Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

E3: Now You're Thinking with Two Screens - Wii U Photos in OP

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A report from Reuters is indicating that hacker group Lulz Security (LulzSec) broke into a public portion of the Senate website over a weekend and claimed responsibility for that attack in a Tweet Monday. Now, for the second time in a week, the group has broken into a public senate site and downloaded information.

“They’re getting nothing but the attacks continue,” Senate sergeant at arms Martina Bradford told Reuters, “We’ve been able to stay ahead of the hackers and keep them out of the main Senate network.”

In addition to the Senate website the LulzSec group, which has yet to claim this latest hack, has also performed attacks on Sony BMG, Nintendo.com , Sonypictures.com, PBS.org, Fox.com, US X Factor contestant database, Sonymusic.co.jp, InfraGard (a company affiliated with the FBI) International Monetary Fund and Lockheed Martin, Citigroup, and Michaels stores.

At this time, CIA.gov, the official site of the Central Intelligence Agency, is also unresponsive to browsing and we have reason to believe it has faced the same fate as the other prominent sites. LulzSec has seemed to claim responsibility for the CIA site going down with this Tweet, posted Wednesday evening PST, stating “Tango down - CIA.gov – for the lulz.”

http://thenextweb.com/industry/2011/06/15/senate-website-cia-gov-hacked-lulzsec-claims-responsibility/

bO0v7.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I seriously can't afford all this shit

I'm still buying Xbox 1 games

Shit, I'm still catching up on SNES games

The fuck

Who cares what anyone else says or thinks of you? At the end, how big you smile, how hard you dance, matters. Sounds like a victory to me.
    Steam
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    if you think I am clicking a link with "Micro$oft" in it you are mistaken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2011
    I seriously can't afford all this shit

I'm still buying Xbox 1 games

Shit, I'm still catching up on SNES games

The fuck

stop living in the third world

• CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Campion wrote: »
    and no one has ever been able to sufficiently explain to me what exactly is fun about Animal Crossing
    It is a video game. Video games are fun.

not all of them

Yeah but video games are fun.

4484-7718-8470
    edited June 2011
    and no one has ever been able to sufficiently explain to me what exactly is fun about Animal Crossing

not all of them

yeah but I dont understand why this particular game is fun

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    edited June 2011
    my favorite part of animal crossing is and always will be resetti

edited June 2011

not all of them

yeah but I dont understand why this particular game is fun

A ball is fun, I do not understand why either, I just accept that it is fun. There are things in this world that we do not need to question, they just are.

4484-7718-8470
    edited June 2011
    except it's not fun, for me at least

I dont understand the appeal

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cute furry animals

That's literally all the appeal of Animal Crossing

But dammit, that's enough for me to love the series

Who cares what anyone else says or thinks of you? At the end, how big you smile, how hard you dance, matters. Sounds like a victory to me.
    Steam
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living Proof That Sometimes Friends Are Mean.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    you can hit them in the face with your bug catching net, which is pretty sweet.

SPJbSps.png
    edited June 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINUfbLV_0M
    Williams is an avid enthusiast of games (even naming his daughter after Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda video game series),[38] enjoying pen-and-paper role-playing games and online video games, recently playing Warcraft 3, Day of Defeat, Half-Life,[39] and the first-person shooter Battlefield 2 as a sniper.[40] On January 6, 2006, he performed live at Consumer Electronics Show during Google's keynote.[41] In the 2006 E3, on the invitation of Will Wright, he demonstrated the creature editor of Spore while simultaneously commenting on the creature's look: "This will actually make a platypus look good."[42] He also complimented the game's versatility, comparing it to Populous and Black & White. Later that year, he was one of several celebrities to participate in the Worldwide Dungeons & Dragons Game Day.

bO0v7.png
  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Why do kids like Apple Jacks if they don't taste like apples?

7LmZWpZ.jpg
    Steam | 3DS: 3497-0691-2891
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Animal Crossing is a fun little time sink until you get bored and don't play for a few months. Then you come back to it and find the entire town is covered in weeds. You take a whole day to pull weeds and plant fruit to bring your orchard back up to speed. Then you realize that you just did virtual yard work for a whole day and you trade in the game.

• 101101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Williams is an avid enthusiast of games (even naming his daughter after Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda video game series),[38] enjoying pen-and-paper role-playing games and online video games, recently playing Warcraft 3, Day of Defeat, Half-Life,[39] and the first-person shooter Battlefield 2 as a sniper.[40] On January 6, 2006, he performed live at Consumer Electronics Show during Google's keynote.[41] In the 2006 E3, on the invitation of Will Wright, he demonstrated the creature editor of Spore while simultaneously commenting on the creature's look: "This will actually make a platypus look good."[42] He also complimented the game's versatility, comparing it to Populous and Black & White. Later that year, he was one of several celebrities to participate in the Worldwide Dungeons & Dragons Game Day.

Love the beard

edited June 2011
    Keith wrote: »

Exactly.

4484-7718-8470
    edited June 2011
    Keith wrote: »

Exactly.

because they are sweet and sugary and kids love sweets

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Starting out in a new environment with plenty to expore feels exciting, collecting various things (bugs, fish, and fossils) is satisfying, getting new stuff for your pad is cool, and fucking around with the neighboring residents is almost always enjoyable.

Its a fun relaxing time sink after more hectic games.

edited June 2011
    edited June 2011

fffffffff

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I finally got around to downloading my free playstation game which was infamous.

I say game because I already had ratchet and clank and LBP and I don't really have any interest in the others.

We shall see how fun it is tonight.

edited June 2011

fffffffff

Did you already buy one?

bO0v7.png
    edited June 2011

fffffffff

Did you already buy one?

no, but I really shouldnt be buying one right now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Fuckin' Henry Hatsworth. No one but me and unintentional I think played this game. I've had it for years and still haven't beaten it. I wish they'd make a sequel but I'm pretty sure they only made $100 off of it despite how good it is.

• unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Fuckin' Henry Hatsworth. No one but me and unintentional I think played this game. I've had it for years and still haven't beaten it. I wish they'd make a sequel but I'm pretty sure they only made $100 off of it despite how good it is.

woot

I 100%ed it 8-)

and I've been playing through it again at work, almost done

i'm out, follow me on twitter @uninten , steam is GaryMyNemesis
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Williams with a beard owns

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
    edited June 2011

woot

I 100%ed it 8-)

and I've been playing through it again at work, almost done
    You're insane. I just beat level 5-1 after not playing for a year or more. And now level 5-2 is tearing my asshole apart. I'm not even playing Gentleman mode. I doubt I ever will.

e: I actually had to go back through an easier world to stock up on extra lives. I had like 18 or so and am down to 7 now.

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

hey fuck you I've been stuck on 5-1 for nine months

edited June 2011

hey fuck you I've been stuck on 5-1 for nine months
    5-2 is not quite as frustrating. Still a bitch.

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    son of a bitch now I gotta try again

luckily I have somehow stockpiled 50 lives by just playing the damn game

• AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    101 wrote: »

Love the beard

agreed

• Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I saw Robin Williams at Disney World and I later went on Thunder Mountain on the same train as Hulk Hogan and Brooke Hogan, NWO years.

• ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere MY FINEST CREATION oh nevermind it's deadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I loved henry hatsworth but holy fuckballs it was just too hard I couldn't beat it

nHu0VJL.png
    My Youtube My Steam SMITE IGN: TDOTCRFH4 come SMITE with me
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I thought I was getting pretty good at this parkour business. Then I tried chasing Volpe.

Yep, still terrible.

(ac2)

whew
    got it
    man, that was maddening
    i cheated and watched a youtube vid
    i was going the slow way

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want to know who thought that Mr. Caffeine guy was a GOOD idea.

• Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The best parts of e3 are the PR disasters and stage mishaps and you know it, god damnit.

edited June 2011
    I loved henry hatsworth but holy fuckballs it was just too hard I couldn't beat it
    So I use like 8 lives getting through 5-2 which has a spot where you can get killed my a screwed up puzzle. You get on some moving platforms that are in different shapes and on the first one, sometimes it will move up to where it should go but another platform has already moved there so you get trapped and crushed. You just have to not dawdle on the room before or else you will definitely die there. What the fuck. Luckily that's the only glitch I've found in the whole game.

Immediately after that is one of those goddamn slime monsters. FUCK YOU I CAN'T MATCH UP BLOCKS IN THE PUZZLE FAST ENOUGH AND YOU JUST KILL EVERYTHING INSTANTLY.

edited June 2011
    Slider wrote: »
    I want to know who thought that Mr. Caffeine guy was a GOOD idea.

the french

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]