As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Henry [chat]ler

• RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    so me an my ex are gonna get high and drunk together this summer

this is liek a thing

havent seen her in liek four years wtf

Rent on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    i want a tsa job

Organichu on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    for what it's worth, I hate the TSA. Every time I go through a body scanner I opt for the pat down. which is four times so far!

But I find the notion of hating it's grunt-level hourly-pay employees because the organization they work for is shitty and backwards to be ridiculous

I'm torn. It's like Gamestop. Sure, it's Gamestop corporate that hands down the policies that turns the grunt-level hourly wage employees into festering cuntnuggets. On the other hand, I, as a consumer, have to deal with the grunt-level hourly wage festering cuntnuggets. So isn't it therefore my right to piss on their face when they piss me off? They are the face of Gamestop, the only face within range of my piss-arc, so aren't they the correct recipients of my ire?

NO GOD DAMN IT I DON'T WANT TO PREORDER MODERN WARFARE 3 BUT I DO WANT TO SHIT ON YOUR FACE HOW ABOUT THAT?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I was trying to catch up in [chat] but I had to step forward to this page to ask stevemark to please stop apologizing.

I'm not even sure what you said, but unless it involved eating babies I think it's safe to say you are sufficiently remorseful.

Regina Fong on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    “Unionizing the 43,000 security screeners at TSA could give labor unions a $17 million annual windfall in the form of new union dues,” he said. “This is a hearty payback to the unions for helping Democrats win the past election. These dues can then be kicked back to lawmakers in the form of political contributions without the consent of rank-and-file union members.”

Fuck labor.

Yup, hate that money going to my opponents. DeMint is such a prick.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Again, I apologize if my opinion was offensive to anybody and of course I don't share the view that TSA procedures are even remotely at a level that reflects nazism or denying someone civil rights based on the color of their skin. Those kinds of acts are something I'm obviously very much against, and what I've witnessed does not place TSA security on that level, but I should be more mindful that my experience is not that of everyone.

I appreciate the articles, Feral, and will think before I rant next time.

I'm also being sincere and not internet snarky.

Oh, I know.

It just feels like every several months I see another news story about the TSA being a dick to somebody because they're kind of unusual in some way. I don't really have problems with the TSA, personally. I've had a couple of less-than-stellar interactions with them but they ended up being something to laugh about. But if were Islamic, transgendered, had a prosthetic or some other weird medical condition, I'm not sure that I would be so lucky.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    “Unionizing the 43,000 security screeners at TSA could give labor unions a $17 million annual windfall in the form of new union dues,” he said. “This is a hearty payback to the unions for helping Democrats win the past election. These dues can then be kicked back to lawmakers in the form of political contributions without the consent of rank-and-file union members.”

Fuck labor.

Yup, hate that money going to my opponents. DeMint is such a prick.

Yes.

He really is.

Cinders on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I heard this was the TSA Love In thread

desc on
  • Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rent wrote: »

this is liek a thing

Danger!

Niceguy Myeye on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    for what it's worth, I hate the TSA. Every time I go through a body scanner I opt for the pat down. which is four times so far!

But I find the notion of hating it's grunt-level hourly-pay employees because the organization they work for is shitty and backwards to be ridiculous

I'm torn. It's like Gamestop. Sure, it's Gamestop corporate that hands down the policies that turns the grunt-level hourly wage employees into festering cuntnuggets. On the other hand, I, as a consumer, have to deal with the grunt-level hourly wage festering cuntnuggets. So isn't it therefore my right to piss on their face when they piss me off? They are the face of Gamestop, the only face within range of my piss-arc, so aren't they the correct recipients of my ire?

NO GOD DAMN IT I DON'T WANT TO PREORDER MODERN WARFARE 3 BUT I DO WANT TO SHIT ON YOUR FACE HOW ABOUT THAT?

After working retail jobs like gamestop for almost 7 years of my life I am just polite to them. Because if you talk to them, they hate saying that shit to. If they don't they get in trouble. Which is retarded. That and really giving shit to people who are making minimum wage with no benefits isn't worth my ire.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    Chat, is it ok if I run on a treadmill tonight since I'm feeling lazy and don't want to run outside?

Niceguy Myeye on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    2am and I cannot sleep

hmmm

maybe I'll read up on some Intro To Ruby books or something

Tav on
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »

After working retail jobs like gamestop for almost 7 years of my life I am just polite to them. Because if you talk to them, they hate saying that shit to. If they don't they get in trouble. Which is retarded. That and really giving shit to people who are making minimum wage with no benefits isn't worth my ire.

I actually worked at Electronics Boutique (pre-GS merger) for like 4 years. Fuck them all to death.

Drez on
    edited June 2011
    Chat, is it ok if I run on a treadmill tonight since I'm feeling lazy and don't want to run outside?

Yeah, it's fine. Go in peace, my son.

desc on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shirley, don't sue a stripper. Life already sued her, and she lost.

Tav on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    desc wrote: »

I would go with an elliptical for less impact but whatever works for you.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Only if you push it and sweat a lot.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
    edited June 2011
    In all seriousness, I don't harass EB/GameStop workers at all. But I also don't buy this idea that people just have to accept however you are treated by said grunt level workers, whether their behavior is explicitly prescribed by company policy or not.

Drez on
    edited June 2011
    B:L wrote: »

Elliptical machines feel weird, because they way they move doesn't really account for running with a forefoot strike. You can't push off with your toes too well with them.

Niceguy Myeye on
    edited June 2011
    Later, [chat] I shall run on the mill while pushing it.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    In all seriousness, I don't harass EB/GameStop workers at all. But I also don't buy this idea that people just have to accept however you are treated by said grunt level workers, whether their behavior is explicitly prescribed by company policy or not.

Interestingly enough, there's a middle ground between being a dick all the time and being a pushover!

Funny how those middle grounds work!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Some of them are actually quite nice people

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited June 2011
    Feral wrote: »

Interestingly enough, there's a middle ground between being a dick all the time and being a pushover!

I nuked the fuck out of the middle ground like 8 years ago. No such thing anymore.

Drez on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    B:L wrote: »

Elliptical machines feel weird, because they way they move doesn't really account for running with a forefoot strike. You can't push off with your toes too well with them.
    That's what running on the sand at the beach is for.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited June 2011

I nuked the fuck out of the middle ground like 8 years ago. No such thing anymore.

oh, that was you?

that explains a lot about communication on the internet

desc on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    An occultist thread?

Really?

did schools let out early for the summer or something

Pony on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    oh god why do i have sunburn on my shoulders

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

Some of them are actually quite nice people

Also, it's apparent you can't trust jack about the specified radiation levels on body scanners, for all the time effort and competency that appears to be going into everything about US airports.

electricitylikesme on
    edited June 2011

oh, that was you?

that explains a lot about communication on the internet

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Drez on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Two things:

1) That's a false dichotomy. You don't have to be either an asshole or a wilting lilly, there are alternatives.
    2) Odds are they're being a dick because they're having a bad day. Ever work minimum wage retail? It sucks. Hard. Most people whose lives suck aren't going to be the patron saint of customer service even when they aren't contractually obligated to behave otherwise.

moniker on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

this is liek a thing

Danger!

so? i could use getting laid

plus we haven't talked in forever so whats the worst that could happen? she doesnt talk to me for another four years?

Rent on
    edited June 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    An occultist thread?

Really?

did schools let out early for the summer or something

They started early 17 Septembers ago...

moniker on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

this is liek a thing

Danger!

so? i could use getting laid

plus we haven't talked in forever so whats the worst that could happen? she doesnt talk to me for another four years?

I guess if you're not at any real risk of forming emotional attachments.

electricitylikesme on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    253727_10150652341930615_659850614_19014472_5472235_n.jpg

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2011
    moniker wrote: »

Two things:

1) That's a false dichotomy. You don't have to be either an asshole or a wilting lilly, there are alternatives.
    2) Odds are they're being a dick because they're having a bad day. Ever work minimum wage retail? It sucks. Hard. Most people whose lives suck aren't going to be the patron saint of customer service even when they aren't contractually obligated to behave otherwise.

1) It's not even a dichotomy for me. If I don't act like a dick to everyone, the voices start screaming again.

2) Yes, I have worked minimum wage retail. Did you see on the last page where I said I actually worked at an Electronics Boutique for 4 years? So not only have I worked minimum wage, but I've worked at the very company in question (well at least now it's the same company).

Their company policies are terrible and more or less require their employees to be pains in the ass. "Be a pain in the ass" is pretty much their main company policy. They are required to push preorders and trade-ins above all else and to do so aggressively.

So yeah I agree that you don't have to be a dick to a minimum wage worker (screaming voices notwithstanding) but I don't think these minimum wage workers really get to wash their hands of how they are treating customers, even if that is just company policy. I mean, you could just as easily get a job at McDonald's where the most you'll have to push on people are french fries and large value meal upgrades.

Drez on
    edited June 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    253727_10150652341930615_659850614_19014472_5472235_n.jpg

How far we've come.

moniker on
    edited June 2011
    What I'm trying to say here is that if we collectively act like dicks to everyone that works at every GameStop in the entire world we can make them all cry, quit, and then GameStop will go belly-under as a company. Then we can sit on its corporate carcass and laugh at it for its hubris.

So isn't it, by extension, our moral obligation to be rude bastards whenever we're in a GameStop? Even if they are being nice to us? Fuck that. Niceness is just as evil as evilness.

Drez on
This discussion has been closed.