Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Humming noise from propane grill

Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So - about two weeks ago, after my first grill I ever bought of five years crapped out on me, I had to go and get a new one and picked up a Charbroil four burner grill. It was only $200 - I wasn't expecting much, but it turns out it was garbage and couldn't keep both sides of the grill lit at the same time. Full tank of propane, lots of reviews I read after the fact complained about the same thing. Another thing it was doing was making this weird buzzing noise near the tank...

So I take it back and buy a different grill...a Brinkman something or the other, same size same price, just hoping I had some bad luck with the Charbroil. I get it all put together and I'm still getting the same buzzing noise near the propane tank. This tank is full and the nozzle is on as tight as it will get. Is there something I'm missing here? Two different grills can't have the same crazy issue right out of the box can they?

Romero Zombie on
steam_sig.png

• bowenbowen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You can usually ignore it. Same propane tank right?

• mtsmts Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    it is probably just the propane gas going through the regulator, did you check the connection for leaks with soapy water? any gas odor? if you turn the tank off at the valve does the noise stop?

my grill makes a humming-like noise when the gas is on. I used to turn off the tank after using it, but usually just ignore it

camo_sig.png
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ya I can feel the regulator buzzing so I'm pretty sure that's the culprit. Can't be normal though. In five years I never heard that noise on my old grill. Would I need to replace the regulator or is it something I will have to deal with?

steam_sig.png
  • mtsmts Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    you probably could, but unless its leaking gas it is probably not worth it. are you having flow issues?

camo_sig.png
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ya I can feel the regulator buzzing so I'm pretty sure that's the culprit. Can't be normal though. In five years I never heard that noise on my old grill. Would I need to replace the regulator or is it something I will have to deal with?

It generally only happens with the 20lb tanks. Though a newer/higher end regulator usually makes it go away.