despite the UI being a bit nicer, and apparently the audio being a bit clearer (which is to say nothing of achievements and trophies, which I simply do not care about at all), these are the same fucking games.

Only a bit sharper.

I haven't played these games, having not owned a PS2 or PSP, so it's pretty nice!

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
    edited June 2011

Only a bit sharper.

Remasters are common place for films and albums. I don't see why it should be such a dirty subject with gaming. Most of the games getting the treatment are classics and I think it's great people are getting a chance, to try them again or for the first time with a sharper presentation.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I never had enough cash to own multiple systems. I only played MGS1 thanks to bleem! On the dreamcast. I played 2 when it came out for the Xbox.

I am beyond thrilled I will get to now experience roughly 5-7 games from the announcements that I haven't played before.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • G RolG Rol Dorsia? Nobody goes there anymore... Nell'sRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not pumped up at all for fucking HD Collections...I done played that shit.

Never Dead looks garbage..ugh. Gameplay looks dullsville, but at least the character designs are also really boring.

Silent Hill still looks dead in the water.

but...Frogger!

G Rol on

G%20Rol.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Hmmm
    Hmm. Contra tease at the very end.

Undead Scottsman on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Only a bit sharper.

And now I can replay them all!

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
    edited June 2011
    Konami has a new slogan.

Pre-Making Press Events and Re-Making Video Games

Henroid on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Did they not announce what was in the silent hill collection?

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MGS Collection has MGS2. I'm not paying money for that game ever again. I'd rather buy the MGS3D no matter the price difference.

Algertman on
    edited June 2011
    Silent Hill 2 & 3 only =(

Fawst on
    edited June 2011
    Why the hell would you make a collection and not include the first game? It boggles the mind!

Undead Scottsman on
    edited June 2011
    So... Consider the cost split between 3 and Peace Walker with 2 thrown in for free?

Fawst on
    edited June 2011
    Why the hell would you make a collection and not include the first game? It boggles the mind!

Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill, and I mean the first game in each series, left the STRONGEST impressions on me from each series and they were the best games in their respective series. So I mean... yeah, why the fuck are they being left out? That's fucking awful.

Henroid on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Haikira wrote: »

Only a bit sharper.

Remasters are common place for films and albums. I don't see why it should be such a dirty subject with gaming. Most of the games getting the treatment are classics and I think it's great people are getting a chance, to try them again or for the first time with a sharper presentation.

Yes but you only remaster an album if it needs doing. Indeed, the original masters of classic albums are often sought after much more than the contemporary, polished reissues. And when classic albums are re-released, it is always a cash-grab by the record labels.

And even then, you wait one, maybe two or three decades before you do it. Peace Walker came out last year. MGS2 and 3 are last-gen games and the former is out for the 360 already.

When next-gen rolls around, are we going to want a SuperHD remake of MGS4 and MGSRising?

It would genuinely be cheaper to buy them used instead of a brand new HD repack. And they'd be better because you wouldn't have the gulf between the rendered resolution and the texture resolution. And you'd experience them as they were designed, instead of the game-breaking retrofit like Twin Snakes and Subsistence. And you'd save money. And you wouldn't propagate this tiresome and needless repackaging of old games as new just to maximise profits in a make-work fashion by upscaling games that don't need upscaling just to slap a big sixty dollar tag on the box and make you buy their dumb games over and over again.

Even these superfluous moral arguments aside, if your reason for being excited is that you haven't played these games yet, then you can literally pick all of them up new for half the combined price of the repack.

The_Scarab on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Does Square generally do its own conference? All this HD collection talk has me hankering for Kingdom Hearts.

Ceno on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ceno wrote: »
    Does Square generally do its own conference? All this HD collection talk has me hankering for Kingdom Hearts.

Nope.. only other non-hardware companies I can think of are Activision and Ubisoft (not sure if they are this year or not). Maybe EA and Sega as well, I can't remember.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Transfarring.

BRILLIANT

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
    edited June 2011

Only a bit sharper.

It's amazing because it's not limited to the PS3, you killjoy. Yes, it's the same games. That's what a collection tends to be, made up of previously released material. Why are people excited about Beyond Good & Evil HD? Why do people want an HD update of Halo CE? Why were people flipping the fuck put over REmake?

Actually, the best question here is this: why are you so butthurt over this?

I'm excited because I love my 360 and think it has the far superior controller. I also love MGS2, and Snake Eater is one of my favorite games of all time. Sorry you are so upset about this...

Edit: Oh, and the other two reasons: I don't have a PS2/BC PS3 and I don't own a PSP, so I haven't played Peace Walker.

Fawst on