As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sleepy [chat]

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    edit: holy crap, [chat] moved faster than I expected, post no longer relevant

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Did you play the first at all?

Dead Rising 2 is fun. Its also really frustrating, some of the boss fights are really obnoxious and unfair (in a "do stupid shit to win" way, not in a "old school hard" way).

That said

its a game where you can attack dynamite to a lawn dart, throw the lawn dart into the head of a zombie 30 yards out, then get a shitload of points because you killed a big group of zombies in an amazing way

It has an electric wheelchair you can cart zombies around in

I guess how much frustration are you willing to endure for a game that lets you kill zombies in the best possible ways?

I played a bit of the first one. Hmm.

Enh, I'll wait. It will be on sale again at some point and I have so effing many unfinished games.

desc on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I never got around to playing DS2, or MW2, or Assbros.

Man, I should get on this shit.

Dead Space 2: Like Dead Space 1 but smarter.

Ass:Bro: Like AC2 but smarter.

MW2: Like MW1. Not smarter. Just like MW1.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    DS2 outsold DS1 by a fair margin

did well enough that EA wants to continue the series

DS3 is gonna happen no doubt

So glad to hear that. Though I'm not very objective I have an Ishimura hoodie and bought DS2 collectors edition.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I feel like the PSV is getting less attention than it deserves, it was definitely the highlight of E3 for me.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    tiny chat got really awkward last time

Wait are you thinking of the time when everyone got shirtless? Because that was great

I'm talking about last time, when zombie was, like, (to mori) "I think you're really annoying" and mori replied "well, I don't like you either" and then everyone left.

of COURSE when i don't show up it gets weird

im like the sticky, bro-ish glue that keeps our [chat] family together

*brofist*
    *broglue causes fists to stick together*

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Seriously I wonder how I would look with red lipstick.

Probably like a dumbass or a clown or both.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I look forward to the sequel to Skyrim. Black Marsh.

500 hours of bog-slogging gameplay action.

Like I said, I can't wait for Skryim: Vegas published by Obisidian, more bugs, better gameplay.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Did you play the first at all?

Dead Rising 2 is fun. Its also really frustrating, some of the boss fights are really obnoxious and unfair (in a "do stupid shit to win" way, not in a "old school hard" way).

That said

its a game where you can attack dynamite to a lawn dart, throw the lawn dart into the head of a zombie 30 yards out, then get a shitload of points because you killed a big group of zombies in an amazing way

It has an electric wheelchair you can cart zombies around in

I guess how much frustration are you willing to endure for a game that lets you kill zombies in the best possible ways?

I played a bit of the first one. Hmm.

Enh, I'll wait. It will be on sale again at some point and I have so effing many unfinished games.

DR2 is fun, but IMO the game shines in the same way that, say, GTA games shine:

Get a few friends over and ignore the plot and do crazy stupid shit and laugh.

More of a console game in that regard, IMO.

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My brain is broken too, Drez!

We can be broken brain buddies

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    I just heard a large-caliber gun shot from somewhere in the forest near my house.

I am going to assume someone is rabbit hunting with a cannon.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Well considering that I adored AC2 (and AC1 for that matter) I really should get on Assbros. I should probably snatch up the DLC for AC2 first.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Speaking of games I own, I really need to actually play alpha protocol. It sounds like it gets better after the initial section, which is where i stalled out.

It absolutely does. I've said this a bunch of times so forgive me in advance if you've heard it already, but I feel like Obsidian are still making games from the 1990s PC gaming perspective, where you had to earn your fun. "Here's our game! You're going to die in two hits to everything and you'll shoot like a blind spastic but if you persevere and don't put your fist through the monitor you'll be awesome. Eventually."

Right around the time Saudi finishes is when you start having enough points to be actually competent at the things you want to do, and by the end you'll be a golden god. I honestly think if the game had shipped with Veteran mode enabled (where you start with a bunch more skill points) from the beginning those 50s and 60s it got would have been solid 75s or 85s.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is this parody? I honestly can't tell.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    daaaamn, this guy is pure class.
    ChaosRed wrote: »

*snip of unrelated stuff *

Another problem with WOTC's style, is they've bought into the PC argument about sexism. Uh, its fantasy, sexual archetypes are one of the bastions on which fantasy is built. Still, the 3rd edition female Elf, looked like a gender-neutral librarian with a 24-inch chest. I love Gloria Steinheim, I'll gladly attend her lecture and agree with her, but I can respect feminist causes and still leer at cleavage in my stupid fantasy book/game.

WOW and EQ gave us cleavage...in the "Succubus, Monster Manual" vein...and were richly rewarded for their homage to the human mammary gland. :)

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    what is this tiny chat thing

seriously though, what are you talking about?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Well considering that I adored AC2 (and AC1 for that matter) I really should get on Assbros. I should probably snatch up the DLC for AC2 first.

Meh

DLC for AC2 is apparently not very exciting

I guess if you really need THE COMPLETE EXPERIENCE

but if all you want is more Ezio, I don't see any reason to settle for mediocre DLC when you could just buy Ass:Bro

which is AC2 but better

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I feel like the PSV is getting less attention than it deserves, it was definitely the highlight of E3 for me.

Same. First portable device to get me excited since the GBA. Plus, more powerful than the 3DS at the same price? Hello.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Speaking of games I own, I really need to actually play alpha protocol. It sounds like it gets better after the initial section, which is where i stalled out.

Speaking as someone who just completed the game, yes, yes you do. By "initial section", do you mean the first mission hub, or the place you wake up?

Game gets loads better once you're allowed to branch out a little.

also: everything our lord and master Jacobkosh said.

Tamin on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011

Tiny chat is a web-based chatroom client with video capabilities.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Chatroom with optional webcams

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Seriously I wonder how I would look with red lipstick.

Probably like a dumbass or a clown or both.

You'd look fine, Cass. You're a brunette; you could pull off a bold color.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    edit: holy crap, [chat] moved faster than I expected, post no longer relevant

Was the original post something like "My new pennyfarthing sure is quarking, by George!"?

Gim on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mostly I am cranky about complaints of undereating because I gained weight and put myself on a strict diet. I keep a Nalgene on my desk, full of water. If I start to get hungry, I just slam a liter of water until I feel too sick to eat. It's like a poor man's lap band.

I have put away, like, 6 liters so far today.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Another problem with WOTC's style, is they've bought into the PC argument about sexism. Uh, its fantasy, sexual archetypes are one of the bastions on which fantasy is built. Still, the 3rd edition female Elf, looked like a gender-neutral librarian with a 24-inch chest. I love Gloria Steinheim, I'll gladly attend her lecture and agree with her, but I can respect feminist causes and still leer at cleavage in my stupid fantasy book/game.

WOW and EQ gave us cleavage...in the "Succubus, Monster Manual" vein...and were richly rewarded for their homage to the human mammary gland. :)

look at the G and T thread on the new vanillaware title, it's even worse

anyways

fluffy i did a thing

Rent on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    What was I supposed to say? That shit came out of nowhere, or at least it seemed like it to me.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Judging from the title, it's a compliment

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    don't get defensive, mori

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Judging from the title, it's a compliment

:^:

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Gah, I crave food that I cannot have. Mainly, most food. Practically all food. Either I will get used to this soon or it will grow near-unbearable. How nice it would be were it to be the former.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Mostly I am cranky about complaints of undereating because I gained weight and put myself on a strict diet. I keep a Nalgene on my desk, full of water. If I start to get hungry, I just slam a liter of water until I feel too sick to eat. It's like a poor man's lap band.

I have put away, like, 6 liters so far today.

You should drink something like Brawndo. It's got the electrolytes your body craves.

Seriously, though, don't kill yourself by draining all of your ions.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

Like I said, I can't wait for Skryim: Vegas published by Obisidian, more bugs, better gameplay.

I would be fine with a situation where Bethesda made engines and Obsidian made their games

Although I have to admit

Even New Vegas disappointed me in some pretty big ways

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So hooooooly crap never discuss art on the internet with people.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm not getting defensive, nerd.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    fluffy i did a thing

You're back in?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

look at the G and T thread on the new vanillaware title, it's even worse

anyways

fluffy i did a thing

Oh yeah, let me find that great quote from the valilliaware thread:
    There is some sort of ninja femminism cult on this board. Any topic like that is bound to end badly. You cannot have even a slightly moderate stance without being picked apart by a vulture.

Not just femminists but ninjas.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I like the name skyrim because I can tell the game is way way too big for me to ever want to play

but for real though that's a cool name

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2011

... right

I'd only seen his walls of text in the TOR thread (where he constantly complains about a game that has yet to be released).

This kind of puts stuff in a new light.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So hooooooly crap never discuss art on the internet with people.

:?:

Gim on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

I would be fine with a situation where Bethesda made engines and Obsidian made their games

Although I have to admit

Even New Vegas disappointed me in some pretty big ways

You dissapoint me!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.