As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines - All finished and updated (finally)

HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
edited January 2012 in Games and Technology
Hello! Let's Play Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

rr3g.jpg

This one is a bit different from my other Let's Plays. I've played it before and I know whats coming up. It's a fantastic Role Playing Game full of horror and nastyness.

Please do feel free to suggest what to do and people to eat!

Apologies that this is a few videos in, but work has kept me a tad busy.

Videos

Set 1
Set 2
Set 3
Set 4
Set 5
Set 6

Set 7
Set 8
Set 9
Set 10
Set 11
Set 12
Set 13
Set 14
Set 15
Set 16
Set 17
Set 18
Set 19
Set 20
Set 21
Set 22
Set 23
Set 24
Set 25
Set 26
Set 27
Set 28
Set 29
Set 30
Set 31
Set 32 - the end!

See all of my Let's Plays Here:
Youtube Channel!
Helloween on

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Neeeeeeeerrrrrrrd-

Oh wait, this is one of my favorite games ever. Carry on!

<3

I suspect seeing it in motion again will prompt me to reinstall it.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Basil wrote: »
    Neeeeeeeerrrrrrrd-

Oh wait, this is one of my favorite games ever. Carry on!

<3

I suspect seeing it in motion again will prompt me to reinstall it.

Isn't that the rules? Or is that Deus Ex, I forget.

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I own this game, but chances are I won't be able to find it. How much (and where) is the game on the various downloadable venues? I expect I'll be following Basil's lead on the re-install.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I own this game, but chances are I won't be able to find it. How much (and where) is the game on the various downloadable venues? I expect I'll be following Basil's lead on the re-install.

Is £15 on steam.

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I greatly look forward to this even if it's not a blind run. I never got around to finishing this due to the buggy mess the game engine was...

Akilae on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You don't have to talk to Knox to learn how to save Heather. You could talk to Mercurio.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This game is fantastic. Helloween is fantastic.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Watching through the tutorial inspired me to grab this from GOG.

Good work. Now I have to quit watching.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    GoG has redemption, not bloodlines.

Nice to see another LP from helloween though.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Antihippy wrote: »
    GoG has redemption, not bloodlines.

Nice to see another LP from helloween though.
    That's what I get for getting all excited, I guess.

Oh well, installing anyway.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Never played it, always wanted to see it.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, you left poor Mr. McGee in Gimble's basement.

Horrible.
    Yes, I am aware he's dead. Also, I think you missed a stat book in the cupboard of your kitchen?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    valgomirvalgomir Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hooray, it's been too long since you played a buggy game. Those combined with your commentary / playing style always make for great LPs :P

valgomir on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Man, you left poor Mr. McGee in Gimble's basement.

Horrible.
    Yes, I am aware he's dead. Also, I think you missed a stat book in the cupboard of your kitchen?

Naa, its in the room opposite yours

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Very entertaining so far , good job.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Also Helloween, female Tremere is my favorite. So I'm glad that's what you're doing.

There are plenty of Malk LPs out there, it's nice to see a VtM:B LP with the most ass-kicking build available.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also Helloween, female Tremere is my favorite. So I'm glad that's what you're doing.

There are plenty of Malk LPs out there, it's nice to see a VtM:B LP with the most ass-kicking build available.

Yeah, the inital vote was actually between tremere and malk in malks favour, but I decided to call executive powers and run with tremere. It was fairly close mind, but i thought this would be the more different run. I do love Tremere mind, so much fun.

I'm not updating tonight, but I will tomorrow.

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh man, I've beaten this twice and I had no idea Jack was voiced by Bender until you pointed it out.

Good sets, can't wait for more.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I read the thread title. I hoped it was Helloween. I am so pleased right now.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    nefyavenefyave Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This will be fun to watch. Helloween LPs are always awesome! I remember playing the game and seeing posters in the club for one of my favorite bands, The Empire Hideous. Nice little touch.

nefyave on
    bannerpa.jpg
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My last run through of this game kinda got sidetracked due to the bug that replaced every interactive thing in the level with random objects (as seen in the bonus clip during Helloween's last LP). I was walking through downtown LA with every wall and street corner covered with Old Man NPC. It was slightly odder than usual.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've been playing this again thanks to this LP, because this game is just so good.

Between this and Oblivion I'm probably gonna be good in the RPG department till Skyrim.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Watching through the tutorial inspired me to grab this from GOG.

http://youtu.be/1dK4mNYiges

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The boob jiggle physics in the creation screen are DOA levels of ridiculous. It's pretty horrifying actually.

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lowlander wrote: »
    The boob jiggle physics in the creation screen are DOA levels of ridiculous. It's pretty horrifying actually.

The tissue has lost all cohesion due to death.

Undead boob physics.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I love your Let's Plays, Helloween.

That's really all I came in here to say.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    BYToady wrote: »
    Lowlander wrote: »

The tissue has lost all cohesion due to death.

Undead boob physics.

Imagine if DoA had been Source-powered.

Also, Tremere are best.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dammit, Helloween, I've been watching a lot of your LPs for a while now, and you gotta stop making me laugh, dammit! Neighbors are starting to get concerned....

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Dammit, Helloween, I've been watching a lot of your LPs for a while now, and you gotta stop making me laugh, dammit! Neighbors are starting to get concerned....

It's cool, I'll send them a note.

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sigh. . . I've always wanted to try this, but it's never been on sale on Steam as far as I know. Then I see Little Kuriboh starting an LP of the game (in character as Marik), but he's kinda stalled for now. Now YOU'RE doing one? Okay. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and watch this all the way through, if only for the many yucks this is bound to have.

Grimthwacker on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bah. You HAD to start this LP while I don't really have access to a PC that can play youtube videos well.

Once I get mine back, I'll be following this very closely. I love Vampire...even though my normal PC absolutely hates it...well, the sewers and particle effects, heck. There were two or so missions that I literally HAD to godmode through because I was getting maybe...10 FPS.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    heenato wrote: »
    Bah. You HAD to start this LP while I don't really have access to a PC that can play youtube videos well.

Once I get mine back, I'll be following this very closely. I love Vampire...even though my normal PC absolutely hates it...well, the sewers and particle effects, heck. There were two or so missions that I literally HAD to godmode through because I was getting maybe...10 FPS.

To be fair, there are some sections even my lovely pc cant deal with (the pier area) and caves in FPS. Fun times with source engine issues.

Set up in an hour or two.

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Helloween wrote: »
    heenato wrote: »

To be fair, there are some sections even my lovely pc cant deal with (the pier area) and caves in FPS. Fun times with source engine issues.

Set up in an hour or two.

Huzzah!

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Did your game get froze in the caves, I think it is, where there's that game breaking bug that kills your save right there, as well as freezes the game, causing you to pretty much redo the whole level over again?

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I gotta say, Helloween, I'm slightly disappointed in your lack of respect for guns. Guns can be really awesome if you put some points into it (and a Tremere definitely should when they're not getting more blood spells). Even the .38 can be useful.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Set 3 yo

Set 3

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That was epic music for that tense battle against the car trunk.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I decided to grab this game after watching the first set, have now jumped ahead of helloween so I can watch his and backtrack to all the things I've missed.

I hate doors in this game. Ladders? Nah. Doors though, fucking doors. Between scripted walking through doors and getting stuck in the door frame, and the doors themselves stopping and trying to close if I accidently touch them before they're fully open, I've probably wasted a few hours of reloads.

Doors are evil.

Saphier on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Doors are the worst. Car trunks are pretty iffy too :x

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Where to get the info you skipped finding and went straight for the car instead:
    When you get her purse, you also get the photo and a bail bond for her boyfriend. The kilpatrick's computer tells you the car's license plate, color and model when you look him up.

Saphier on