As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter] PA Server is Beholder!

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    40,878! :O

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, starting at 7200 it looks like it takes maybe 40m, that's not as bad a queue time as I have seen, though it is going up by the minute. I fucked up making a character, had to remake it, and it went from 6200 to 7200 in ~10m.

Quintessin on
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Torrenting this game is taking much longer then I thought it would. At this point I should have just opted for the html download or whatever they had next to the torrent option.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Why does the rogue cut some of her clothes off in the middle of the fight?

clothes reduce your armor on female characters

hey is anyone else unable to connect to the patcher

I can't connect to the patcher either.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Patching the game is going slow. I went out to clean the gutters and now I'm at 73%

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Got to level 7 on a Control Wizard

I don't quite like the ice powers, but I LOVE the arcane power I just got

FORCE CHOKE

• Options
    Opiumden34Opiumden34 Registered User regular
    I tried a devoted cleric for about an hour, I can say I'm digging it. What server and guild do you guys have again?

• Options
    JaedlynJaedlyn Registered User regular
    I don't understand the obsession with running cloak tower for seals. If you run during delve and get your armor piece, move on to the next one!

Some people are like slinkies, useless, but they always manage to bring a smile to your face when you...push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    We're on Beholder, and the guild is What A Nice Guild, or I may randomly rename it to Rebecca Black's Fangirls. Abuse of power so good.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    God damn! Almost 200 new posts since this morning...are we having fun yet OR WHAT!?

We're going to need more coal for the hype train.

• Options
    Does anyone have a link handy for...I guess what you are supposed to be doing?

I mean, I ran the story missions with @Corehealer today, but until Core explained it, I had no idea what the Kits were for

And now I see people talking about getting armor pieces, and seals and all kinds of things!

Help a halfling out!

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Uncle Corrigan's Helpful tips:

1. Theres a difference between Armor and Shirt slots. You can craft level 9 upgrades for your base Shirt/Pants section or get some from guildies. Easy way to get some extra stats early on. Also gloves/helms are usually level 20, but you can get crafted gloves for level 9 easily.

2. Learn how to exploit Combat Advantage. Once you get a Companion, attacking from the opposite side of someone else will cause you both to do more damage. You can see a white part of the circle at the base of the enemy's model. If you move to the white area it will turn blue, and this means you have the bonus damage. Whenever you're in a group always try to stand in the white part of the arc. You'll not only increase your own damage, you'll increase the damage of the tank and others who can't be bothered to be in the proper position.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    Patching time. I should have started it before I left for work this morning...

Oh well. I have plenty to do in the meantime!

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Hey guys I coerced some of my coworkers to roll with me as well.

Just looking for a confirmation though; so is the PA server Beholder or Mindflayer? Got conflicting posts when I searched.

FkbtS.png
  • Options
    Beholder.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks Corrigan!

FkbtS.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Aww, I got down to a thousand some be
    Arch wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link handy for...I guess what you are supposed to be doing?

I mean, I ran the story missions with @Corehealer today, but until Core explained it, I had no idea what the Kits were for

And now I see people talking about getting armor pieces, and seals and all kinds of things!

Help a halfling out!

Seals of the... Thingy. Lion? Can be traded for using zone currency from the bounty vendors, one in each zone, or picked up from bosses in dungeons. In theory you can trade these seals for phat loots, though I've yet to find loots sufficiently phat that I would wish to spend the seals on them.

Doing dungeons, foundry quests and skirmishes during their respective events, which are always on rotation, earns you extra rewards upon completion. Try pressing K and clicking the icon on the bottom right to pick up your daily quests, too!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sitting the queue right now! Once I get on I'll see about getting into the guild. I'm playing a Rogue right now but I might go back to the GF, that was the one I played in the beta.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Sweet. All kinds of queuing going on right now.

Devoted Cleric incoming.

Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Got a Cleric up to 5, decided to try out a Wizard, back into the queue. :(

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing what my guy can do with this giant 80's earring he apparently carries as a weapon.

Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Crafting works like the doff system in STO. All my timesinks!

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Queue position: 55644.

C'mon, game. C'mon.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm Sigo Cupsdown@toxicpickle424 on Beholder. Hope to play soon... ish.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    I'm in now, I'm Miri Seaskipper@sirmichael0! Just starting out with a TR.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

That is not a valid account name. Rightclick your portrait in the top left corner and give me your account name so I can invite. :p

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm all up in.

iadrian@iadrian00

Lowercase for clarity.

Wooden Spoon on
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    If @Dunxco isn't going to update the OP with the server, should we just remake the thread?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    JaedlynJaedlyn Registered User regular
    Lord Neverember works for me now.

Getting to where I'm not supposed to, as usual.

Some people are like slinkies, useless, but they always manage to bring a smile to your face when you...push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    Good times on the Cleric. Back in queue with a GF.

Wooden Spoon on Steam
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Crafting works like the doff system in STO. All my timesinks!
    This handy web-portal lets you craft when not in game, I kept it open on my second monitor to craft on my alt while I was playing my main.
    Nice to be able to multi-task.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    Totally forgot about this. Nice to have an mmo surprise you instead of my usual, constant obsession for months beforehand

• Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

That is not a valid account name. Rightclick your portrait in the top left corner and give me your account name so I can invite. :p

I shall post my name once I get through the queue again! I decided against my Rogue once I hit 6 with her so I'm back to my Guardian Fighter. Feels good to hit things in the face with a shield.

Sob24Nm.png
  • Options
    Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    You vile pushers, you!

Downloadin.

Still, I will not roll a tank until the One True Paladin is in the game; CWizard will have to do until then.

• Options
    @CorriganX I'm Alaria@noautomobilesgo! I think I'm definitely going to stick with the Guardian Fighter.

Sob24Nm.png
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    So I just got home and decided to make a character, once 4000 or so people log out I can join you guys.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Neverwinter Queues: The Queueing

• Options
    More like.. more like NeverEnter amirite guys? hahaha. Oh man. Crack myself up.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    No joke, the first time I saw the queue number jump from 3k to 73k I was about to cry. That's scary stuff!

• Options
    Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    And then I found out that the game is region locked in China! Hooooraaaayyyy.

So, no Neverwinter for me, for now. I'll check to see if the game is still up and running when I get back to the States.

:(

This discussion has been closed.