As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chicken and asparagus [chat]

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Also one really stupid decision Noire made that really killed any desire I had to replay it. You can't skip any cutscenes or dialogue at all. I have no idea why especially since you'll probably fuck cases up and have to redo them, and so you are locked in to their wonderful dialogue everytime. SO OBNOXIOUS!

you can on the ps3

oh how, I couldn't figure it out

I forget how, but I did it often enough

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    rock on, bob

tyrannus on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    guys guys

hi

MikeMan on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    HAI MAIKE

Quid on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    [chat] what is up. I can't find my copy of LA Noire.

Looks like I will have to use my detective work to find it.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Man of Mike!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011

walk around until your controller vibrates

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    whassaps

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    whassaps

takin mah CPA exam soon!!

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

walk around until your controller vibrates

I turned that off!

I turned that off!

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Haven't been especially thrilled with the latest season of Who so far.

But the intro to A Good Man Goes to War has made up for it entirely.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    wait, tyrannus, are you not a CPA yet? you have clients and stuff!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    what is up, non train people >B)

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I sat down to tune my best commander deck for an event tomorrow night and discovered not only had I already made the tune-ups I was thinking about, I must have been angry when I did so because the deck is aggressive as fuck.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    wait, tyrannus, are you not a CPA yet? you have clients and stuff!
    had to graduate to be able to sit for the exam

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Quid wrote: »

I really liked the Gaiman episode but yeah, this season has underwhelmed me! I am not fully whelmed.

it's like, the Moffat episodes have been fun but they've all had the same rush-rush-rush tone and the character moments I enjoy feel like they've gotten lost in the shuffle. And the pirate episode and the clones two-parter just did nothing for me at all.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    I sat down to tune my best commander deck for an event tomorrow night and discovered not only had I already made the tune-ups I was thinking about, I must have been angry when I did so because the deck is aggressive as fuck.

ahahaha

I am picturing you at your desk, glaring at a coworker, willing him to go to the graveyard

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tarranon wrote: »
    what is up, non train people >B)

hello!

BobCesca on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

All the Jackal Pups? All the Jackal Pups.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »
    whassaps

good luck!!!!!!!!!

MikeMan on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zampanov wrote: »
    a lot of people are like "Saint's Row is back to what GTA should be"

I don't know that I agree with that. GTAIV had problems but it also had some stuff that I really loved, and I hear that the two expansions kind of minimized some of the sucky stuff and doubled down on the good stuff.

I guess I'm cool with two competing series of sandbox crime games that have different levels of what we jokingly call realism.

GTA4 took a turn into semi-serious territory which was not traditionally what GTA was really about

I think Rockstar's more serious games are very fun and i like them very much, but to test it out with an already established game series was a bit of an oversight as to what exactly kept people playing it.

I liked that they attempted to be less silly, (even though they still have a pretty hard time not being silly).

Yeah, it's like: San Andreas was a fantastic game, I loved it very much. But there was a point past which I was starting to cringe at the wild shift in tone between the main story, which wants you to be - if not invested in your dude's plot, at least entertained by it - and then starting a mission and have someone tell you "Hey take me to the Vagina Burger on top of Titty Hill"

Maybe it's me, maybe I'm getting old and calcified, but more and more that stuff was making me go "...really? Really?"

What bugged me about San Andreas was the way the story progressed and the consequent interaction with Sweet. Basically you start off as a gangbanger, and then when released from Los Santos you have an adventure that teaches you there's more to life than the hood...and then Sweet comes in, drags you back to focusing on the Hood and berates you for leaving. Now, there is a grain of truth in that it's usually important to never forget where you came from, but why didn't CJ tell him about how the reason he couldn't go back and fix the hood was basically because Sweet was being held as leverage, first by Tenpenney then Toreno, and now he has these connections and money to really make a difference?

I think that's what bugs me about Sweet in the final quarter of the game: Nobody calls him out on being unreasonable.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Jacob.

Thpoilerth.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So the Republicans sat down and had a thoughtgul discussion of policy?
    :P

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

this is neat as hell but I bet I'd be so much better if I were like 15 again

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Quid wrote: »

I really liked the Gaiman episode but yeah, this season has underwhelmed me! I am not fully whelmed.

it's like, the Moffat episodes have been fun but they've all had the same rush-rush-rush tone and the character moments I enjoy feel like they've gotten lost in the shuffle. And the pirate episode and the clones two-parter just did nothing for me at all.

Oh shit Gaiman wrote the one about the Tardis? That makes a lot of sense actually.

Also I agree on the other two. Pirate episode was boring and clones episode was a bit better but still predictable in everything but who exactly was going to die.

Quid on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

ahahaha

I am picturing you at your desk, glaring at a coworker, willing him to go to the graveyard

Image.ashx?multiverseid=6104&type=card

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    whassaps

good luck!!!!!!!!!

if I pass Reg with a 90 or so the first time I'll send you some liquor

Reg is the section that focuses on tax

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

In commander?

More like

Image.ashx?multiverseid=220468&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=198304&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=220528&type=card

trolololol

Feral on

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ...and now goodbye, for I am off to work.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    What bugged me about San Andreas was the way the story progressed and the consequent interaction with Sweet. Basically you start off as a gangbanger, and then when released from Los Santos you have an adventure that teaches you there's more to life than the hood...and then Sweet comes in, drags you back to focusing on the Hood and berates you for leaving. Now, there is a grain of truth in that it's usually important to never forget where you came from, but why didn't CJ tell him about how the reason he couldn't go back and fix the hood was basically because Sweet was being held as leverage, first by Tenpenney then Toreno, and now he has these connections and money to really make a difference?

I think that's what bugs me about Sweet in the final quarter of the game: Nobody calls him out on being unreasonable.

You're completely right. Sweet is a dickbag and every time he made a speech about "keeping it real" I kind of wished I could shoot him.

I think Rockstar couldn't quite figure out what they wanted to do with the story or why your guy, who has become a jet-packing playboy millionaire over the course of the game, should suddenly start caring again about taking over shitty ghetto turf and brawling with kids in different color bandannas, so they threw Sweet in to basically berate you into doing it.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    hyadain is p awesome

cinders is still not around :x

make sure he knows I am looking for him

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    hyadain is p awesome

cinders is still not around :x

make sure he knows I am looking for him

ok

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ahahaha what the fuck, Feral

is that an infinite damage loop

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Bear Umbra sounds like an indie band.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

not quite

You could still theoretically block it

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Only one way to play aggressively. Goblins. And then more goblins. Then pile goblins on top of those goblins, set them on fire, and launch them with a catapult made of goblins.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If that doesn't work try some more goblins.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Pretty much.

Actually I cut that combo out of this deck because it's not reliable enough. :P It takes too many support cards to pull out.

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2011

No

The stack is empty plenty of times in there

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.