As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dog [CHAT]

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Haha, Harrison Ford telling the folks that everything is normal in the cellblock after the shoot-out makes him sound so camp!

hahahaha: "How are you?"

Daxon on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    Haha, Harrison Ford telling the folks that everything is normal in the cellblock after the shoot-out makes him sound so camp!

hahahaha: "How are you?"

Can't wait to be a smuggler.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Elki wrote: »
    I watched the original trilogy for the first time when the DVDs came out. What was that, 2004?

yeah definitely 04, I think november

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2011
    49_jpg_627x1000_q85.jpg

This is happening in town. But even if I knew where, it would obviously be useless information. Still, it's something.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You know, I'm starting to feel the systematic murder of all force users ever might just be an excellent idea.

Cause they're either really irritating and self-righteous twats who think they should be in charge by virtue of being "wiser" or evil and power-hungry monsters.

Daxon on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If I want to read all the Dresden Files books, that's $120 bucks on Kindle. Fuck.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Okay.

Luke just said he couldn't see a thing in his stormtrooper helmet.

I know this is being pretty spergy about it.

BUUUUUT, if he can't see very well in it wouldn't the rest of the army not be able to see very well in it ergo it being an awful idea because the entire army is partially blind?

a spergy complaint

he's also a little small for the costume, they say, so maybe it's obviously not the optimal fit

Variable on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mexican was the right call Preacher. Eating some Chipotle. So gooood.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You know, I'm starting to feel the systematic murder of all humans ever might just be an excellent idea.

Cause they're either really irritating and self-righteous twats who think they should be in charge by virtue of being "wiser" or evil and power-hungry monsters.

Foxed.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    eh, one things eve is good at is making numbers and organization count more than total time played and wealth

I dunno really, I mean the trailer makes it look exciting, but isn't most of the content in Eve player driven? So if you are taking over a base when no one is online it would be just turrets and blowing shit up?

Also is eve really big enough to have a battle of that scale all the time/at all?

Odds are you will not be able to attack any planet whenever you feel like it, otherwise everything would change hands every time anyone went to sleep.

Isn't that how Goonswarm rolled?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the only real thing 3 and 4 did wrong is not live up to the series' potential, and breaking whatever overall story arc there could have beenoutside of that they are ok movies, although 4 gets fucking weird at the end

AVP was wrestling with a special effects budget whose plotline happened to take place in the Fox alien universe. I didn't see the second one because why would I?

So you mean they completely failed as sequels? I mean I don't see how you can admit that and then act like it doesn't make them awful.

For me all it really did was make me treat them more like stand alone movies. Which to be honest, I was already kind of trained to do by the second movie, since it takes Ripley out of her life and she has to adapt to a new environment. They just did it more drastically with the last two.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You know, I'm starting to feel the systematic murder of all force users ever might just be an excellent idea.

This is kind of what I liked about the Dragon Age universe with their magic users. Humanity is freaked and they're super ready to just off the whole lot of them, good or bad, the second it looks like they're about to go off reservation.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ugh, went out to see old family friends. Forgot how religious my family and their friends are. Very sick of listening to people discuss a religion I want to have nothing to do with.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

This is kind of what I liked about the Dragon Age universe with their magic users. Whether they're good or bad, humanity is freaked and they're super ready to just off the whole lot of them, good or bad, the second it looks like they're about to go off reservation.

Not to mention that by default there is always some Sith artifact or Sith crypt that's lain undiscovered for millenia that corrupts someone and restarts the cult of the sith again in the star wars universe.

You'd think they'd try to systematically seek out and destroy all that crap. Then educate their Jedi about the Sith and what they've done. If someone seems to think they can check out Sith stuff and not get corrupted you take them behind the shed and kill them before they become too powerful to stop.

Daxon on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So now you get to listen to us discuss the Force and the Jedi!

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    Ugh, went out to see old family friends. Forgot how religious my family and their friends are. Very sick of listening to people discuss a religion I want to have nothing to do with.

I wouldn't mind it so much if having a dissenting opinion wasn't so goddamn controversial. Like, even if you are rational and diplomatic about it, being an atheist out loud at all is totally offensive to my religious family members.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

This is kind of what I liked about the Dragon Age universe with their magic users. Whether they're good or bad, humanity is freaked and they're super ready to just off the whole lot of them, good or bad, the second it looks like they're about to go off reservation.

Not to mention that by default there is always some Sith artifact or Sith crypt that's lain undiscovered for millenia that corrupts someone and restarts the cult of the sith again in the star wars universe.

You'd think they'd try to systematically seek out and destroy all that crap. Then educate their Jedi about the Sith and what they've done. If someone seems to think they can check out Sith stuff and not get corrupted you take them behind the shed and kill them before they become too powerful to stop.

But how do you send Jedi out to destroy that stuff without risking them being corrupted by it?

In fact, I'd guess that is a common thing in the EU.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Well, no, the reason I like it is because of the conflicted environment it creates, not because I think the humans are totally right and they should kill anyone practicing magic without a "good mage" business card

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011

But how do you send Jedi out to destroy that stuff without risking them being corrupted by it?

Star Wars inquisition. Ordo Sithicus.

South host on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

You.. you get the normal people to go do it.

Have a force user go to various planets to use sense force or whatnot and find possible locations of the artifacts and crypts, then the normals go down. Find it, destroy it, never let the force guy anywhere close to the crap.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

"Hey how's the sith artifact search and dispose mission going?"

"Pretty good, we're in the ruins checking this place out.. uuhh oh goddamnit."

"What's up?"

"I think.. yeah, shit I'm evil now."

"I told you so."

"SHUT IT GARY I'M DARTH MURDERDOUCHE NOW"

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Seriously, why do you think the emperor likes his space marines kind of stupid?

You don't want dudes going in the middle of mind corrupting juju and getting any brilliant ideas.

desc on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    iced coffeeeeeeee

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    For some reason the idea of a communications operator guy in the star wars universe named "Gary" is hilarious to me.

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    desc wrote: »
    For some reason the idea of a communications operator guy in the star wars universe named "Gary" is hilarious to me.

s'what I was goin for

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The bizarre logic of destroying the controls that shuts the door on your side of the door somehow affects the controls on the other side of the door is strange.

I mean.

yeah

Daxon on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cinders wrote: »

I wouldn't mind it so much if having a dissenting opinion wasn't so goddamn controversial. Like, even if you are rational and diplomatic about it, being an atheist out loud at all is totally offensive to my religious family members.

Yeah, I don't discuss my atheism here. I don't want to deal with it.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Fuck I want to run a star wars one-off using Spirit of the Century.

Kick out all the attempts to get all beardy or sci-fi, kick out all the metaphysics or philosophical questions, and go straight pulp flash Gordon serial.

Dudes wanna get somewhere? Better find a rope because you're swinging there like Errol Flynn.

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    SACHA-BARON-COHEN-THE-DICTATOR_jpg_627x1000_q85.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »
    iced coffeeeeeeee

party time

Variable on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Can someone explain to me the Obi Wan houdini act scene?

Cause I never understood if he was dead or not when all he did was vanish.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm out, to get shaved.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

"Hey how's the sith artifact search and dispose mission going?"

"Pretty good, we're in the ruins checking this place out.. uuhh oh goddamnit."

"What's up?"

"I think.. yeah, shit I'm evil now."

"I told you so."

"SHUT IT GARY I'M DARTH MURDERDOUCHE NOW"

I think it'd go more like this:

215233588_hAuxz-L-2.jpg

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Can someone explain to me the Obi Wan houdini act scene?

Cause I never understood if he was dead or not when all he did was vanish.

He died. Became one with the Force or somesuch.

South host on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Elki wrote: »
    I'm out, to get shaved.

good luck!

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    yes there do appear to be quite a few large non-verbal cues indicating who is evil in the star wars universe

Daxon on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    just sat on the porch holding and playing with alex

literally every single young woman who walked by gave me an enamored smile

like 5 girls!

Organichu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    eh, one things eve is good at is making numbers and organization count more than total time played and wealth

I dunno really, I mean the trailer makes it look exciting, but isn't most of the content in Eve player driven? So if you are taking over a base when no one is online it would be just turrets and blowing shit up?

Also is eve really big enough to have a battle of that scale all the time/at all?

Odds are you will not be able to attack any planet whenever you feel like it, otherwise everything would change hands every time anyone went to sleep.

Isn't that how Goonswarm rolled?

Goonswarm grew really fast by EVE standards, but it's also a game where some ships can take like, a month of real time to build.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    just sat on the porch holding and playing with alex

literally every single young woman who walked by gave me an enamored smile

like 5 girls!

So he's the best wing man ever is what you're saying.

desc on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am in a shitty mood.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
This discussion has been closed.