As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My monitor thinks it's from the 1920s

FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's HenchmanLand of OooRegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I've had my current monitor for about a year now, it's a Westinghouse LCD. For the past few weeks it's taken forever to turn on, about ten minutes usually. It's like it has to warm up or something, which I know is not what consumer electronics should be doing in this century.

Is this a thing that monitors do? Did I leave it on too long one day? Have you ever had this?

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
FactorySquirrel on

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Only advice I can give you is that the Westinghouse monitor I had was plagued with problems...it's a lower-grade electronics company, so expect weird shit to happen more frequently and for them to be less helpful. :(

mr_mich on
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh! I didn't know that about them. That's good to know. Thanks.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I used to have an Acer monitor that did the same thing. If I started the monitor, unplugged it for around 10 seconds, then plugged it back in again the problem would go away for a few days. Eventually the monitor color got weak and my cheap ass bought a better brand. :)

Kreutz on
  • Options
    mbannickmbannick Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is it not turning on at all, or is the power light on and the screen not lighting up? If the light is on then it sounds like the backlight is dying.

mbannick on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Get it repaired on Warranty, if possible.

Additionally, next time buy something from a decent manufacturer. Anything with less than a 3 year warranty is garbage. Personally, I prefer Samsung and LG, in that order.

Ruckus on