As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    He went down pretty easily for us once we got turning figured out.

We had one DPS just blaze away at the right foot the whole time, and another DPS that would either DPS the right foot to turn him faster, or dps the left foot to straighten him out. One of the ranged would occaisionally switch off of adds if we needed a particularly hard turn.

Once the guy switching between right and left got a handle on how quick he turned and when to call for switches, he was pretty easy.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kainy wrote: »
    People who have successfully done Rhyolith on 10 man, please share with me your strategy.

We spent like 3 hours on that motherfucker on Saturday, and by all reports he's super easy. This is after 2-shotting both Shannox and Beth'tilac.

I'd really like to know what the hell we're doing so wrong.

I have no idea what your comp is, but I'm assuming you have more than 1 melee DPS. What we did, was have our rogue, the mage, and myself open up on the right foot as soon as the fight triggered, with everyone else just sitting on their hands until adds spawned. After the first wave came out, we had the mage and rogue on the feet full time, with me as a swing whenever they said "hard ___". Substitute mage for whatever melee, I guess, but keep in mind that dots will still affect his movement; if you call for a hard left and there's dots on the right it'll be a bit tricky.

Don't beat yourself up about learning the fight, either, took us about 5 hours of learning to tune the DPS on the feet.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Cleave/dot damage on the wrong foot can make it really tough. As a frost DK, I just used Icy Touch instead of Howling Blast and it made it a ton easier to turn.

One other thing we noticed is that you really need to get down active volcanoes and not just any-old ones. Even if there an easy 3 in a row, if they're not on the way to the active one, make the hard turn the other way to get it, or raid damage just gets out of control.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Recycled content just might be WoW's swan song. I don't know how valid this is, but w/e, it sounds pretty cool.

http://i.imgur.com/wFw0v.png
    Since we had a bit of a mixup last time with some of the info on the Quests & Lore panel, I thought it would be a good idea to organize information about VotV all in one place. Fans will probably dump any questions they already have out of their heads when Mike introduces VotV during the o. ceremony, and we should be prepared to give some good Q and A about quests and story for the new product.

Feel free to add on anything you want and zing it back to me at the company email, but I’ve just prepped up a list with the Creative dept for some main points that we want to cover at the panel.

- Levels 85-90
    - “Vengeance of the Void” - Name derived from new enemy “The Void”
    - Expansion will also feature the Burning Legion as a central antagonist.
    - Years after the Burning Crusade, situation in Outland has become unstable. The Burning Legion has regained many lost footholds and made progress agianst the Draenei and other allies on the planet.
    - Explain that because of balancing issues we’d prefer not to add any more hero classes for the fors. future, so we decided to focus on fan fave races with new lore and other new features.
    - Explain Nexus Prince Hafari and the Protectorate’s role in the Alliance. Joins after starting experience in Karazhan and a battle with Prince Malchezaar with the help of the Alliance. Crash lands on the planet on an escape from K’aresh. Mention that Ethereals from Protectorate have a running gag with having worse ships than the Draenei.
    - Explain General Rashiss and the Coralbreach and Naga race role on Horde. Talk about the starting experience in Quel’thalas when Coral Breach is risen from the bottom of the ocean with sorcery.
    - Demon Hunters will play a big role in the expansion after the Sha’tar discovered Illidan Stormrage’s secret written works in Karabor. These works redeemed Illidan in the eye of the Naaru and the Draenei, and many Demon Hunters from all races have come to learn new secrets to fight against the Legion. Mention that Demon Hunters will not be playable.
    - Four new “planets” div’d. into subregions: K’aresh (Kahudi Stone Forest, Kalahad Vas, V’denir), Xoroth (Baneheart Landing, Felsteed Fields, Baldun Mountains), Argus (Mac'Aree, Cage of Sargeras, Forge Camp: Victory), The Nether (Voidbreak, K-13 Crash Site, The Span).
    - Two new starting zones: Deadwind Pass (1-10 Alliance) and Coralbreach (1-10 Horde). Both put the player in the center of the action and feature rich cinematics and stories, and some plain ol’ cool stuff.
    - A’dal will be the main antagonist of the expansion, or will he? The Void is mysterious, enigmatic, and isn’t so set in it’s goals like the Legion. The Void and A’dal even attempt to help players on a regular basis, especially in the revised “Shadows of Outland” questline in Hellfire (60-62).
    - A’dal was corrupted in the invasion of Shattrath City by the Void. Absorbed shadow energies into his body and became the “hive father” of the Void. Leads the Void’s armies through the Nether battling the Burning Legion, the Alliance, and the Horde.
    - Explosion from Deathwing’s demise shattered the Dark Portal, rendering it a major threat for Azeroth. Kirin Tor and Nethergarde work to seal the portal in an arcane shield to prevent Azeroth from being crushed by the pressure of Outland.
    - A ton of lore for the neglected Shadow Priest class. Lots of new story content for Shadow Priests and their interaction with the Void and A’dal.

Morvidus on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Funny if true considering the main plot of SC2 is a "Void" invasion.

Bikkstah on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It's fun finding people with obscure names in /2 and guessing their origins correctly. I had one guy today who had such an obscure forgotten realms name I had to refer to it as "the place that is north and east of these other two places."

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The last one there makes it pretty obvious it's fake to some degree.

Edit: Also that's apparently supposed to just be just page 1 out of 15? Even less believable.

Opty on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the advice about not cleaving rhyolith's legs is good advice. If you're hitting both legs at once you're not really doing anything to turn him

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I got my druid to 85 today. I went over to do the Thrall stuff, then the Firelands quests... and my shaman who just got to the Firelands today? Caught up to her in one day on my druid. They increased the amount of marks you get from some of the non-daily quests, I guess to speed up the process but still allow people to see the more eventful side. So, that's kinda cool. Though now I'm stuck doing the long haul on both of them.

Also, I'm not sure how to work the wild mushroom spell into DPS rotation, if at all. All I know is I'm having fun setting up mushrooms in Goldshire and exploding them on people. <_<

Henroid on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, Neglected Shadow Priest is a pretty dead give away.

Corpekata on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wild Mushrooms aren't in the rotation, they're just for add phases really.

Corpekata on
    edited July 2011
    Wild Mushroom is for aoe only. Moonkin AoE is Shrooms + Tab-Dotting with Moonfire and IS. Hurricane is never used.

Opty on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Opty wrote: »
    Wild Mushroom is for aoe only. Moonkin AoE is Shrooms + Tab-Dotting with Moonfire and IS. Hurricane is never used.

Well derp a herp derp on me then.

Also I'm having a very bad case of "Why the fuck am I playing? Fuck this game." and I don't know why.

Henroid on
    edited July 2011
    You can use Hurricane if you want I guess but it's a huge waste of mana for how much damage it does. In non-raid situations it's probably fine if you don't want to deal with the rigamarole of tab-dotting as long as you still use your shrooms.

Opty on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Skeith wrote: »
    People who have successfully done Rhyolith on 10 man, please share with me your strategy.

We spent like 3 hours on that motherfucker on Saturday, and by all reports he's super easy. This is after 2-shotting both Shannox and Beth'tilac.

I'd really like to know what the hell we're doing so wrong.

I have no idea what your comp is, but I'm assuming you have more than 1 melee DPS. What we did, was have our rogue, the mage, and myself open up on the right foot as soon as the fight triggered, with everyone else just sitting on their hands until adds spawned. After the first wave came out, we had the mage and rogue on the feet full time, with me as a swing whenever they said "hard ___". Substitute mage for whatever melee, I guess, but keep in mind that dots will still affect his movement; if you call for a hard left and there's dots on the right it'll be a bit tricky.

Don't beat yourself up about learning the fight, either, took us about 5 hours of learning to tune the DPS on the feet.

Our comp is prot paladin, bear druid, holy paladin, resto shaman, healing priest, ele shaman, arms, ass rogue, shadow priest, mage, though we had a hunter subbed in for the mage that day.

It just seemed like the raid damage got out of control a lot, and by the time we got his legs de-armored we were rarely in a good position, raid mana and number of volcanoes wise.

Is it damage dealt, or number of hits that affects the turning? I can't find a solid answer to that anywhere.

Edit: Also, thanks a lot for your reply. We really seem to need help on this fight, and I appreciate having a community of people to ask here on PA

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    edited July 2011
    Rhyolith really only needs one tank, so if one or the other can become a dps, that might help you.

The majority of the raid damage is avoidable, but you have to react pretty quickly to the volcano lines and the spark when it pops up. Running him over volcanoes in a timely fashion helps a lot with this too.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Part of the utility of tab-dotting as opposed to hurricaning as a moonkin is that it lets you keep lunar shower going, which reduces the mana cost of aoeing from "crushing" to "moderate."

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited July 2011
    For that fight we did have our Bear go moonkin, though our paladin kind of sucks, which made the adds more difficult to deal with. Fortunately, he's being replaced shortly.

And yeah, the lava lines were a significant issue in the beginning, but now people rarely get hit. Hopefully we can get him down this Saturday.

Also, I like how I, the ele shaman, am getting our first Dragonwrath simply by default. Mage didn't show up that day, and the shadow priest hadn't gone and done the questchain to be able to accept the Eternal Embers.

I really hope Ele gets buffed, as otherwise I would've been the last to get it because Ele just sorta blows right now, compared to our other casters.

Kainy on
    edited July 2011
    Part of the utility of tab-dotting as opposed to hurricaning as a moonkin is that it lets you keep lunar shower going, which reduces the mana cost of aoeing from "crushing" to "moderate."

I know a lot of high level Boomkins have argued over whether or not Lunar Shower's useful anymore now that it can push you out of Solar if you're not careful. I haven't seen anything since the hotfix where they fixed the /cancelaura trick with it though so tomorrow I'll probably try and do some math and see if the damage-per-mana calcs for Moonfire without LS is still higher than Hurricane.

Opty on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Is it damage dealt, or number of hits that affects the turning? I can't find a solid answer to that anywhere

I'm honestly unsure of that, because when we had everyone unloading on the right leg the bar didn't fill all that much faster than when it was just three people. I think it's damage dealt though, because he gets easier to deal with as the damage reduction gets lowered.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Henroid wrote: »

Also I'm having a very bad case of "Why the fuck am I playing? Fuck this game." and I don't know why.

I am also having this problem as well
    Also not fucking pet again this year

Brainleech on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So after nearly 3 years or whatever, finally got the stupid green proto-drake from the Oracle egg.

So now I just have one important question: If I switch to Frenzyheart, can I murder the fuck out of that Oracles vendor? I don't even want to calculate how much money I wasted on rotten eggs and tickbirds.

Lars on
    edited July 2011
    I'm not sure if he's attackable, but by god, man, you're free to try.

I gave up on the green proto drake after like 3 solid months. I have a red one that I use instead, and will never have the bronze one I wanted :P

Kainy on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Morvidus wrote: »
    Recycled content just might be WoW's swan song. I don't know how valid this is, but w/e, it sounds pretty cool.

Since we had a bit of a mixup last time with some of the info on the Quests & Lore panel, I thought it would be a good idea to organize information about VotV all in one place. Fans will probably dump any questions they already have out of their heads when Mike introduces VotV during the o. ceremony, and we should be prepared to give some good Q and A about quests and story for the new product.

Feel free to add on anything you want and zing it back to me at the company email, but I’ve just prepped up a list with the Creative dept for some main points that we want to cover at the panel.

- Levels 85-90
    - Years after the Burning Crusade, situation in Outland has become unstable. The Burning Legion has regained many lost footholds and made progress agianst the Draenei and other allies on the planet.
    - Explain that because of balancing issues we’d prefer not to add any more hero classes for the fors. future, so we decided to focus on fan fave races with new lore and other new features.
    - Explain Nexus Prince Hafari and the Protectorate’s role in the Alliance. Joins after starting experience in Karazhan and a battle with Prince Malchezaar with the help of the Alliance. Crash lands on the planet on an escape from K’aresh. Mention that Ethereals from Protectorate have a running gag with having worse ships than the Draenei.
    - Explain General Rashiss and the Coralbreach and Naga race role on Horde. Talk about the starting experience in Quel’thalas when Coral Breach is risen from the bottom of the ocean with sorcery.
    - Demon Hunters will play a big role in the expansion after the Sha’tar discovered Illidan Stormrage’s secret written works in Karabor. These works redeemed Illidan in the eye of the Naaru and the Draenei, and many Demon Hunters from all races have come to learn new secrets to fight against the Legion. Mention that Demon Hunters will not be playable.
    - Four new “planets” div’d. into subregions: K’aresh (Kahudi Stone Forest, Kalahad Vas, V’denir), Xoroth (Baneheart Landing, Felsteed Fields, Baldun Mountains), Argus (Mac'Aree, Cage of Sargeras, Forge Camp: Victory), The Nether (Voidbreak, K-13 Crash Site, The Span).
    - Two new starting zones: Deadwind Pass (1-10 Alliance) and Coralbreach (1-10 Horde). Both put the player in the center of the action and feature rich cinematics and stories, and some plain ol’ cool stuff.
    - A’dal will be the main antagonist of the expansion, or will he? The Void is mysterious, enigmatic, and isn’t so set in it’s goals like the Legion. The Void and A’dal even attempt to help players on a regular basis, especially in the revised “Shadows of Outland” questline in Hellfire (60-62).
    - A’dal was corrupted in the invasion of Shattrath City by the Void. Absorbed shadow energies into his body and became the “hive father” of the Void. Leads the Void’s armies through the Nether battling the Burning Legion, the Alliance, and the Horde.
    - Explosion from Deathwing’s demise shattered the Dark Portal, rendering it a major threat for Azeroth. Kirin Tor and Nethergarde work to seal the portal in an arcane shield to prevent Azeroth from being crushed by the pressure of Outland.
    - A ton of lore for the neglected Shadow Priest class. Lots of new story content for Shadow Priests and their interaction with the Void and A’dal.

As far as fan fic is concerned (if it is fan fic) - seems pretty interesting to me.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    'fan favorite races' and 'those annoying guys in outlands' don't really seem to go together very well

INeedNoSalt on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Whenever I fly over Thrallmar, I always feel bad for those poor grunts that are STILL stationed in Hellfire Peninsula.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited July 2011
    ED! wrote: »

- Levels 85-90

As far as fan fic is concerned (if it is fan fic) - seems pretty interesting to me.

Confirmed to be false, stop giving it attention.

Henroid on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    Whenever I fly over Thrallmar, I always feel bad for those poor grunts that are STILL stationed in Hellfire Peninsula.
    That guy in Honor Hold is STILL in the outhouse. Dude it's been four years now, anything that hasn't come out yet is never coming out.

Fairchild on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Maybe there should be a follow-up quest for the Outhouse to bring him those poop seeds from Grizzly Hills.

Fairchild on
  • MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »

- Levels 85-90

Confirmed to be false, stop giving it attention.

This would have taken Naga jokes to a whole new level.

Morvidus on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Start playing again after the patch. Find myself thinking my DK sucks ass at tanking compared to my war/druid. Find out that the shield from death strike stacks now. Things get better, even if still a bit more squirrely at times.

Kind of strange that DK tanking requires so much more attention to resources than any other tank and also seems the most dangerous in terms of spikes. I feel like I have to play really well to match my faceroll tanking with the other classes. Which is good, in a way, but also kind of meh.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I got a great phishing email today:
    Greetings!

When you take to the skies astride a blazing, eagle-winged lion, your comrades will know you mean business. Serious business. So saddle up, because this flying mount will travel as fast as your riding skill will take you, and it can even travel at 310% speed if you have at least one other 310% speed mount.

Once activated, this World of Warcraft in-game pet key applies to all present and future characters on a single World of Warcraft license.

less than 10 minutes to complete. No account information is required to participate in this survey.
    we will be complimentary seat to the 5,000 players. You can log Web site application, we will be lucky players randomly.Please click this link to apply wehackuraccount.biz

If your account passes the check successfully, we will send a code for the Winged Guardian flying mount to you in the form of e-mail!

The World of Warcraft Support Team

Serious Business

Aeyther on
    edited July 2011
    are people actually successfully selling these 378 boes for 75,000 gold?

INeedNoSalt on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    are people actually successfully selling these 378 boes for 75,000 gold?

Don't think so. They're already down to 25-50k on my server. Another couple/few weeks and I'll probably start looking to fill in slots for 10k~

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited July 2011
    I wish they'd start dropping. I'm totally willing to sink 20k into a pair of the axes, but 75,000 gold each? That's like two months of fucking around on the AH, if I'm at it every day. More, maybe, since they've been consistently nerfing the profit from JCing.

INeedNoSalt on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    My raid of 4+ years might be entering it's dismantling phase. It all started with the legendry and who is going to get. Of the 4 casters, 1 is leaving with another who might be (RL also). Which stirred more conversations on vent, resulting in other expressing other interests or if one is done so are they etc.

Raid still on as per usual this week, but I think everyone waiting is for that first person to leave the party. Not totally sure how I feel about this yet, or if i want/should start shopping for a new raid. It's always so hard to find the "right one" where everyone shares the same mentality (and scheduale!). :(

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited July 2011
    Arguing about the legendary is dumb since it's got 3 phases and you can have a different person collecting the crap from each phase at the same time and the last phase is just killing Rag so it doesn't even last long.

Opty on
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, that's the thing people seem to have kind of not understood. Yeah, someone else gets the embers first, but it won't be that long until you start collecting yours, too.

My warlock's raid didn't go last week due to circumstances, so we'll have that fight on wednesday. Me or our spriest will get the first one, but I dunno how we'll decide.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Well it wasn't an arguement that started it, just intiated the conversation which lead to "I would want it but I am leaving in X time." I for one could care less, we seen enough drama over the years with Legendaries.

But I still couldn't help chuckle alittle that it's going to someone who may or may not quit.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    no ice chip

and to add to my woes, this group didn't even wait for me to zone in before they started the event

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.