Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

E3: Now You're Thinking with Two Screens - Wii U Photos in OP

• Indie WinterIndie Winter Nattravnen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    that game looks like Hostile Waters

Hostile Waters was awesome

I now like this game

RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man.

Uncharted 2 was a really, really, really good game.

i literally just beat this game
    you are so right

raneasig.png
  • FishmanFishman I find your inability to differentiate between 'corruption' and 'feminism' disturbing Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fishman wrote: »
    More Carrier Command!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/14/hands-on-with-carrier-command/

Look, I realise that I'm probably the only person who thinks this is great, seeing as you'd need to be

a) over 30
    b) probably own an Amiga

to even remember the original, but this could be seriously cool. It's like a vehicular combat/strategy/super-mecha-battleship game, and all of those things happen at the same time.

I'm really hoping for a demo. And possibly a joystick. And free DLC that adds multiplayer.

Fishman

did you ever play Iron Wolves?

No, no I did not.

Also, Nimrod: Yes, yes very much so. Hostile Waters is pretty much unacknowledged homage/remake of Carrier Command, but without the license. Hostile Waters owes more to Carrier Command than Bioshock does to System Shock.

Although HW gets bonus credit for Tom Baker and half the cast of Blake's 7. That was just icing.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    well bale that's just you bein' a big wrong old man

kid icarus, ocarina of time, starfox, super mario, paper mario and

uhhhhhhhhh

animal crossing!

yeahhhh

animal crossing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eso2Sj0S6u0

edit: wow this is irt a post from like a billion years ago

I've already played Ocarina and Star Fox 64 a million times, I'm not going to buy a 3DS to play them again.

and the super mario and kid icarus 3DS games look bad

and no one has ever been able to sufficiently explain to me what exactly is fun about Animal Crossing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Stilts wrote: »
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    just beat infamous 2

hot damn what a game

and an actual ending! How bold

Really? That's nice to know.

I was a little worried that they'd go the Assassin's Creed route of having a cliffhanger every game.

No cliffhanger at all

It has been a while since I played a game that has done this

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    How does the super Mario game look bad at all. It looks great. Unless you must don't like Mario games. In which case, fair enough.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    How does the super Mario game look bad at all. It looks great. Unless you must don't like Mario games. In which case, fair enough.

I don't like how slow it looks. It looks like Mario is always running in molasses.

metroid_sig.jpg
    edited June 2011
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

I don't like how slow it looks. It looks like Mario is always running in molasses.

this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    rhylith wrote: »
    Shabooty wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »
    That ridiculous hacker group has been attacking more sites and servers. Eve Online and League of Legends login servers and such.

minecraft too, I hear

why minecraft

what has minecraft done

If that alpha tester thing turns out to be legit, Notch has broken EU trade law.

what?

Yeah I'd like to see a source on this because I'm not finding it.

I, too, would like information about this maybe thing.

I think, but I'm probably wrong, he is referring to notch promising all alpha testers all future versions of minecraft and minecraft is now getting released over XBLA which is causing some controversy I guess?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAw9S-R76lg

this looks pretty good, and it's out now on steam

do wish I had money

• ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It looks like my 3DS already has some dead pixels. That is super dumb

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Goose!Goose! Its a rebranding thing Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Iwata has confirmed that the WiiU will not play Blu Ray or DVDs at all.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Melding wrote: »
    Melding I'm not really.. saying that you need it to make assbro better. It is just.. weird the way you are approaching it to me. The games have a story and things that happen.

I don't know, it seems like skipping a movie in a series of movies. If that makes any sense.

I get that, that's why i read a plot write up and stuff from several different sites. I'm not going into it completely blind story wise. And honestly the game does a pretty good recap once you get back from Rome.
    Other then being kind of silly, i have no issue with the plot. Infamous' plot was silly and i loved that game.

you could ignore all aspects of the AC story and be better off for it. Just play the ones you want to play.

There are dudes who need to be stabbed, and you are the one to do it. Just, go with that.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It looks like my 3DS already has some dead pixels. That is super dumb

Yeah there's a reason I didn't ever intend on getting a first-gen 3DS. Waiting until DSLite proved to be worth it and I suspect the next 3DS will be similarly improved.
    Goose! wrote: »
    Iwata has confirmed that the WiiU will not play Blu Ray or DVDs at all.

Not too surprising since the Nintendo already announced it will use a proprietary format.

League of Legends: Lamby Cakes | XBox Live: Jon Butters
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh hey EA yanked Crysis 2 from steam

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i ordered ass bro yesterday

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am something like 14 hours into Brotherhood. It was $40 from XBL's game market, and only took about 3 hours to download.

This game is good. I may be losing steam. I have no idea how far I am through this game.

I suck at playing games like this. I play them like I would a fucking Bethesda RPG, meaning I make my own fun while nibbling at the quests like a mouse on a cookie. I drink that shit in slowly. Unfortunately, I sometimes lose interest far before finishing because of this. It's like I'm terrified of parts of the mini map which progress the main story. The sad part is, those really are the most well-thought out and most fun portions of the game.

I'm pretty sure this is a negative side effect of too many great RPG/Open world games wherein you usually hear the line "If you just focus on the main quest, bla bla bla, 10 hours...explore and do sidequests...30 hours." I tend to hang around too long because I don't want to rush through this stuff and as a result, lose steam as a result. And yes, I realize Brotherhood is a long game in itself. That's probably part of the problem, given how I was playing through it.

edit: Oh, this game get harder? It's a bit easy, apart from some missions where stealth is required. I always have plenty of arrows, smoke bombs, bullets, shin kicks, etc. to easily handle any amount of enemies. The medicine bag which holds over a dozen "instant-100%-restore health packs" doesn't help.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous WALK 3X FASTER New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Have you gotten to the part where you finally find out what the left bumper does?

Because that moment is pretty magical.

zaku.png
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: WaffleMous#1483
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Slip Like Freudian. Playing Yourself Like Accordion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    well bale that's just you bein' a big wrong old man

kid icarus, ocarina of time, starfox, super mario, paper mario and

uhhhhhhhhh

animal crossing!

yeahhhh

animal crossing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eso2Sj0S6u0

edit: wow this is irt a post from like a billion years ago

I've already played Ocarina and Star Fox 64 a million times, I'm not going to buy a 3DS to play them again.

and the super mario and kid icarus 3DS games look bad

and no one has ever been able to sufficiently explain to me what exactly is fun about Animal Crossing
    You can go fishing and chase bugs while wearing stupid outfits that you designed.

5UZDe2J.jpg
    edited June 2011
    that dosen't sound fun to me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Slip Like Freudian. Playing Yourself Like Accordion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh, and you have to pay a mortgage. That's the best part.

5UZDe2J.jpg
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Drew-B wrote: »
    I am something like 14 hours into Brotherhood. It was $40 from XBL's game market, and only took about 3 hours to download.

This game is good. I may be losing steam. I have no idea how far I am through this game.

I suck at playing games like this. I play them like I would a fucking Bethesda RPG, meaning I make my own fun while nibbling at the quests like a mouse on a cookie. I drink that shit in slowly. Unfortunately, I sometimes lose interest far before finishing because of this. It's like I'm terrified of parts of the mini map which progress the main story. The sad part is, those really are the most well-thought out and most fun portions of the game.

I'm pretty sure this is a negative side effect of too many great RPG/Open world games wherein you usually hear the line "If you just focus on the main quest, bla bla bla, 10 hours...explore and do sidequests...30 hours." I tend to hang around too long because I don't want to rush through this stuff and as a result, lose steam as a result. And yes, I realize Brotherhood is a long game in itself. That's probably part of the problem, given how I was playing through it.

edit: Oh, this game get harder? It's a bit easy, apart from some missions where stealth is required. I always have plenty of arrows, smoke bombs, bullets, shin kicks, etc. to easily handle any amount of enemies. The medicine bag which holds over a dozen "instant-100%-restore health packs" doesn't help.

Eh, it's pretty easy the whole way through. The most "difficult" parts are the Romulus Lairs, which are challenging because they're essentially puzzles. None of them crazy hard, though.

Also. AssBro's MP is where its at. Easily my favorite MP game this gen.

mrsatansig.png
    edited June 2011
    Drew-B wrote: »

The challenge of Brotherhood is staying hidden and getting assassinations done efficiently not staying alive.

• Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I suppose.

But I also have a gun, and a sword and butcher knife, and a crossbow and a horde of assassins who will jump in and ruin people's shit whenever I went. And a ton of armor that I've invested in.

I'm pretty stealthy, and in most missions I love playing the assassin and walking up slowly to slip someone a poison blade. That really is fun for me. But I'm bad at tying one hand behind my back if the game isn't forcing me. If they give me a gun, which happens to be alarmingly fun to use against suits of armor, damn I want to use it. Call me an Assassins Creed dilettante I guess.

edited June 2011
    Yeah they definitely made you a freaking god in that game.

• KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    Melding I'm not really.. saying that you need it to make assbro better. It is just.. weird the way you are approaching it to me. The games have a story and things that happen.

I don't know, it seems like skipping a movie in a series of movies. If that makes any sense.

I get that, that's why i read a plot write up and stuff from several different sites. I'm not going into it completely blind story wise. And honestly the game does a pretty good recap once you get back from Rome.
    Other then being kind of silly, i have no issue with the plot. Infamous' plot was silly and i loved that game.

you could ignore all aspects of the AC story and be better off for it. Just play the ones you want to play.

There are dudes who need to be stabbed, and you are the one to do it. Just, go with that.

No way. Ezio's story is completely fantastic

7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    halo anniversary edition to launch with 360 version of the duke

I wish

http://ca.kotaku.com/5812311/the-original-xbox-controller-is-coming-back-in-an-extremely-limited-way-only-for-halo-fest

which is hilarious since koshian made that up at the time

edit: oh wait it's only 6 controllers and it's for Halo Fest

n/m

7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2011
    Oh, and you have to pay a mortgage. That's the best part.

that fucking raccoon

• CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It is a video game. Video games are fun.

4484-7718-8470
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Keith wrote: »

I wish

http://ca.kotaku.com/5812311/the-original-xbox-controller-is-coming-back-in-an-extremely-limited-way-only-for-halo-fest

n/m

I want a 360 compatible Duke.

bO0v7.png
    edited June 2011
    Campion wrote: »
    It is a video game. Video games are fun.

not all of them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »

I wish

n/m

I want a 360 compatible Duke.

I have dreamed of one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    yes a 360 compatible duke let me just put on my hulk hands so i can hold it properly

edited June 2011
    I must have gigantic hands because the Duke is most comfortable controller I've ever used

the 360 controller is 2nd place though

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So they're already apparently working on a new Xbox console.

And one of the first games to be developed for it is going to be a new Timesplitters game.

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't have long fingers, but they are kinda thick.

I still liked the Duke more than the S controller.

bO0v7.png
    edited June 2011
    of course they are working on a new console

Sony almost certainly is too

but those babies won't be coming out until 2013 or 2014 at the earliest

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]