Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[SOLVED] Games suddenly running in a window surrounded by black

Cannon GooseCannon Goose Registered User regular
I run games at 1280x720 and the computer has always upscaled the image to fit the screen. Today I start up Just Cause 2 and BAM!
Linked for huge
Metro 2033 also runs in this windowed-but-fullscreen mode.

I have an AMD Radeon 6770M and I installed the new 11.6 drivers the other day. But I have played games perfectly fine since then, it was just today that I noticed this problem.

Why is this happening?

Edit: Upon further inspection, games that once ran well no longer run well at all :(

Edit 2: Huh, upon restarting it appears that games run fine again. I am still not able to make some of them scale up to fill the screen though.

Cannon Goose on