Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Killing me won't bring her back. TOINK (Plus! Bitcoins!)

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    how exactly does the maverick jam

like, I'm looking at it, and I'm not really seeing a place where it could feasibly happen

you stuck your dick in it yet?

STEAM
    Spoiler:
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

like, I'm looking at it, and I'm not really seeing a place where it could feasibly happen

dart doesn't clear the little end bit, the rest of the trigger pull sets up the next dart into place and the dart gets caught between the cylinder and the end of the gun.

• ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Darts slide forward in the barrel and keep it from rotating.

Happens a lot.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It really was, because they were troublesome to reload, so you didn't want to waste your shot. Also the darts were precious. I killed quite a few people though by nailing them from a distance they thought they were safe from.

• FishmanFishman I find your inability to differentiate between 'corruption' and 'feminism' disturbing Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Relevant:

http://www.zombielarp.co.uk/
    http://zombielarp.co.nz/

2.8 Hours later: L4D IRL

Nerf Sidearms
    MOAR POWR

I also find the weapons pages on the UK site amusing, mostly for their disparaging review of the Buzy Bee knock offs. Although I do want to know what that 8-shot pump action is.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Registered User
    edited June 2011
    I got my finger stuck in the barrel of the Recon once.

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Certified BrimperRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I played a game of assassin with some friends a while back

One of my (dude) friends once tried to corner me in a bedroom and kiss me with poison lipstick but thankfully I had a cheeseknife so when I heard someone behind me I wheeled around and stabbed him in the gut at he was making smoochy faces at me

sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
    edited June 2011
    you have the best stories dan.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Artreus wrote: »

Darts slide forward in the barrel and keep it from rotating.

Happens a lot.

only if you've got a twitchy trigger finger. If you hold the trigger down, the chamber aligns with the barrel indefinitely, it's only on the release that it rotates.

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    PS the nitefinder is the most reliable in terms of distance and accuracy. Carry two with two secret shots in your coat pocket, and two backup nitefinders in shoulder holsters for real pro action. When you just need one hit to kill someone, you want distance, reliability, and accuracy. Noo ther gun will do, and the mod for it is super easy.

This man knows what he is talking about.

Nite finders are best.

you two need to get your hands on an EX-6 Element

basically it's a nite finder but instead of that shitty little red LED there's storage for two more darts

so much better

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Smart Hero wrote: »

One of my (dude) friends once tried to corner me in a bedroom and kiss me with poison lipstick but thankfully I had a cheeseknife so when I heard someone behind me I wheeled around and stabbed him in the gut at he was making smoochy faces at me

I wonder how he felt about the weapon he was given.

mosesupposes.gif
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My Raider jams exponentially more than my Maverick. Actually I'm not sure my Maverick has ever jammed. Seems like a pretty reliable, fool-proof system, much like a real revolver. But I can see maybe after long-term use.

1Slimus.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »

I wonder how he felt about the weapon he was given.

Pretty?

edited June 2011
    like a real revolver the timing can be fucked up.

• FishmanFishman I find your inability to differentiate between 'corruption' and 'feminism' disturbing Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have a particular dart that jams in my Maverick. All the other darts are fine, though, so I don't really consider it a fault in the weapon so much as a defective round.

• ArtreusArtreus Hamlet Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    PS the nitefinder is the most reliable in terms of distance and accuracy. Carry two with two secret shots in your coat pocket, and two backup nitefinders in shoulder holsters for real pro action. When you just need one hit to kill someone, you want distance, reliability, and accuracy. Noo ther gun will do, and the mod for it is super easy.

This man knows what he is talking about.

Nite finders are best.

you two need to get your hands on an EX-6 Element

basically it's a nite finder but instead of that shitty little red LED there's storage for two more darts

so much better

Well my roommate had replaced the light with a smaller nerf gun, so it all worked out pretty well.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Vulcan looks totally sweet.

Is it totally sweet?

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the stampede is sweeter

(I don't own a vulcan)

0BnD8l3.gif
    edited June 2011
    the only problem with the vulcan is it takes forever to load. also if the chain is hanging it is far too much strain on the motor.

I own both and therefore am better then dichotomy

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That is the assault rifle one right?

Yeah it totally looks cool too.

• FencingsaxFencingsax Bondage Discipline Spider-Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I....what? Why would you even say that?

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
  • JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have 4 nephews and every christmas i give them all a new supply of freshly modded nerf guns. Last year I got them the ammo box stuffed with some generic chalk ammo that left chalf marks when you got hit. It gave the darts some extra weight, so they actually carried fairly well with the stronger springs and bigger air chambers.

My sister is usually displeased with me

edited June 2011
    Vegetta would say that

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky FONOTUNE Electric FairytaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    In mildly related news the current lineup of super soakers is retarded and i miss my old cps3000

Kochikens wrote: »
    oh man I saw an otter with a boner at the seattle one and this kid asked his dad, IS HE EATING A HOT DOG
    and I laughed forever
  • UbikUbik i am a god in a french-ass restaurantRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Koshian wrote: »

if only they had modern technology, the past would be so much different

CleezusSig_zpsfa821add.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I used to go to this summer place that did afterschool and tutoring activities, but also extended into the summer. During that that, there were watergun wars in the park every Friday. They always busted out super soakers which I did not have.

To retaliate, I secretly added food coloring to the water balloons.

mosesupposes.gif
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Vegetta would say that

ahahaha I was hoping someone else noticed this

mrsatansig.png
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    In mildly related news the current lineup of super soakers is retarded and i miss my old cps3000

I had one of these:

super-soaker-jj-001.jpg

It was awesome!

What I really wanted was one of these:

iS_supersoaker_ss200_02.jpg

terriblepostsigpic.jpg
    edited June 2011
    the presence of the bitcoin would have dramatically altered the outcome of the battle of hastings

0BnD8l3.gif
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Yeah, Super soakers seem to be going downhill. Remembering one from when I was a kid that hooked directly to a hose.

It's interesting compared to Nerf, where you look up the old ones, and the best barely meet today's standards.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Polar Warbear ˁ ͡° ᴥ ͡°ˀRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    BITCOINS Y'ALL

Lwwxy.png

It's true!

Other terrible things Bitcoins could have prevented:
    • 9/11
    • Hurricane Katrina
    • That poster's birth

FYYss9j.png
    edited June 2011
    if the romans had bitcoin, the western empire would never have fallen

0BnD8l3.gif
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    why isn't this thread about nerfguns

the fuck is wrong with you people

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    don't understand the appeal of this shit

OooOOOoOoOOOooOOOoOOOoOoOOoOOoOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? peach treesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If the Soviets had bitcoins, then-

wait

7u0YG.gif
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | SCREENED | STEAM ID | BUY SOME STUFF!
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

bye then!

edited June 2011
    A few years back I was wandering the local budget WalMart-wannabe when I came across their 'damaged stock' bargain bin of toys.

You have to understand, this store is pretty much shoplift central, and I don't think I've ever seen a Nerf gun box there that hadn't had it's darts stolen right out of the packaging. LEGO, too. In fact, around half of all the toys I see in there are missing something; Torn boxes, stolen parts, missing darts, space ships with no pilots, RC controllers with no cars, that sort of thing.

Never stops the store from trying to still flog these off at full price, though.

Anyway, they had this bin at one end full of all the stock too deteriorated to actually sell anymore. Loose packets of LEGO bricks, with no sign of what kit they came from. One of those plastic hats and sheriff badges you get in those cowboy themed sets including a cap gun, but from which the gun was gone. And three Mavericks, brand new, no darts, no boxes, no packaging whatsoever. One of them had a broken slide cock, but the other two were in full working condition. And each of them could be purchased for the price of the loose change in my pocket.

I don't know why I didn't buy them, except I have a classic Blue Mav and these ones were yellow, which I don't like as much, and I wasn't really in the mood to mod them in the immediate future. I'm pretty sure I've regretted that decision on a regular basis ever since.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

bye then!

ok bye?

OooOOOoOoOOOooOOOoOOOoOoOOoOOoOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous WALK 3X FASTER New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Yeah, Super soakers seem to be going downhill. Remembering one from when I was a kid that hooked directly to a hose.

It's interesting compared to Nerf, where you look up the old ones, and the best barely meet today's standards.

I saw some nerf squirt guns last week.

One looks like a boltgun.

zaku.png
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: WaffleMous#1483