As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    You've been able to zoom in up close and personal in the dressing room for a while now, no?

reVerse on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Since Cataclysm, yeah.

Man, this was a depressing raid day.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The videos I've seen of the new five-mans look stupid easy. I thought they were just normal modes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    apparently those dungeons are deliberately way undertuned right now so that they're easier to test (haven't run them myself)

I assume they have an idea of how hard they want everything to hit anyway, and they just want groups to finish them

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the first week something is available to test and they're primarily testing that mechanics are working properly rather than the difficulty of the fights?

woaaaaaaaaah

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    But it's not testing that mechanics are working properly, just that they can trigger and that players are getting bosses from 100 to 0.

Which is fair, but then again, isn't that something better left to in-house testing? Eh, whatever; their game.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    In the past they've usually been somewhere close to the correct tuning or even overtuned. I can't remember a time they've had it so undertuned at the start like this before.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Perhaps they are throwing you in the LFR versions.

• Options
    That's an interesting idea...that whatever they use to make the LFR version of raids easier (probably a straight percent reduction in damage and health) is being applied to the dungeon by accident. Opening the LFR on the PTR does show a weird mix between it (showing FL and BoT as the dropdown) and the dungeon LFG (showing the new dungeons when you hover over the die that shows what dungeons are unlocked).

• Options
    So they are implementing older raids into it and not only the current tier? From one of Ghostcrawler's posts I gathered they would only do that once it is confirmed the system works and players get louder demanding it.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It's really dumb they made the LFR for only Dragonsoul when less than 10% people can go there

• Options
    The LFR on the PTR currently has FL and BoT in its list but it's nonfunctional, they're placeholders so the dropdown wouldn't be empty while the DS raid isn't active yet.

• Options
    I highly doubt the five-mans are easier due to LFR. That would imply that LFR generates content on its own when it's quite clear that Blizzard had to make an instance specifically for LFR. Otherwise, there would be no issue with having older raids available for the system.

I think the best guess is that, in order to get 4.3 on the PTR quicker, they haven't bothered with difficulty balance yet and are relying on players to test mechanics.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Oh, my mistake. I thought you were talking about the new raid, not the new 5-man content.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote:
    It's really dumb they made the LFR for only Dragonsoul when less than 10% people can go there
    I don't understand this. Why can only 10% go? The LFR version is going to be "puggable"

• Options
    I imagine Dragon Soul is going to have a very low ilevel requirement for the LFR difficulty.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I finally got my baby paladin to 85 and started tanking up a storm. Got to 346 within an hour of dinging due to FL craftables and some quests. I even got

WoWScrnShot_100211_213416.jpg

Must have artisan flying. >.<

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Very nice, congrats. I've never even seen that drop.

• Options
    Speaking of rare mounts, if I resub this month then it'll be Headless Horseman mount time.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I'm under the impression that the LFR version of Dragon Soul isn't going to use the in-game voice chat, or anything like that. I'm guessing they'll make it so faceroll easy that you don't even need voicechat at all. I mean, it'll have to be easier than T11 normals. Those are so easy now, but pugs still have issues with them. I'm guessing that the bosses will have as much health as the 10m version, or even less. You already do more dps in 25m than in 10m, so 25 people vs a boss with 10m stats would be... yeah.

On that note, I totally understand why they're doing it with 25 people. More buffs/debuffs, more dps, more healing, more loot. In 10m, it really comes down to individual performance a lot more. 1 person dying usually means a wipe. 25m, you have a lot more leeway in terms of performance. Especially if the bosses are going to be easier.

It's... It'll be interesting to see what they do with it and how they pull it off, regardless. On one hand, it has the potential to be the most hilarious trainwreck in the history of ever. But on the other hand, it has the potential to end up working out really well, and letting people experience content they would have otherwise never experienced.

I'm not going to make any sort of predictions of how it will play out. That would be dumb. Instead, I will just wait and see how it ends up working out.

I do think it can work though, if they do it right. But again, we'll see when it comes out.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Mmochampion just released some pictures for weapon models for the new raid...

I'm not sure you could actually call any of the 'daggers', well... daggers.

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I like the club dagger. Very subtle.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Tonight we killed Alysrazor and Staghelm for the first time (10m Normal). The Alys fight took forever cause the person we had fly up couldn't see the rings so he had to stop off and get more feathers plus he didn't get any of that tasty haste. We ended up hitting the end of the third reignite at 25% but the nerfs make the aoe healable so we finished her off. Staghelm was pretty much a joke, once we got grouped up quick enough for the cat to scorp transition to not have him jump on the raid we killed him. My guild is itchin for Rag but with our 6 guily/4 PUG makeup it may be a while till we get him down even with the nerfs (Sons of Fire will probably cause a ton of wipes).

• Options
    our casual guild just went 6/7 this week, too. Rhyolith was our bane forever, and Staghelm went down fairly easily, although dropped the dk, mage, rogue piece that we couldn't use. That was fun

Sons will definitely wipe you until you get a strat for dealing with them.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    our casual guild just went 6/7 this week, too. Rhyolith was our bane forever, and Staghelm went down fairly easily, although dropped the dk, mage, rogue piece that we couldn't use. That was fun

Sons will definitely wipe you until you get a strat for dealing with them.

Speaking of:
    6207033571_495c046468_o.jpg

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Heroth wrote:

I'm not even sure why I raced over to mmo-champ to look at that -_-

Honestly I'm pretty disappointed in the models, though. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about them!

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Started work on Heroic Ragnaros last night. As usual, had a PuG with us though. First Phase and Transition are easy enough. We only died in the Transition to Supernova once, and that was when the hammer hit Right side and had 4 Sons on the Right side. Working on getting Phase 2 down, having trouble with the seeds. The last two attempts we got the timing for the first set pretty good, noone died to them spawning and they were stacked up real nice. But we take too long to kill them. Hopefully with our real Hunter instead of a PuG hunter we can knock them down a little more with AE and have them dead quickly.

Hopefully we get to Phase 4 tonight!

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Heroth wrote:

I think Dagger #1 and #2 look decent, but they would look great if it weren't for the cross-guard.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I've been clawing my way towards the end of a pvp suit on my resto drood, just need trinks, legs, and chest to finish. I'm not really an avid pvp'r and pretty much only hop into Tol B or the random battleground hoping for a win, so it's been a long road. I'm pretty sure horde-draenor-cyclone is terrible and lose more often than passable/win by a considerable margin, but as I get each piece, I can definitely feel the staying power granted by the resil. I might even gem/chant/etc. it for kicks.

Gotta find somethin' to do until 4.3, aside from capping points just before.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I've been clawing my way towards the end of a pvp suit on my resto drood, just need trinks, legs, and chest to finish. I'm not really an avid pvp'r and pretty much only hop into Tol B or the random battleground hoping for a win, so it's been a long road. I'm pretty sure horde-draenor-cyclone is terrible and lose more often than passable/win by a considerable margin, but as I get each piece, I can definitely feel the staying power granted by the resil. I might even gem/chant/etc. it for kicks.

Gotta find somethin' to do until 4.3, aside from capping points just before.

Is that EU? Because I thought Draenor used to be in the Blackout battlegroup before the "merge". You normally come up against people who used to be in your battlegroup, because I believe the system attempts to put you up against servers that are closer to you, but you should find yourself up against servers you'd not fought against before.

eg: I was in the Blackout battlegroup, but I've been put up against some French servers that weren't in it.

As I've got 2 Shaman in full pvp kit, I've been getting ready for the transmog. stuff, which has involved doing alot of old content (alot of TBC stuff can be 3 manned or trying to get some old Vanilla kits made; I know some are grinding out mats for the Dark Iron and Imperial set). I wonder what WotLK stuff could be done with my 3 man group.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    5/7 now. Heroic Alysrazor is pretty god damn easy. We were 1/7 before the nerf, but have been flying through Heroics. Kinda sad, as we had domo @ 10% pre nerf :(.

ANy tips for H-Beth. 10m guild.

• Options
    5/7 now. Heroic Alysrazor is pretty god damn easy. We were 1/7 before the nerf, but have been flying through Heroics. Kinda sad, as we had domo @ 10% pre nerf :(.

ANy tips for H-Beth. 10m guild.

Have whoever does the spiderlings watch a H-Beth fight on Youtube, from the perspective of the Hunter or DK doing Spiderlings+Broodlings. Make sure everyone understands how the broodlings work, and that if one gets close to them to pop it and move the fuck out of the slime ASAP.

Also, I suggest putting down Raid Markers for where people to go to when they get fixated on by a Drone. Essentially they will become the Tank for 10-15 seconds (can't remember exactly, maybe longer) and the Tank is free to run around and taunt down Spinners. And make sure you Taunt down Spinners ASAP or else they will spin their little web of lies and trap people.

A good Hunter with a good healer backing him up, everyone understanding how the broodlings work and where to go if/when they get fixated and the fight is super easy. Going in and "winging it" and the fight is stupid hard.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I haven't played WoW in a year but I'll be honest. If LFR Dragon Soul = 15 man Vanilla Stratholme runs...I might resub.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The big thing with H-beth is to communicate well. We had a hunter doing broodlings most of the time, with a mage ready to fill if some combination of circumstances left the hunter unable to get there (fixatelol.)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The big thing with H-beth is to communicate well. We had a hunter doing broodlings most of the time, with a mage ready to fill if some combination of circumstances left the hunter unable to get there (fixatelol.)

I'd also to point out that if you have a Hunter, he better be on broodling detail. Feign Death if a drone fixates him, and bing bang boom, no worries about the piece of shit drone eating 10 spiderlings.

Buddies on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Heroic Beth is so ridiculously geared toward having a hunter it's just sad.

I suspect Blizzard will overestimate the average player as they always do when LFR Dragon Soul comes out and PUGs there will be a pretty miserable experience. They'll nerf things even more to accommodate the incompetence, but still the only raids that will get through it without it being a 5+ hour ordeal will be the ones that end up with some ringers (tank especially) just looking to kill time.

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I haven't played WoW in a year but I'll be honest. If LFR Dragon Soul = 15 man Vanilla Stratholme runs...I might resub.

Maybe once they remove the charge for transfers, enable cross-server chats and guilds, and build server transfers directly into the interface.

EDIT: Besides, 15 man Strat runs didn't hold a candle to a 40 man Strat run. Clustityfuckernuts of a clusterfuck.

Or a 40 man Scholo run... D:

naengwen on
  • Options
    I just figured out what weapon I'm going to transmogrify all my staves into: the Frostscythe. That is as long as they continue to allow it to be used as a source item for transmogrify.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Opty wrote:
    I just figured out what weapon I'm going to transmogrify all my staves into: the Frostscythe. That is as long as they continue to allow it to be used as a source item for transmogrify.

WAY TO STEAL MY IDEA, GOSH.

But anyways I hopped on PTR very briefly just to check Transmogrification out; Frostscythe does indeed work.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Still need to find someone to make me a Witch Hunter so I can use a scythe when the mood hits me. Shivering Felspine is nice, but... scythe!

edit- nevermind, looks like chaos orbs won't be soulbound.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.