Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Pre-PAX Dinner 2011 - *SOLD OUT!!!!*

123457

Posts

  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    My garlic bread is an enabler. It looks at me and murmurs sweetly, "Oh, but I'm so tasty. I mean... You don't HAVE to eat me. You'd like me though. And it's all right if you do. People think you will anyway."

    Spoiler:
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:
    My garlic bread is an enabler. It looks at me and murmurs sweetly, "Oh, but I'm so tasty. I mean... You don't HAVE to eat me. You'd like me though. And it's all right if you do. People think you will anyway."

    Only because I like you, I'll protect you and consume that evil garlic bread to keep you safe.

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    savagehart wrote:
    Only because I like you, I'll protect you and consume that evil garlic bread to keep you safe.

    My hero!!

    Spoiler:
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    And now we will see what 28 pounds of garlic bread does to the human body? Perhaps it's best we spread this dangerous menace around so we don't lose anyone before the pub crawl.

    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    As long as *Slytherin* doesn't lose anybody...I'm good with it. ;)

    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Cronus wrote:
    And now we will see what 28 pounds of garlic bread does to the human body? Perhaps it's best we spread this dangerous menace around so we don't lose anyone before the pub crawl.

    As I had to withdraw from the pub crawl (damn my knee), I will do my best to protect you all, regardless of House. Well, I will endeavor to protect Hufflepuff more than others.

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User
    Nobody can Slytherin with 28 lbs of garlic bread inside them!

  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Nobody can Slytherin with 28 lbs of garlic bread inside them!

    wouldn't that make them waddleren?

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    Nobody can Slytherin with 28 lbs of garlic bread inside them!

    Hah, if we lose the TWDT this year, I'm totally using that excuse.

  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Come to think, wouldn't garlic bread be helpful for the TWDT? Oil and bread both help with alcohol.

    Spoiler:
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User
    Savagehart: we'll all be waddleren due to drunkeness anyway :p
    Redhalo: glad to be of service, O Imperious Leader, but surely that won't be allowed to happen!
    Menolly: look at you, being all smart and Ravenclawy!

  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Savagehart: we'll all be waddleren due to drunkeness anyway :p
    Redhalo: glad to be of service, O Imperious Leader, but surely that won't be allowed to happen!
    Menolly: look at you, being all smart and Ravenclawy!

    Pray tell gentle reader, dost thou not know the difference between waddling and staggering? If this is the case I humbly suggest that you have never been truly drunk and must work harder at your craft.

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User
    I'll try harder.

  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    I'll try harder.

    Drunk or drunk not. There is not try!

    Spoiler:
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • SageheartSageheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    savagehart wrote:
    Savagehart: we'll all be waddleren due to drunkeness anyway :p
    Redhalo: glad to be of service, O Imperious Leader, but surely that won't be allowed to happen!
    Menolly: look at you, being all smart and Ravenclawy!

    Pray tell gentle reader, dost thou not know the difference between waddling and staggering? If this is the case I humbly suggest that you have never been truly drunk and must work harder at your craft.

    So if you do both are you swaggering?

    Sageheart on
    Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Sageheart wrote:
    savagehart wrote:
    Savagehart: we'll all be waddleren due to drunkeness anyway :p
    Redhalo: glad to be of service, O Imperious Leader, but surely that won't be allowed to happen!
    Menolly: look at you, being all smart and Ravenclawy!

    Pray tell gentle reader, dost thou not know the difference between waddling and staggering? If this is the case I humbly suggest that you have never been truly drunk and must work harder at your craft.

    So if you do both are you swaggering?

    Why yes, yes you are. :P

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Better start cooking now.... only 9 days until the feastening.

  • SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:
    Come to think, wouldn't garlic bread be helpful for the TWDT? Oil and bread both help with alcohol.
    I was under the impression that bread actually sped up the absorption of alcohol?

  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Saxicide wrote:
    Menolly07 wrote:
    Come to think, wouldn't garlic bread be helpful for the TWDT? Oil and bread both help with alcohol.
    I was under the impression that bread actually sped up the absorption of alcohol?
    Urban legend.
    The rate of absorption is based on the emptying time of the stomach and the alcohol content of the drink. Yea, drinking used to be my primary hobby.
    Then I discovered gaming. lol

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    savagehart wrote:
    Yea, drinking used to be my primary hobby.
    Then I discovered gaming. lol

    Then I discovered drunk gaming. Fratricide ftw.

  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    redhalo wrote:
    savagehart wrote:
    Yea, drinking used to be my primary hobby.
    Then I discovered gaming. lol

    Then I discovered drunk gaming. Fratricide ftw.

    <Tip Hat> Well Played.</tip hat>

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Buttons are here and they look badass.

    6047671682_c1d44b6891.jpg

    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    What's the best way to get to the dinner from the Sheraton? I'll have a rental car, but i HATE driving in strange cities. Plus I have the driving navigation skills of you basic clump of dirt (TY inventor of consumer GPS).

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    savagehart wrote:
    What's the best way to get to the dinner from the Sheraton? I'll have a rental car, but i HATE driving in strange cities. Plus I have the driving navigation skills of you basic clump of dirt (TY inventor of consumer GPS).

    Getting there is super easy. Go uphill on Pike, take a left on 11th. It's on the right hand side.

  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    If you would like to walk, hubby and I will be walking there. He'll be walking back for the same board game meet-up you're heading for and would be happy to walk back as well. The only thing is that I believe it's a half mile? I wasn't sure if you'd be able to walk it with your owie and all.

    Spoiler:
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    With just a short amount of time left, I'm looking for volunteers who are willing to spend the time doing some actual work with me/for me during the Pre-PAX Dinner.

    If you're interested, you will be greatly appreciated. This is strictly volunteer work, I can't pay you and if you don't have a ticket to the PPD, you...well, you can't help. :)

    Please PM me ASAP if you are willing to help out.


    Thanks guys and I can't wait to see all of you soon!!

    beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:
    If you would like to walk, hubby and I will be walking there. He'll be walking back for the same board game meet-up you're heading for and would be happy to walk back as well. The only thing is that I believe it's a half mile? I wasn't sure if you'd be able to walk it with your owie and all.

    I do have to get in a mile or so daily (not all at once if possible) as part of the therapy (its all "honor system" now, I'm that much better). As I'm going to be spending most of the day driving, I'll take you up on the offer!

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Met with the caterer and our contact at Barca...we're totally sweet and are taking over a bit more of Barca than we expected to. So, we have both the upstairs and much of the downstairs.

    Food is gonna be awesome.

    So excited for this!

    Volunteers, I'll be PMing you all today/tomorrow.

    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User
    savagehart wrote:
    Menolly07 wrote:
    If you would like to walk, hubby and I will be walking there. He'll be walking back for the same board game meet-up you're heading for and would be happy to walk back as well. The only thing is that I believe it's a half mile? I wasn't sure if you'd be able to walk it with your owie and all.

    I do have to get in a mile or so daily (not all at once if possible) as part of the therapy (its all "honor system" now, I'm that much better). As I'm going to be spending most of the day driving, I'll take you up on the offer!

    I wouldn't mind walking with you guys. I'll be dressed up as a Skytherin though.

  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    savagehart wrote:
    Menolly07 wrote:
    If you would like to walk, hubby and I will be walking there. He'll be walking back for the same board game meet-up you're heading for and would be happy to walk back as well. The only thing is that I believe it's a half mile? I wasn't sure if you'd be able to walk it with your owie and all.

    I do have to get in a mile or so daily (not all at once if possible) as part of the therapy (its all "honor system" now, I'm that much better). As I'm going to be spending most of the day driving, I'll take you up on the offer!

    I wouldn't mind walking with you guys. I'll be dressed up as a Skytherin though.

    I'll be dressed as a muggle/gamer geek and as far as I'm concerned, houses don't exit until AFTER the dinner is over. :)

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    edited August 2011
    I wouldn't mind walking with you guys. I'll be dressed up as a Skytherin though.
    How embarassing, you Slytherin guys are nerds.

    edit: and bad spellers ;-)

    redhalo on
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    redhalo wrote:
    I wouldn't mind walking with you guys. I'll be dressed up as a Skytherin though.
    How embarassing, you Slytherin guys are nerds.

    edit: and bad spellers ;-)

    While I hate evil, you gotta admit that evil beings usually have a great sense of style.

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Morphine503Morphine503 Registered User
    Any other Hufflepuff's at the dinner?

  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User
    savagehart wrote:
    redhalo wrote:
    I wouldn't mind walking with you guys. I'll be dressed up as a Skytherin though.
    How embarassing, you Slytherin guys are nerds.

    edit: and bad spellers ;-)

    While I hate evil, you gotta admit that evil beings usually have a great sense of style.

    I'll be the guy in the Slytherin tie and black, hooded robe. Stylin'!

  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    savagehart wrote:
    While I hate evil, you gotta admit that evil beings usually have a great sense of style.

    Style gets the ladies far more than morals.

  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User
    redhalo wrote:
    savagehart wrote:
    While I hate evil, you gotta admit that evil beings usually have a great sense of style.

    Style gets the ladies far more than morals.

    True dat.

  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    redhalo wrote:
    savagehart wrote:
    While I hate evil, you gotta admit that evil beings usually have a great sense of style.

    Style gets the ladies far more than morals.

    True dat.

    Dunno about that. Even the Stylin' powers of Evil cannot overcome the power of a Black Leather Jacket and a motorcycle.

    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Any other Hufflepuff's at the dinner?

    Yeah, I'm in Hufflepuff too (DA), so there will be two of us there at least..

  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    savagehart wrote:
    redhalo wrote:
    I wouldn't mind walking with you guys. I'll be dressed up as a Skytherin though.
    How embarassing, you Slytherin guys are nerds.

    While I hate evil, you gotta admit that evil beings usually have a great sense of style.

    I'll be the guy in the Slytherin tie and black, hooded robe. Stylin'!

    Did you join Slytherin this year just to wear that? And if so, you probably made the right call.

    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Crispy262Crispy262 TT [E] Registered User regular
    Baka Al wrote:
    Any other Hufflepuff's at the dinner?

    Yeah, I'm in Hufflepuff too (DA), so there will be two of us there at least..

    I will be attending this as well so we can all head over to Auto Battery together!

    2014 PAX Prime: Badge [✓] Flight [ ] Hotel [✓]
    !HUFFLEPUFF - Head of House ~ 2011-14
    HufflePUFF Don't Care
Sign In or Register to comment.