As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Make my Roommate Stop all the Downloadin'

SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGamingRegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've got a fairly hefty fiber connection here at my house and I manage the router (Which has DD-WRT) on it. We can get downloads of easily 3 meg a second if directly connected, I usually do 1.2 over wireless, have seen slightly higher. Now this is great, except when I'm trying to surf the web or play games, as my roommate doesn't limit his torrents at all. I don't care that he's torrenting, but I would like to somehow limit it so that when we're both on the network we get equal share. Is there any setting I can use to more evenly split the bandwidth so I can still play games and he can still get fairly fast downloads? Other than asking him to set a universal limit or something, but that sucks because if I'm not home then there's no reason he shouldn't get to use the entire connection.

Any ideas?

Twitch Streaming basically all week
SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
SniperGuy on

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Like this? Ask what port your roommate set his torrent to, downgrade it to 'bulk'.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You are a wonderful person. Solved! Many thanks.

SniperGuy on
    Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live