As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime Prank 2011: Sorry Am I Interrupting Anything? (Recruiting Closed)

burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
edited October 2011 in PAX Archive
In 2008 we had Bad Horsing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC3v_Q1RAyE

In 2009 The Boo Flashmob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-vm4CpzWpM

In 2010 Salmon Security:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRwnjsQPII

In 2011 EAST Ninja Delivery Service:

http://www.epicdefault.com/2011/06/pax-east-prank-ninja-delivery-service/

In 2011 Prime: ???

The PAX Prank community tradition is back and once again we need your help! We need able individuals to help organize and be involved in this year’s prank.

Before I continue please read the Prank Mission Statement:

The PAX Prank strives to be fun for everyone involved, be it the one(s) being pranked (henceforth known as “targets”) or the ones pranking (henceforth “pranksters”). The PAX Prank will never be something with malicious intent. It will strive to never embarrass targets (much). It will be mindful of people who want no part in it, will not push the issue, and will always respect the authority figures of Penny Arcade Inc., PAX, and Greater Seattle/Boston. The PAX prank will not cause any damage emotionally, physically, or financially to anyone, whether they are involved directly or indirectly.

This year's prank is being kept under wraps from the general public ;). But we do need interested volunteers! If you would like to join our cult please post here, PM myself, or send an email to paxprank@gmail.com with a brief introduction about yourself and an email address for future communication. Please do not respond if you cannot fit within the confines of the mission statement above or the criteria below.

Requirements:

You must not be opposed to Twitter and preferably can get SMS updates or potentially phone calls. We typically coordinate our various pranks via Twitter throughout the weekend.

You must be at least moderately outgoing. What we do will call a lot of attention to ourselves. We will probably be interacting with some of the celebrities that are at PAX as well. In other words, YOU WILL BE SEEN! If attention, social interaction, and having people probably laughing at you and/or wanting to praise you/shake your hand -- among other things -- upsets you, you need not look any further.*

*Note: If you would like to be involved in the creative aspects of the prank (content, design, etc) rather than the actual presentation please send me a message. We’re always looking for help.

You must be able to keep a secret. There may be mass emails, Skype calls, and other private conversations between now and then. We want to keep the reactions of our targets pure; surprise is the key here. Since we are getting more people in on the joke, the potential for leaks increases, so please don’t sign up if you know you are bad at keeping a secret.

You must be available either Thursday night or Friday morning before the show opens. This rule is a little more lenient. Most of us will be doing the Pre-PAX dinner, Pub Crawl, or the like, so specifics at this time are sketchy. This is for a last minute meeting to go over anything that might have come up, and give opportunities for a run through of the physical prank. It will be coordinated to fit everyone’s schedules as best we can, and we will do two meetings if needed, but if you can’t be there on either day for 15 to 30 minutes tops, don’t bother signing up.

I hope you will all consider joining us for an out of this world 2011 PAX PRIME Prank!

Moe Fwacky on

• JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I was unable to join in on the fun last year...this year however. I shall assist in making such a prank...that it shall make the others pale in comparison. like...if one of the other pranks ran into this prank at PAX...then they would be afraid.

I'm in.

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You know I'll be there, good buddy.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You have my sword . . . er . . camera. I shall be at the ready at a moment's notice.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Verily, you can count on me good sir

zerzhul on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    I'm helping!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just restating my intentions to help out here.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • josh shadowfaxjosh shadowfax Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Performances pleasing people perenially? Positively picturesque practical pranks performed perfectly? Please permit participation, perhaps?

(I'm in. And now hate the letter p.)

josh shadowfax on
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Performances pleasing people perenially? Positively picturesque practical pranks performed perfectly? Please permit participation, perhaps?

(I'm in. And now hate the letter p.)

As do I you silly goose

Im out...i mean in :p

JonnyNero on
  • SnipethewolfSnipethewolf Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Can I help? I want to help :D

Snipethewolf on
  • Jordman12Jordman12 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You know I'll help out with recording it on my HD camcorder.

Jordman12 on
    2015 PAX East Omeganaut
    2016 PAX East Omeganaut

HAIL HATS !!!!!!!

@Jordman12
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I would also like to point out....that there may be a return of an old prank, but a very good one, with enhanced visuals

JonnyNero on
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    While I will not be able to help the prank at PAX< I will offer my services for planning and other....things. Things we shall not speak of.

bubblegumnex on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am totally going to try to be in again this year.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Count me in! I am thinking I would like to help in planning and preparations.

And depending on the prank being pulled off then part of execution. But that depends on the prank since I am part of cookie brigade, cosplaying, and have my boyfriend and friend in my group and am not sure if any of these will interfere.

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Me!! MEEEEEE!!! MeMeMeMeMeMe!!!!!! Me! please. Even though you know I'm super shy. Right, Toast?

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've begun to add people for the prank. If signed up and haven't received your invite by the end of today please shoot me a PM.

Also please include your email addresses!

We're still accepting volunteers so please sign up if you're interested.

burnttoast45 on
  • ChazzonChazzon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh me me, I'd love to be part of the prank. Adds another exciting thing to do at PAX!

I'll PM you my info.

Chazzon on
  • LoneGunmanLoneGunman Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hey, are you still collecting peeps for this?

LoneGunman on
    edited July 2011
    Yup! I'll mark the title as closed when I'm no longer taking requests. Just include your email address.

burnttoast45 on
    Due to time restrictions, our deadline is fast approaching! If you're at all interested please sign up pronto or forever hold your peace.

• HataruHataru Registered User new member
    If I can procure a badge then you shall have my tactics

• DreamwishDreamwish Registered User regular
    If you're still looking for people, I'll help out with whatever is needed.

• SilvertwinnSilvertwinn Going on 40. "Get off my lawn!"Registered User regular
    I would gladly help out with the presentation!! This sounds like so much fun! :-D

• p0rtugalviip0rtugalvii Registered User regular
    I would be happy to help and I'm sure I could get my comrades that I know are going, to help if necessary.

PSN: p0rtugal_VII
    XBL: DJBlackMage
    Youtube: p0rtugalvii
    Twitter: @p0rtugalvii
  • pillarofdawnpillarofdawn Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    idk all of these "pranks" kinda seem well....lame :/ What is so pranky about them? It's really just people running around in bad cosplays.....kinda sound like a douche but i just want to see something more elaborate and mischievous. Although I will admit Bad Horsing was good.

pillarofdawn on
    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on the forums.
  • blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    i am down for this madness

idk all of these "pranks" kinda seem well....lame :/ What is so pranky about them? It's really just people running around in bad cosplays.....kinda sound like a douche but i just want to see something more elaborate and mischievous. Although I will admit Bad Horsing was good.

Sadly, the PAX Prank may not be for everyone. Personally, I've had a great time working with other members of the community, our PAX "celebrities," and the figures of Penny Arcade. It has been an enriching experience. We do welcome future prank suggestions, as long as they fit within our above mission statement.

With regards to this year's prank, I've added everyone who has requested to join. If you haven't heard back from me, please drop me a line and include your email address.

• itchbayitchbay Self-Rescuing Princess Registered User regular
    I have always wondered how the pranks get set up. I'd love to be involved if I can.

Not *that* kind of princess.
  • pillarofdawnpillarofdawn Registered User regular
    I guess i'm just a bit more malicious at heart, seeing how im from the internet generation :P

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on the forums.
    We'll be closing shop in 2 days. Deadlines are approaching! Last calls!

edited September 2011
    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    That is awesome, I absolutely NEED to get in on the East 2012 one.

It was so much fun. It took up so much of my time (I participated in literally every gathering I was able to), but honestly I had so much fun I didn't care what else I was missing.

E6LkoFK.png

• DreamwishDreamwish Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    It was so much fun. It took up so much of my time (I participated in literally every gathering I was able to), but honestly I had so much fun I didn't care what else I was missing.

Yeah, arguably the best part of PAX for me (I was the guy with the sign stitched to his shirt. :P)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Definitely the highlight of my PAX experience this year. Thank you to all who helped us make this an incredible success!

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I got roped into this. It was a blast, and I will be back next prank.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    Glad I got roped into it (I'm the lone brownie)! Definitely looking forward to it next year. :)

• AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Just saw Adam Sessler wearing his "Never Forget" shirt on the new AOTS tonight on G4!

Nothing. Matters.