As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Question about gifting a kindle

LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascismRegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I bought a kindle as a birthday present for my father. From what I read in the mail that came with it, the kindle is for now bound to my amazon account but can be switched to my father’s account, which I will do once I give it to him.
If I decide to buy some books for my father and put them on the kindle or get some of the free classics before I give him the device and activate it to his account, will those still be bound to my account or will they transfer over as well? Or will they just stop working on the kindle as soon as I switch the accounts?

Librarian on

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You can buy kindle books as gifts, just send them to his email address and he can redeem them once he switches it over.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply, just means I will have to wait till he actually has the kindle, or else I will spoil the surprise.

Librarian on
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ah, true. Thankfully, the process is basically instant, so as soon as he has it, just complete the order with the books in your cart and he'll get the redemption email right away.

I just bought a few kindle books for my dad for Father's Day this way and it was a snap.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?