Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Killing me won't bring her back. TOINK (Plus! Bitcoins!)

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, so is Bitcoins essentially MMORPG gold?

No. It's a new alternative currency that can't be traced and cannot be broken down into smaller increments. There is no equivalent to the cent in Bitcoins.

And I think one Bitcoin is like 30 bucks right now.

Also Bitcoins are made by crunching some algorithm or something. It just sounds idiotic.

lol no

bitcoin-market-value.jpg
    Fandyien wrote: »
    can i use bitcoins to buy heroin

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/06/silkroad/

holy shit you can

too bad regular money works for that too

reposig.jpg
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    snip

Oh wow. People finally realized that these things are worthless. But damn look at that drop.

UA1OmVB.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, so is Bitcoins essentially MMORPG gold?

No. It's a new alternative currency that can't be traced and cannot be broken down into smaller increments. There is no equivalent to the cent in Bitcoins.

And I think one Bitcoin is like 30 bucks right now.

Also Bitcoins are made by crunching some algorithm or something. It just sounds idiotic.

The thing that strikes me right now, after getting past the part of my brain that likes any stupid thing that looks like the FUTURE, is how stupid making a currency that will lose half its value every two years is.

They aren't impossible to replicate, it just takes a lot of processor cycles. Which gets easier and easier every few months.

Not thinking ahead there, champ.

2MyOx.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User
    edited June 2011
    it actually gets harder as time goes on, which is why people keep making successively larger amounts of computer farms to try and get them

but the fact that there is a limited amount makes it by nature deflationary and because of the mining thing early adopters are naturally rich

it's literally the worst system for a stable currency and it's being held up by libertarians and nerds

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    there is something incredibly cathartic to watch rich white people get owned by a free market for once

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living In Fear. Year Of The Tiger.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As a gay bitcoin user,

AEKTl9K.png
    edited June 2011
    it actually gets harder as time goes on, which is why people keep making successively larger amounts of computer farms to try and get them

but the fact that there is a limited amount makes it by nature deflationary and because of the mining thing early adopters are naturally rich

it's literally the worst system for a stable currency and it's being held up by libertarians and nerds

Wow.

That is even dumber.

I am amazed.

2MyOx.png
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living In Fear. Year Of The Tiger.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    libertarians and nerds are the same thing, though.

AEKTl9K.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Stylin' Profilin'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I've learned a whole lot about bitcoins.

Not so much on Nerf.

But the stuff I've learned on bitcoins was... not great...

camo_sig2.png
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    whats the bitcoin-rapedollar exchange rate these days?

DKFA7.gif
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Registered User
    edited June 2011
    I like Nerf.

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
    edited June 2011
    I like Nerf.

We all do, Squirrel.

But now we need to know if we can use nerf darts as a form of currency.

And what the exchange rate is for bottlecaps. Mark my words. Bottlecaps are the future.

2MyOx.png
  • FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    there is something incredibly cathartic to watch rich white people get owned by a free market for once

Are you seriously that dumb? We just had a recession that owned rich investments (which have nothing to do with race). Last time I checked, poor people didn't do too much heavy investing. Also there are some poor people who are white. I don't know if you realized this.

You are totally the worst troll.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    doesn't help that the name of the currency sounds like a bad chiptunes album

or any chiptunes album, really

edited June 2011
    Fandeathis wrote: »

Are you seriously that dumb? We just had a recession that owned rich investments (which have nothing to do with race). Last time I checked, poor people didn't do too much heavy investing. Also there are some poor people who are white. I don't know if you realized this.

did you forget the foreclosure crisis and the millions of families that lost their homes??

answer: probably

also the fact that in the last 2 years the top 1%'s wealth has increased 10%??

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    guys I hope you realize that I'm already a bitcoins millionaire

edited June 2011
    did you see the "tv shows" the bitcoin guy, mtgox, did

they are incredibly awkward and if i wasn't told they were serious beforehand i'd think they were a tim and eric sketch

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Only 10%? Those poor, poor rich folk.

I made $10 one day and increased my wealth by 2000%.

• JayKaosJayKaos TWIN FIST SAW CLAWSRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah fandeath the upper class has pretty much solely profited from all the shittiness of the past couple years. Corporate profits are up because they can cut pay and benefits + increase hours without people leaving for other jobs because there are no other jobs. The banks got bailouts and went on to have record profits with no problem. Rich dudes are doing a-okay and everyone else got screwed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaykaos This is my steam profile.
    edited June 2011
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Yeah fandeath the upper class has pretty much solely profited from all the shittiness of the past couple years. Corporate profits are up because they can cut pay and benefits + increase hours without people leaving for other jobs because there are no other jobs. The banks got bailouts and went on to have record profits with no problem. Rich dudes are doing a-okay and everyone else got screwed.

the letters from 99ers are some of the incredibly depressing things on the planet

especially the one that ended up being a suicide note

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not to mention the new healthcare law making buying insurance mandatory, effectively giving the insurance companies millions of new customers and no incentive to lower their prices

Boy

Rich guys sure got it easy these days

7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Then why do you reply to her whyyyyyyy

1Slimus.jpg
    edited June 2011
    I think my point got a little lost. Yes, everyone suffered from the recession. The rich did suffer the least. But in terms of "rich white people" getting owned, nothing owned them harder than this recession did (bar the great depression). There is no way bitcoins lost rich people more money than the recession, as was Koshian's original argument.

edited June 2011
    you're kidding right

the upper 1% made out like fucking bandits

• ZonugalZonugal Lord Paramount of the Trident HarrenhalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So how about that Nerf?...

Littlefinger_sig_2.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »

Then why do you reply to her whyyyyyyy

Same reason I always replied to teefs. Call people out on being a troll enough times, other people start to see the pattern, and they eventually get banned for being awful. Not that I would claim any responsibility in the banning of teefs. I just like to point out when someone is clearly trying to make SE++ a worse place for everyone.

• ZonugalZonugal Lord Paramount of the Trident HarrenhalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    And here we go...

Littlefinger_sig_2.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Not to mention the new healthcare law making buying insurance mandatory, effectively giving the insurance companies millions of new customers and no incentive to lower their prices

Boy

it's an obamanation

• RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    stoppppppppppppp

stoppppppppppppppppppp

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    you're kidding right

So the rich are just the upper 1% now? Aren't those the extremely wealthy and powerful? I thought anyone who made over $200K a year was considered rich in America. Certainly you wouldn't call that "Middle Class," would you?

• undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User
    edited June 2011
    Rolo wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

Boy

it's an obamanation

you barack believe it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • ArtreusArtreus Hey kids, want some drugs?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think my point got a little lost. Yes, everyone suffered from the recession. The rich did suffer the least. But in terms of "rich white people" getting owned, nothing owned them harder than this recession did (bar the great depression). There is no way bitcoins lost rich people more money than the recession, as was Koshian's original argument.

Except everybody else is saying that said rich white people actually made a ton of money and did not lose it?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Antimatter wrote: »
    hey rane

long time no see

promises made while drunk are the only promises you have to keep

by law

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
    edited June 2011
    you're kidding right

So the rich are just the upper 1% now? Aren't those the extremely wealthy and powerful? I thought anyone who made over $200K a year was considered rich in America. Certainly you wouldn't call that "Middle Class," would you?

look the unemployment numbers don't fucking lie here (for a fun time, look at the other metrics outside of the U3, especially U4 and U5)

the rich are did well and are doing well, and everybody else has been fucked to death

edited June 2011
    So, how about those Nerf guns, right?

They are good for shooting people!

2MyOx.png
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »

Modding em is fun, now and then.
    Spoiler:

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »

How about them indeed!

All of the talking up the Longshot gets makes me really want one, but I can't remember seeing any in stores at least as far back as when I worked at Toys R Us over the holidays. And they are a hundred bucks on Amazon. :(

This despite the official Nerf website still happily acting as if all iterations of it are still in production and should be available anywhere...

1Slimus.jpg
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why the

who would do such a thing. Turn a Longshot into a pistol maybe.

But just putting longshot parts on a Maverick? That's a goddamn travesty.

UA1OmVB.png