As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    They really should have made the chaos orbs like that long ago now it just seems they are a little too late with everything in 4.3

• Options
    I do find it funny and really sad since they removed the basic shirt a lot of begining characters get the ones people kept are more precious than gold

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Jesus 40 man scholos.

It got old school in here. Remember when the boats dumped you in the middle of the ocean and they had to remove them for a month or two?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    I don't remember that but then I remember a lot of people getting on a blimp to Org and crashing the server {from what I remember it was at least 400 people!} but was this not the era of Captian Placeholder?

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote:
    I don't remember that but then I remember a lot of people getting on a blimp to Org and crashing the server {from what I remember it was at least 400 people!} but was this not the era of Captian Placeholder?

Yep, Captain Placeholder. I also seem to recall blimps and/or boats sometimes getting bugged and ending up flying over the mountains somewhere and dumping everyone to their deaths.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I still miss "Captain Krunch" from beta :P He was the "Captain Placeholder" of Ratchet :P Also "Captain Noteo" used to just be "Captain Eo" :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Man, original scholo 5 man used to be brutal on a scale that is just difficult to explain these days. We'd wipe and wipe and wipe and fight through respawns and cheap bosses and crappy drops. And we'd love it, not knowing of anything better. =P

The big zergfests were just a hilarious good time, too.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Man, original scholo 5 man used to be brutal on a scale that is just difficult to explain these days. We'd wipe and wipe and wipe and fight through respawns and cheap bosses and crappy drops. And we'd love it, not knowing of anything better. =P

The big zergfests were just a hilarious good time, too.
    I remember when someone made a video because they did Strat with 5 people.

• Options
    The original Scholo and Strat were not tuned well. They really did require a raid group unless you were geared to the freaking teeth (i.e. from gear in those dungeons :P). Scholomance was by far the worst.

I still remember when the Spirit Towers in Strath shot at you the entire time they were up :P Fun times.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    So my guild's alt run cleared Firelands in 2 hours Sunday night. There was only one wipe, and it was to Rhyolith because the driver was vastly underestimating the firepower we could put into the legs and he was over/undershooting volcanoes.

Snagged the Rags caster DPS trinket and the non-set shoulders off of Baleroc for my mage. Almost at the point where I can swap him from Arcane to Frost (no warlock/fire mage, so I need an additional 5% crit to hit the cap).

Also down to one friggen achievement for my main's Glory to the Cataclysm Hero...that stupid egg one in Grim Batol.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    Also down to one friggen achievement for my main's Glory to the Cataclysm Hero...that stupid egg one in Grim Batol.

I got that recently on my mage twink, after we wiped the first time because too many eggs hatched. The other DD were two warriors who somehow couldn't get their guy down fast enough. In the second try I just Cone-of-Cold'ed both adds at the start and it worked.

On that note, my frost mage is a magnet for stupid hard to get achievements. I got the ZA bear on my second run there. I got the Arathi achievement for a win by 50 points and I got the Gilneas achievement for winning after being 500 points behind. That's all stuff that I would still need on my main.

• Options
    One of these days I need to finish that meta... I think I'm four away... I need the croc and the last one from Lost City, Bullet Time, and the frost one from Deadmines - that should be it. Probably not hard anymore but the trick is actually getting into those places to do them :P

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    So my guild's alt run cleared Firelands in 2 hours Sunday night. There was only one wipe, and it was to Rhyolith because the driver was vastly underestimating the firepower we could put into the legs and he was over/undershooting volcanoes.

Snagged the Rags caster DPS trinket and the non-set shoulders off of Baleroc for my mage. Almost at the point where I can swap him from Arcane to Frost (no warlock/fire mage, so I need an additional 5% crit to hit the cap).

Hit me up when I'm not raiding and I can prolly get a couple heavy hitters to do that for ya real quick. I think the last time my friend did Grim Batol on his Warrior he did something like 60k DPS and just about killed the last boss in the first shadows gale.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote:
    One of these days I need to finish that meta... I think I'm four away... I need the croc and the last one from Lost City, Bullet Time, and the frost one from Deadmines - that should be it. Probably not hard anymore but the trick is actually getting into those places to do them :P

The timing requirement makes Siamat's achievement still moderately difficult, and it also requires a lot of healing. A LOT.

The egg one in GB is pretty easy now, assuming you bring at least 2 geared DPS. I kill my add before it gets out of the hallway, these days.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Buddies wrote:
    Nobody wrote:

Hit me up when I'm not raiding and I can prolly get a couple heavy hitters to do that for ya real quick. I think the last time my friend did Grim Batol on his Warrior he did something like 60k DPS and just about killed the last boss in the first shadows gale.

Thanks man, the majority of the rest I got on a guild run over the weekend, I may talk them into doing more to finish out other peoples' too.
    Kainy wrote:
    Warlock82 wrote:

The timing requirement makes Siamat's achievement still moderately difficult, and it also requires a lot of healing. A LOT.

The egg one in GB is pretty easy now, assuming you bring at least 2 geared DPS. I kill my add before it gets out of the hallway, these days.

The croc one is kinda easy actually. We did it with a shaman healer with me tanking. Basically everybody stayed on their mounts (except the healer), and kited around the crocs until they all spawned. If the healer got the debuff she ghost-wolfed and ran around. Once we had 21 or so up everybody converged on a frost trap and bad things happened to the crocs.

Siamat's wasn't too bad honestly, I just tanked all the adds near Siamat, and we ground him down to 30% (with FL/FL heroic gear it's not that bad), then bursted down the adds, hit BL, got achievement.

I think the hardest part of the GB achievement is getting people to do it. You aren't going to get it these days through the LFD tool because the people running those dungeons atm are people who need gear from it, and people who could help you get it normally don't want to because the dungeon is too long.

• Options
    I got the egg one on the last heroic I did with a bunch of assholes. I really gave up on doing heroics after I ran into a lot of guild runs who thought it was fun to pull everything in the room to see if you can keep them up with your heals. Or had the dps to kill them all

Out of bordem I was working on my rogue's arch in a vain attempt to get the sand drake plans or some of the other items. I saw this ontop of Kara
    WoWScrnShot_100411_040755.jpg

I don't remember it being there but then I have not been to kara in years

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote:
    Jesus 40 man scholos.

It got old school in here. Remember when the boats dumped you in the middle of the ocean and they had to remove them for a month or two?

Heh, part of the reason I leveled up fishing was skipping boat rides with a lot of people hopping on.

Remember PvP before the honor system? Not the random gankage that's still around today, but the kind that happened in towns where people got 2 friends, then their friends got 2 friends, then their 2 friends got 2 friends and suddenly you've got 4 raids worth of people duking it out in Astranaar's inn, guards rushing in and flopping helplessly

Or wall climbing over Orgrimmar to get underneath the city to find the random alliance folks attacking people underneath the city or from behind the dungeon portal

Then mind controlling/fearing them past the dungeon portal :D

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Brainleech wrote:
    I got the egg one on the last heroic I did with a bunch of assholes. I really gave up on doing heroics after I ran into a lot of guild runs who thought it was fun to pull everything in the room to see if you can keep them up with your heals. Or had the dps to kill them all

Out of bordem I was working on my rogue's arch in a vain attempt to get the sand drake plans or some of the other items. I saw this ontop of Kara
    WoWScrnShot_100411_040755.jpg

I don't remember it being there but then I have not been to kara in years

If you had Aetish you could port there. I don't know where the portal went (presumably somewhere past Aran?), if it was ever open at all...

Edit: Ok, Wowpedia says Aetish just teleports you to the entrance. According to an uncited trivia thing, that was originally supposed to be the side entrance which you'd take a flight path to reach. But they changed it once the instance was implemented.

Not sure if I completely buy that or not. My guess is that, given Karazhan was the first raid of Burning Crusade, it was perhaps planned for Vanilla initially and Aetish would have been the way to teleport to that entrance (perhaps with a way to get others up there via flight path later). At some point they decided to push Karazhan to TBC (likely before Naxx actually went live) and made Aetish go to the entrance instead.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    naengwen wrote:
    mojojoeo wrote:
    Jesus 40 man scholos.

Heh, part of the reason I leveled up fishing was skipping boat rides with a lot of people hopping on.

Remember PvP before the honor system? Not the random gankage that's still around today, but the kind that happened in towns where people got 2 friends, then their friends got 2 friends, then their 2 friends got 2 friends and suddenly you've got 4 raids worth of people duking it out in Astranaar's inn, guards rushing in and flopping helplessly

Or wall climbing over Orgrimmar to get underneath the city to find the random alliance folks attacking people underneath the city or from behind the dungeon portal

Then mind controlling/fearing them past the dungeon portal :D

I came across that kind of pvp even in WotLK. I'd normally see the Crossroads under attack, go along and check it out, try chase off whatever it was. If I wasn't able to, I typically grouped up with others who were trying to level up alts or whatever.

This expansion, with the way guards are, in addition to all the faults that come with flying mounts when it comes to that kind of pvp, I've not had to go defend any town at all.

Personally, I think that is rather sad.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Woo hoo! Time Lost Proto-Drake last night!

I was beginning to think that there wasn't much of anything left in WoW that could get my heart pumping anymore since I don't raid this xpack. But man when NPCScan went off I almost had a heart attack. For the first time in three years I was one of two 85's in the zone and got the claim (then died because I popped the wrong shield, and got the claim again).

Fucking awesome. Yeah, a little late to the party on that one, but I'm stupid happy about it. Particularly since I got it on the right character. I have a bad habit of not being on my pally when the rare rare mounts drop.

EDIT: I wasn't even really looking for it either. I've been working on Frostbitten/Bloody Rare and was doing my usual round through Storm Peaks looking for that other dragon and I had just minutes before thought to myself that I'd probably never see that damn mount. Weeeeeeeee

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Now if I am at all coharent when WOw comes back I will make fun of you on Windrunner
    Grats though I thought the Time lost drake was still camped all the time

• Options
    Kara was an underappreciated raid both in design and story. Not nearly enough people got to see it, imnsho. It'd be nice if one day they went ahead and did the mirror image underground thing that was either in the lore or in some long lost design docs.

Then again, fresh content is probably needed on the menu for the next expac more than anything. The rehash rage is only now reducing to a simmer.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    So close to having enough tokens to get the last tying I want from brewfest: the pink elephant. Managed to get the membership & clothes, so long as the ram doesn't bug out I should make it.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote:
    They really should have made the chaos orbs like that long ago
    Yeah, should've been done in 4.2.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote:
    Siamat's wasn't too bad honestly, I just tanked all the adds near Siamat, and we ground him down to 30% (with FL/FL heroic gear it's not that bad), then bursted down the adds, hit BL, got achievement.

It is important to know how Siamat's little adds work. The third one is the one that triggers phase 2, and if you kill the third 1 first Phase 2 will start and the other 2 will still be alive. So everyone just attacks Siamat till the Third one spawns. The Tank marks the Adds, the first with like a Moon or Triangle or whatever, the Second with an X and the third with a Skull. Once you kill the third one, Phase 2 starts and as soon as you stop getting knocked around you gather up and kill the second one to refresh the buff. Then you just have to kill the third one to get the third buff before killing Siamat. Makes it much less stressfull than trying to kill him within 5 seconds after knocking everyone around, or accidentally killing the third one first not knowing it will set off phase 2 and he dies from 25% health before the other 2 can be killed.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Brainleech wrote:
    Now if I am at all coharent when WOw comes back I will make fun of you on Windrunner
    Grats though I thought the Time lost drake was still camped all the time

It usually is. Every other time I did my frostbitten round there is usually a dozen or more people in storm peaks. Not sure why last night was any different. I think I must have flown by the second it spawned because I had just passed that area like a minute earlier and it wasn't up. It was actually a fluke I even ant back where I did as I usually just do the route once. A pretty awesome fluke.

Anyway unrelated; yes absolutely the orbs should have been made boe in 4.2. Im happy though as I bet the price will be pretty low pretty quick since the 4.2 dungeon gear will likely be FL quality (it is 378 on PTR ) and the 378 crafted gear still requires embers so they wont be super sought after.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    I think they should add embers (as a very tiny percent chance from, say, a reward chest) to the Molten Front daily quests. People hate them and either won't finish them or stop as soon as they have whatever flame encrusted novelty they saved up for. If I knew there was even a tiny percentage chance that I'd get an ember while doing them, I'd probably do them even after capping.

I don't really see it happening, but it'd be a nice touch.

• Options
    I think they should add embers (as a very tiny percent chance from, say, a reward chest) to the Molten Front daily quests. People hate them and either won't finish them or stop as soon as they have whatever flame encrusted novelty they saved up for. If I knew there was even a tiny percentage chance that I'd get an ember while doing them, I'd probably do them even after capping.

I don't really see it happening, but it'd be a nice touch.

They should make them buyable w/ those tokens. I have absolutely nothing to spend mine on at this point (and I have a surplus thanks to the dumb bombing achievement)

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Kara was an underappreciated raid both in design and story. Not nearly enough people got to see it, imnsho. It'd be nice if one day they went ahead and did the mirror image underground thing that was either in the lore or in some long lost design docs.

Then again, fresh content is probably needed on the menu for the next expac more than anything. The rehash rage is only now reducing to a simmer.

Which is funny to me as a raid I would imagine a good number of the people to complain if they did a heroic kara would be ones that never did it when it was new and only done it perhaps as a transmog run.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

The 'mirror image underground thing' isn't in lore or design docs, it is actually in game. Simply the entrance to it is blocked off with a gate and an instance portal. However, there is a bit of terrain by the entrance which is buggy, and you can jump/fall/get feared through it, which lands you in the reverse Kara. I've been, and the Hall of Upside Down Sinners alone is worth the trip.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Buddies wrote:
    Nobody wrote:

It is important to know how Siamat's little adds work. The third one is the one that triggers phase 2, and if you kill the third 1 first Phase 2 will start and the other 2 will still be alive. So everyone just attacks Siamat till the Third one spawns. The Tank marks the Adds, the first with like a Moon or Triangle or whatever, the Second with an X and the third with a Skull. Once you kill the third one, Phase 2 starts and as soon as you stop getting knocked around you gather up and kill the second one to refresh the buff. Then you just have to kill the third one to get the third buff before killing Siamat. Makes it much less stressfull than trying to kill him within 5 seconds after knocking everyone around, or accidentally killing the third one first not knowing it will set off phase 2 and he dies from 25% health before the other 2 can be killed.

Oh I know, I was all set to start marking them when the rest of the group said "naw, we'll just burn him down, it'll be easy with our current gear"

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote:

I came across that kind of pvp even in WotLK. I'd normally see the Crossroads under attack, go along and check it out, try chase off whatever it was. If I wasn't able to, I typically grouped up with others who were trying to level up alts or whatever.

This expansion, with the way guards are, in addition to all the faults that come with flying mounts when it comes to that kind of pvp, I've not had to go defend any town at all.

Crossroads was pretty cool too, not as easy for alliance to set up at so it didn't reach the same levels as classic Astranaar or Southshore. Had some epic fights in beta, though, especially the retaliations that pushed back to Astranaar in the last week... my first "raid" in WoW, heh.

Wrath still had some action there, but I never got the same sort of response as I did in Vanilla. Generally 3 or 4 at most, and that was one time in the year I played Wrath across PvE, PvP and an RP-PvP(not for long, was stupid bad). Compared to every night seeing at least 5 people ganking XR on a PvE server in Vanilla, not that impressive. Folks would rather grind battlegrounds and ping LFD.

I can't imagine how bad it is in Cata with the terrain being completely fucked up around half those areas and phasing all over the world. Wonder how much action Crossroads still gets.

• Options
    naengwen wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:

Crossroads was pretty cool too, not as easy for alliance to set up at so it didn't reach the same levels as classic Astranaar or Southshore. Had some epic fights in beta, though, especially the retaliations that pushed back to Astranaar in the last week... my first "raid" in WoW, heh.

Wrath still had some action there, but I never got the same sort of response as I did in Vanilla. Generally 3 or 4 at most, and that was one time in the year I played Wrath across PvE, PvP and an RP-PvP(not for long, was stupid bad). Compared to every night seeing at least 5 people ganking XR on a PvE server in Vanilla, not that impressive. Folks would rather grind battlegrounds and ping LFD.

I can't imagine how bad it is in Cata with the terrain being completely fucked up around half those areas and phasing all over the world. Wonder how much action Crossroads still gets.

The only major world PVP I've seen this expac (on a PVE server) is in the capitals with Alliance trying to farm honor off of Horde in that tunnel from Durotar to Org. I only occasionally see flagged people in other locations (Molten Front and Tol Barad being the biggest two).

• Options
    Decomposey wrote:

The 'mirror image underground thing' isn't in lore or design docs, it is actually in game. Simply the entrance to it is blocked off with a gate and an instance portal. However, there is a bit of terrain by the entrance which is buggy, and you can jump/fall/get feared through it, which lands you in the reverse Kara. I've been, and the Hall of Upside Down Sinners alone is worth the trip.

Not exactly. Inverse Karazhan is from the novel "The Last Guardian" - it's ultimately meant to be the place where Medivh was killed. It's supposed to be an upside-down mirror image of the tower. The underground area that is currently in-game is not necessarily the same thing (it's more of a cave/crypt with weird stuff in it) - though many assume it would have been the entrance to Inverse Karazhan. Honestly, it could have just as easily been meant for something else (i.e. like the entire rest of the zone that was never actually finished in Vanilla). IIRC in the book Inverse Karazhan was accessed from behind a painting or something.

At this point though, were they to add it, I'd guess they'd use this area as an entrance just because of how popular it is.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    naengwen wrote:
    Redcoat-13 wrote:

Crossroads doesn't get attacked at all. For 3 expansions it did, constantly, every day. If someone attacks a town now, they just get zerged by guards and the whole exercise is completely pointless.

But then, people can fly everywhere, so if by some miracle you meet someone and you chase them off, then they can just mount up and fly in the air for ages.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If you take a small group in, you can still decimate towns. You just can't walk in and own the place anymore if you're by yourself, which I always thought you shouldn't be able to do anyway.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    And lets be honest here. That was by far the lowest form of "pvp" that you could possibly do.

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    It would be awesome if they specifically set up little towns across the world for pvp like that. Also, I'm surprised they never made a Tarren Mill/Southshore battleground.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Looks like a new ptr patch is up. Ret got nerfed or something, judging from the qq on the forums.

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    Looks like a new ptr patch is up. Ret got nerfed or something, judging from the qq on the forums.

Retribution

Sanctified Retribution now increases the critical hit chance of Hammer of Wrath by 2/4/6%, down from 20/40/60%.
    Two-Handed Weapon Specialization (passive) now increases damage by 25%, up from 20%.

This discussion has been closed.