As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Henry [chat]ler

• SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    I hated musicals. I was dragged to see Rent by a pretty girl.

Wasn't so bad. I was poor as shit at the time, so I could relate on a small relatively insignificant manner.

Sheep on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Holy shit, Winky makes me seem like a well-adjusted young man!

THIS SHALL NOT STAND

Silas Brown on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sheep wrote: »

Wasn't so bad. I was poor as shit at the time, so I could relate on a small relatively insignificant manner.

Rent seems like a nice guy though

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

!!!!

<.<

WHO WAS SHE

Rent on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    a lot
    A LITTLE!

PISTOLS AT DAWN!

MikeMan on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

A better pretty girl would have dragged you to see some musical like Evil Dead.

Couscous on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yay Book of Mormon. My dad is seeing this September on Broadway. I am so jealous.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Meh. Rent.

There are better musicals IMO.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited June 2011
    Feral wrote: »

Meh. Rent.

There are better musicals IMO.

I have seen it twice and really enjoyed it both times. Its in my top 3 with Ragtime and probably Chicago. I saw Chicago on Broadway. So good. Jekyll and Hyde was really good as well.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Its hard being a [chat] lurker. I just caught up with the last chat, and now we're on another one.

The key to [chat] is not to try and catch up but to instead just jump to the last page and jump in.

Do not listen to the heathen. Lurk, my brethren, and reply to posts an hour later. That is the way of the [chat] lurker.

Niceguy Myeye on
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just scrubbed my bathroom floor. Now I don't want anyone to use the bathroom anymore.

stevemarks44 on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "I am morally outraged and thus superior to you monsters who merely found it distasteful, shrugged and moved on" is a viewpoint that is beginning to grate.

HappylilElf on
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    my mother left me with a stack of shortcakes and freshly whipped cream

this can't end well

Eat! Live! Be Merry! You only go 'round once so make the most of it.

With that being said, I think I'll go taunt a TSA goon.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
    edited June 2011
    Turkson wrote: »

this can't end well

yeah i taunt people for trying to make a living too

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Don't taunt the TSA, they will just cavity search you.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited June 2011
    "I am morally outraged and thus superior to you monsters who merely found it distasteful, shrugged and moved on" is a viewpoint that is beginning to grate.

Can't find an audio clip but there was an episode of Loveline (yes, Loveline) where Dr Drew freaks out because a planned parenthood-esque group starts writing nasty to letters to him after he offers advice to a young girl. I won't post about what because that's a debate I don't want to start.

Point being, he rants about how the most damaging thing to a cause is for two people who should be on the same side taking pot shots or going after each other.

I just remember him yelling "LISTEN YOU IDIOTS, IM ON YOUR SIDE. WE ARENT THE BAD GUYS" a lot.

It is incredibly frustrating when people are being combative whilst they agree with you by and large.

stevemarks44 on
    edited June 2011
    Gooey wrote: »

this can't end well

They could do something more honorable like prostitution.

Couscous on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Yeah. Just ignore that.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited June 2011
    Damn it I am just listening through the Book of Mormon now. I blame all of you.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    man i'd take a TSA job if i could get one

Organichu on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I too enjoy taunting poor folk trying to make a living doing a shit job.

Cinders on
    edited June 2011
    Couscous wrote: »

this can't end well

obviously every tsa employee is a fervent supporter of the organization's policies and makes direct, significant policy decisions

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Damn it I am just listening through the Book of Mormon now. I blame all of you.

Oh well. Hasa diga Eebowai.

Couscous on
    edited June 2011
    I find people that harass or give the TSA a hard time WAY more annoying and difficult than the actual TSA.

The TSA are not asking you to do outlandish things, and they are not asking you to do things that are surprises.

If they ask you to hold on, just hold on. If they ask you if they can check the inseam in your pants, let them check the inseam in your pants. Put all your shit in the baskets and have your ID ready and your ticket ready and put them away when they say to put them away.

The only people who ever have nightmare TSA stories are people who start shit with the TSA. And all you are doing is holding up the goddamn line.

No one is asking anyone to fly. Take a bus! Or a train! Or a car!
    Not directed at anyone in this [chat], just a rant

stevemarks44 on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Can't find an audio clip but there was an episode of Loveline (yes, Loveline) where Dr Drew freaks out because a planned parenthood-esque group starts writing nasty to letters to him after he offers advice to a young girl. I won't post about what because that's a debate I don't want to start.

Point being, he rants about how the most damaging thing to a cause is for two people who should be on the same side taking pot shots or going after each other.

I just remember him yelling "LISTEN YOU IDIOTS, IM ON YOUR SIDE. WE ARENT THE BAD GUYS" a lot.

It is incredibly frustrating when people are being combative whilst they agree with you by and large.

look

you can't do that

you just can't

now we're going to have that debate because someone is going to find out what the advice was

because you drew attention to it

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Especially when it's a shit job with a massive attrition rate, abusive management, and a government mandate preventing unionizing to improve said shit conditions.

Makes me just love fucking over the dudes in the trenches.

Cinders on
    edited June 2011

this can't end well

obviously every tsa employee is a fervent supporter of the organization's policies and makes direct, significant policy decisions
    Every one furthers those policies through manhandling people and carrying out those policies. Are we going to have to have the fucking employee/employer moral responsibility argument every time something similar comes up?

Couscous on
    edited June 2011
    The only people who ever have nightmare TSA stories are people who start shit with the TSA.
    Except for all those who don't start shit with the TSA who do have horror stories?

Couscous on
    edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

look

you can't do that

you just can't

now we're going to have that debate because someone is going to find out what the advice was

because you dr. drew attention to it

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Yeah. Just ignore that.

Are you kidding? You can't just fucking ignore that. It's a really damaging attitude for social progressives and we have to call it out when we see it.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

look

you can't do that

you just can't

because you drew attention to it

It was one episode of Loveline that I randomly listened to two years ago. I downloaded an archive of pretty much every episode from 200x to 200x. The amount of rants and tangents that show goes on, if someone found that shit, I'd be fucking impressed.

stevemarks44 on
    edited June 2011
    One of the lowest paid high stress jobs in the country leads to angry folk.

Wow.

Didn't see that coming.

Cinders on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    so it turns out that I've gone from 145 pounds at the end of senior year to 125 now

and since I have roughly the same amount of fat, maybe a bit less, I must have lost a fair amount of muscle

this is quite displeasing, especially since now I need to gain about 30 pounds to be allowed to donate a double unit of blood

Captain Carrot on
    edited June 2011
    Dr. Drew gives a lot of bad advice.

He gives a lot of good advice too but he spreads a lot of really unhelpful myths.

Feral on

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I find people that harass or give the TSA a hard time WAY more annoying and difficult than the actual TSA.

The TSA are not asking you to do outlandish things, and they are not asking you to do things that are surprises.

If they ask you to hold on, just hold on. If they ask you if they can check the inseam in your pants, let them check the inseam in your pants. Put all your shit in the baskets and have your ID ready and your ticket ready and put them away when they say to put them away.

The only people who ever have nightmare TSA stories are people who start shit with the TSA. And all you are doing is holding up the goddamn line.

No one is asking anyone to fly. Take a bus! Or a train! Or a car!
    Not directed at anyone in this [chat], just a rant
    It's one thing to say that policy isn't the fault of the low-level TSA employees.

It's another thing entirely to say "you don't get to complain about the completely ridiculous security measures the TSA takes when you could just walk to the opposite coast instead!"

Thanatos on
    edited June 2011

this can't end well

Every one furthers those policies through manhandling people and carrying out those policies. Are we going to have to have the fucking employee/employer moral responsibility argument every time something similar comes up?

obviously every military employee is a fervent supporter of the war(s), including those on this very message board

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011

Couscous, sit down, take a deep breath, and seriously reevaluate your tone of voice. This is your one and only warning.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I am morally outraged at people that do that and so I am superior to you for who this viewpoint only merely "grates."

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
This discussion has been closed.