As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]TROPES - The Elemental [P]halla - Day 8? - Page 35

• Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Silly killer robot :P

In any case, that ice elemental makes me want to vote Fire!

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If everyone was being busdriven technically that should still make for the same number of deaths. Seems more likely that certain players are immune to certain(any?) attacks until specific conditions have been met by the game.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Or there are hit points involved in the same way as the summons seem to have, I suppose.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If that was like four different busdrivers then this phalla is awesome.

Seems unlikely, though. More likely it was a combination of different defenses.

Edit: We need to get Munkus in this for murderbot posts.

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh good, Murderbot is back.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Infidel wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Nope, lying on a publicly verifiable matter is pretty silly.

Are you implying that there is no one playing who is pretty silly?

Just coming to the thread and going "I'm a mafia!" would be pretty silly.

That's pretty rare, isn't it?

I'm a mafia!

Murderbot is awesome.

Infidel because I think you should die.

Water again because I'm being loyal

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Current Spreadsheet (up to post 247)

So Fire and Earth are now valid elements to vote for? Or is that also a mistake that needs to be corrected? Having the elemental support votes be in orange could get kind of confusing... or is there a mechanical reason for having the shift?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Orange has more power, clearly Blarns.

Wildcat,

Do you and the other mafia not have hit points? :D

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No, we're all just Athans, REG.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Apparently I was only attacked once last night? Falling down on the job, fellas

Infidel got seered as a villager. He might not be in your faction, but he is a villager.

Also, I'd love to talk to some mysterious beings today. Wanna know what exactly is your game here.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ringo wrote: »

Twice, I was trying to set you on fire

With my miiiiiind

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh Wildcat

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I shall have vengeance, in this life or the next!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    OOOooooOOOOOOooooOOOOO

I'm dead? Before I could even figure out the backgrounds?
    Damn tornadoes!

OOOooooOOOOOOooooOOOOO

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    s'cool

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    oooOooOoOoooo

I didn't deserve this at all!

oooOooOoOoooo

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Reading through archived phallas, I've seen it!

I did say on an unrelated note. Not implying distrust, just wondering. My personal experience doesn't go back very far.

No, you've seen gambits. Nobody just straight out reveals. (Although there have been some confused mafia slip up and reveal accidentally in PM by asking another for help :lol:)

Yeah! I hope that memory never dies. Hear that Exty? I'm amazed it didn't win the mess-up (Or whatever it's called) award at Phallawards.

Carry on people nothing to see. I just want to rub salt in Extermatott's wounds, and my computer access is limited, so I only have so much time to do it in.

Edit: And you had a ProBoard all to yourself? You didn't trust me? I mean, I did end up stabbing you in the back and becoming the most powerful role in the Phalla, but c'mon. Trust over lust bud.

NEVER AGAIN

Extermatott on
  • Options
    MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ringo wrote: »

Infidel got seered as a villager. He might not be in your faction, but he is a villager.

Also, I'd love to talk to some mysterious beings today. Wanna know what exactly is your game here.

Wooo, village Infidel!

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm not sure if that's more or less terrifying.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    RE: Mysterious Beings

You guys do know that I know who you are right? And that I know at least some of your powers?

Come on, talk to me. I'm anxious to hear why we shouldn't be voting you out

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So... clearly we don't have any leads on lynching. Unless anyone else has any ideas? :?

As for the cyan vote, Fire and Earth aren't in the phalla (even though it was in the post). So I say Steel completely arbitrarily, and also because a steel mallet could totally crush a block of ice. Infallible logic up ins. :P

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Marth

Heart

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ringo, why so serious on these guys? And how do you know them all? And are a seer?

Dolores, remember the elemental vote is in Orange now. I once again abstain from it.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    What can I say? I like bullying people into helping the village.

It makes me feel like a big man

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As much I hate agreeing with Ringo, there was something odd I noticed yesterday. Well not odd, but something I've seen people do before. That is throw some attention on people they view as threats. I noticed Marth do this in a slightly light-hearted way yesterday. Though it's rather open to interpretation.

Kinda came across as sorta helpful, not really. When I first read it. And needlessly pointing at people. It could be newbie enthusiasm, but it seems a bit controlled. And he does have the potentially convenient wang vote. Granted I think there were circumstances that could be said that brought that about. Still..

Marth for now

Egos on
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It is kinda funny Marth mentioned the heart and spiral votes as being a little suss and then voted for wang shortly after

I'm curious as to how Ringo got so much info so quick. A seering already and a list of mysterious beings already seems kinda strange doesn't it?

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    C'mon Egos, you know what a post like that means. Harmless villager. Typically the most suspicious (subtly) person is likely un-important in the grand scheme of things.

I feel like Ringo needs to prove himself before we go on trusting him and his pointing out of Infidel. It's important to remember if he dies a good seer though...I just doubt that very highly. I will come off my 'Ringo is always evil' banter for now because he was very helpful to me the last game.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I only thought the Heart and Spiral votes were interesting because they seemed to vote for them unironically. Now it seems to be no cause for concern.

Also, I'm reminded of how difficult phallas can be if no one is talking to you...

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    C'mon Egos, you know what a post like that means. Harmless villager. Typically the most suspicious (subtly) person is likely un-important in the grand scheme of things.

I feel like Ringo needs to prove himself before we go on trusting him and his pointing out of Infidel. It's important to remember if he dies a good seer though...I just doubt that very highly. I will come off my 'Ringo is always evil' banter for now because he was very helpful to me the last game.

I thought it was usually the person who makes themselves the biggest distraction is usually the harmless villager..Except for the distraction they cause? Subtle people can go either way. Some people are busy , others are intentionally remaining off the radar (as you noticed I did in Kamen Rider :) *I'm sure I did other things, but I certainly was less talkative).

I'm not trusting Ringo, really. This is something that entered my mind yesterday as something odd and Ringo bringing Marth up. It's convenient. If it proves Ringo , more power. But that isn't the main issue for me.

Egos on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't think it'd prove anything either way, because isn't he claiming that he seered infidel?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    How can we talk about who to trust when we don't even know what the mafia is in this game? The Cataclysm sounds bad, but the summoners are vying to actually bring it about and the nationality of the eventual winner determines which nation wins. Who are the bad guys?

Baidol on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That sound pretty darn suspicious baidol

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well either he seered Infidel, or he's claiming to have seered Infidel and one or the other is mafia. What's the normal procedure here to prove a seer's claim?

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also Ringo you've voted for Heart twice now, what gives?

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm baiting you to attack my Summon

also - there's no way to prove my seerings except to kill [REDACTED] and/or Infidel.

And that still wouldn't prove I'm not affiliated with Cataclysm, as we should all be aware that Mafia Seers do occasionally exist. The various factions who have access to seers could put a seering on me, which I don't have the power to block. Then you could all be paranoid about Mafia Thrall/Seers but at that point I would just give up on the game :P

And the Marth vote is just a hunch, by the way

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    That sound pretty darn suspicious baidol

Just who the hell do you think I am?

But seriously though, we have four nations whose win condition is to kill any summoners not of their nationality. At no point is there a mention of a mafia anywhere. We have new win conditions being revealed tonight or tomorrow. We had all of 2 kills yesterday with narrations implying further attempts, but neither the kills nor the narration pointed to an obvious mafia. I don't think the mafia has powers at this point. When the blood starts flowing, we are going to need to decide whether to focus on killing the bad guys or each other.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Haha nice. Thanks for answering and not freaking out on me like what tends to happen I ask someone something :P

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I'm very much interested in hearing about this further condition business.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Also Ringo you've voted for Heart twice now, what gives?

Heart Is An Awesome Power and may end up being the social and moral compass. If your guessing a random unknown elemental power, life, death, darkness, lava, poison, moon, paper, void (my favorite), space or time, heart seems pretty safe.

I am gonna go with Ice today, he will probably need it.

Hmm, Baidol.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I made small mistake in narration. I got two kill targets messed up. The same outcome occurred but two of the factions kill targets where swapped.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!