As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

achewood [chat]

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    by the way, people with Netflix, Fresh is on streaming. This is an incredible, suspenseful, fantastic movie.

I am currently watching Nightwatch. It is...interesting.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Simon!

Does remember tomorrow make sense?

Yes, it totally makes sense! I am just super busy right now with thesis stuff, I've got a presentation to make on Friday regarding my progress and all that jazz. I'll try and get around to writing up my thoughts and rolling the dice tonight.

Oh, no stress. Just making sure because I am notoriously the worst rules explainer ever.

desc on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    by the way, people with Netflix, Fresh is on streaming. This is an incredible, suspenseful, fantastic movie.

russian supernatural movie or american psychological suspense movie

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    also, this was incredible: there's no kangaroo pen, there's just this wooded area with a trail leading through it and it's completely open to any of the dozens of kangaroos there. So you're just walking along minding your own business and boom, random kangaroo bounding across the path two feet in front of your nose.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    also, this was incredible: there's no kangaroo pen, there's just this wooded area with a trail leading through it and it's completely open to any of the dozens of kangaroos there. So you're just walking along minding your own business and boom, random kangaroo bounding across the path two feet in front of your nose.

I thought kangaroos are assholes and you don't want to be near them

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    South host wrote: »
    Oh man, I always wanted to go to the Osaka aquarium. Because it is suppose to be awesome.

I went there in January, actually!

It's pretty good, but as cool as they make it seem in all the photography, the place isn't actually that great overall. Some impressive stuff in there, and it was pretty cool seeing a (small-ish) whale shark in the giant tank, but it was still more or less an aquarium.

The aquarium in Atlanta has 4 whale sharks, but they're all kinda small.

There you go! I have never been to Atlanta, my knowledge of the place comes down to that episode of the Simpsons where they cover their mouths with glasses and say "I really love the Atlanta Falcons"

simonwolf on
    edited June 2011
    Zampanov wrote: »

Russian supernautral. Its been on my list for a bit. It is...unique. And very Russian.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2011

Russian supernautral. Its been on my list for a bit. It is...unique. And very Russian.

yeah it's not bad

I like other Nightwatch better though. It's nice and creepy.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011

maybe this is a liability nightmare but these kangaroos were totally chillaxed

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I liked Nightwatch. I watched it a couple times since I have it on DVD. I don't think I would actively recommend it to anyone unless that was the kind of movie they were into though.

Still haven't seen the sequel.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2011

I forget how many times I watched Fresh. I bought a brown leather jacket once, because it really looked like the one I saw in it.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2011

very cool

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    South host wrote: »
    Oh man, I always wanted to go to the Osaka aquarium. Because it is suppose to be awesome.

I went there in January, actually!

It's pretty good, but as cool as they make it seem in all the photography, the place isn't actually that great overall. Some impressive stuff in there, and it was pretty cool seeing a (small-ish) whale shark in the giant tank, but it was still more or less an aquarium.

The aquarium in Atlanta has 4 whale sharks, but they're all kinda small.

There you go! I have never been to Atlanta, my knowledge of the place comes down to that episode of the Simpsons where they cover their mouths with glasses and say "I really love the Atlanta Falcons"

My knowledge is basically that one Futurama where they find Atlanta underwater, and that I liked the aquarium.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    kangaroos are okay as long as you don't make them hopping mad

get it

hopping mad

(because they hop)

Elendil on
    edited June 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    I liked Nightwatch. I watched it a couple times since I have it on DVD. I don't think I would actively recommend it to anyone unless that was the kind of movie they were into though.

I heard it kinda sucks. Like it's about a magic piece of chalk or something.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited June 2011
    Samuel L. Jackson is all "Son, I'm trying to teach you about life through chess metaphors!" and the kid is like "But Dad I was trying to have a moment here, before I go and do this thing!"

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    winsor mccay is amazing

thanks to whoever introduced me to that

it was jake and someone else

late to the party on this, but I'm glad you're digging it, will :)

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited June 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

Its very Russian. Very very Russian. I like it. But man, there is no better description to such a dark and nihilistic world. Only the Russians could make a movie be entertaining yet having a gigantic dark cloud of depression and hopelessness sit upon it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2011
    Elki wrote: »

I forget how many times I watched Fresh. I bought a brown leather jacket once, because it really looked like the one I saw in it.

Oh, nice! :^: I'm glad you're here to back me up on this. It's such a good movie.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well I am on my way home finally.

Take care [chat]! Catch ya on the flip side.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I got to feed kangaroos when I we went to zoo in Australia. There was this massive fieldish area that was just full of the buggers, and they sold feed next to the entrance.

Then you just had a wander around and could feed/pet them as you wished.

edit: also got to hold a koala - thing was so soft and just slept in my arms.

Daxon on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Simon!

Yes, it totally makes sense! I am just super busy right now with thesis stuff, I've got a presentation to make on Friday regarding my progress and all that jazz. I'll try and get around to writing up my thoughts and rolling the dice tonight.

Oh, no stress. Just making sure because I am notoriously the worst rules explainer ever.

It seems neat, and I like the way it sets itself up! I will need to spend some time staring at what you're writing and figure out how I'm going to do something similar. Clearly my guy is going to be an outlaw motorcycle gang member

just a steel town chopper on a saturday night

lookin' for the ride of his life

simonwolf on
    edited June 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

get it

hopping mad

(because they hop)

Elendil!

Now that you have netflix you need to watch:

Fresh
    Party Down
    Do the Right Thing
    Cheers
    Sherlock
    Have Gun Will Travel
    Jekyll
    Feast of Death: James Ellroy
    Midnight Run
    Twin Peaks

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited June 2011
    Daxon wrote: »

I got to feed kangaroos when I we went to zoo in Australia. There was this massive fieldish area that was just full of the buggers, and they sold feed next to the entrance.

Then you just had a wander around and could feed/pet them as you wished.

edit: also got to hold a koala - thing was so soft and just slept in my arms.

Aw :)

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited June 2011
    To be fair, though, kangaroos are only dangerous if you get all up in their territory, and also piss off one of the males

Otherwise they're basically a pest species

delicious, though

simonwolf on
    edited June 2011
    q: is it possible to kill a deathclaw in fallout 3 at level 2 with a baseball bat y/n

Elendil on
    edited June 2011
    To be fair, though, kangaroos are only dangerous if you get all up in their territory, and also piss off one of the males

delicious, though

So they are like giant rabbits then? Down to being delicious? Man rabbit/hare is so good.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2011

get it

hopping mad

(because they hop)

Elendil!

Fresh
    Party Down
    Do the Right Thing
    Cheers
    Sherlock
    Have Gun Will Travel
    Jekyll
    Midnight Run
    Twin Peaks
    I will bear this in mind

now that I have it I am blanking out on all the things I wanted to get it to watch

Elendil on
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    q: is it possible to kill a deathclaw in fallout 3 at level 2 with a baseball bat y/n

Only one way to find out.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for reminding us all to go see The Zoo Keeper starring Kevin James, Jacobkosh.

It will be fun for the whole family.

Also, it's pretty much guaranteed to be complete and utter shit.

21stCentury on
    edited June 2011

delicious, though

So they are like giant rabbits then? Down to being delicious? Man rabbit/hare is so good.

Let's put it this way

We can sustainably kill 5.5 million kangaroos per year, probably more

Their meat is lean and delicious

and using the same area of land, you can raise three times as much meat from kangaroos as opposed to cows

simonwolf on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

get it

hopping mad

(because they hop)

Elendil!

Fresh
    Party Down
    Do the Right Thing
    Cheers
    Sherlock
    Have Gun Will Travel
    Jekyll
    Midnight Run
    Twin Peaks

I like Do The Right Thing a lot. Spike Lee does an incredible job of creating the sensation of heat that fills the air. I mean you can feel the damn heat that causes everything to build up.

Thomamelas on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Simon!

It seems neat, and I like the way it sets itself up! I will need to spend some time staring at what you're writing and figure out how I'm going to do something similar. Clearly my guy is going to be an outlaw motorcycle gang member

just a steel town chopper on a saturday night

lookin' for the ride of his life

yes!

but wait simon

what man or agency would be so bold as to harsh this ride?

desc on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    elendil, watch eddie izzard

Nerdgasmic on
    edited June 2011
    Last two L.A. Noire missions. Hooray!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think..

I think there's something wrong with me.

I am finding the mighty boosh really scary.

I am scaring stupid easily.

Daxon on
    edited June 2011
    yes!

but wait simon

what man or agency would be so bold as to harsh this ride?

uh

uhhhhh

a... rival motorcycle gang? I am imagining Akira-style motorcycle chases, motion-blurred lights and all

simonwolf on
    edited June 2011
    I can kill a fire ant warrior if I run around in circles for 45 seconds

not liking my chances against a deathclaw tho

sticking with the "get bullshit DLC items from Operation Anchorage first" plan

Elendil on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Terraria is so worth 9,99.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    It's a less buggy minecraft with at least twice the content.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
This discussion has been closed.