As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Got through 2 bosses, shannox and beth last night in my group. Got shannox filmed and once I finish that video up might post it here. I plan on doing vids with every boss now since it's pretty fun (and I have a good computer a huge HDD and fraps).

Oghulk on
  • TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Our guild is lucky. "So guys, who should get the legendary?" Everyone gives the same answer.

Topia on
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Same for us, zero drama.

Also, 6/7 after 12 hours. Have a whole night on Rag tonight...

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So some fellow apparently attempted to start a new BNet account under the e-mail address I formerly used for BNet. Is he just checking if there's still an account under it or what? I mean, there should be nothing there anymore and he'd have to have access to my e-mail to confirm it anyways so what the hell.

Or is it just phishing? I didn't notice any bad grammar/spelling. I deleted it because I wasn't too concerned so I got nothing else to say really. Hrmmm...

Oh yeah. And I changed my e-mail password to be on the safe side.

Monsty on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Monsty wrote: »
    So some fellow apparently attempted to start a new BNet account under the e-mail address I formerly used for BNet. Is he just checking if there's still an account under it or what? I mean, there should be nothing there anymore and he'd have to have access to my e-mail to confirm it anyways so what the hell.

Or is it just phishing? I didn't notice any bad grammar/spelling. I deleted it because I wasn't too concerned so I got nothing else to say really. Hrmmm...

Oh yeah. And I changed my e-mail password to be on the safe side.

see this h/a thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=144219

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Friends of mine decided they'll just be giving me the shit for the staff seeing as how the only other user last night was a pug priest and it's mainly a bunch of friends of us that will be running the raids so...yay me if I ever eventually get it...

Oghulk on
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kainy wrote: »
    People who have successfully done Rhyolith on 10 man, please share with me your strategy.

We spent like 3 hours on that motherfucker on Saturday, and by all reports he's super easy. This is after 2-shotting both Shannox and Beth'tilac.

I'd really like to know what the hell we're doing so wrong.

What classes do you have on the legs? We had an Arms Warrior, Me (Rogue), and an Enh Shaman.
    We were having issues (he wasnt turning well enough) so I switched from Assassination to Comnat and we got it that attempt.

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited July 2011
    ugh

the amount of dps dks unwilling to take responsibility for their threat is truly frustrating

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    No ice chip again this year. =/

Also took my Resto Druid ~ 15 runs to get the Agi cloak, I'd hoped it wouldn't be that bad now that everyone and their brother has the Thrall quest one. (I took the Int cloak from the quest, but solo stuff as feral since I loathe Boomkining) Fun stuff, had it drop on three separate runs with the same result: I ask nicely if I could need for offspec. I get "sure" x3 and then the 4th douchegoose with the 365 cloak needs on it (and of course wins) and tells me to fuck off. No, fuck you sir, enjoy your 45 minute DPS queues since you just need to be a prick.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    ugh

the amount of dps dks unwilling to take responsibility for their threat is truly frustrating

I remember back in TBC hunters were among the top DPS classes for "watch your goddamn threat gen." Had nothing to do with tanks being undergeared / underskilled and everything to do with "stop blowing your goddamn wad DPS'ing, there's a certain amount of pace required."

Henroid on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    People who have successfully done Rhyolith on 10 man, please share with me your strategy.

We spent like 3 hours on that motherfucker on Saturday, and by all reports he's super easy. This is after 2-shotting both Shannox and Beth'tilac.

What classes do you have on the legs? We had an Arms Warrior, Me (Rogue), and an Enh Shaman.
    We were having issues (he wasnt turning well enough) so I switched from Assassination to Comnat and we got it that attempt.

What about combat helped? Currently we have an Arms Warrior and an Assassination rogue on the legs.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    edited July 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    ugh

I remember back in TBC hunters were among the top DPS classes for "watch your goddamn threat gen." Had nothing to do with tanks being undergeared / underskilled and everything to do with "stop blowing your goddamn wad DPS'ing, there's a certain amount of pace required."

it's partially that and partially that dks/warriors have no threat tools as dps right now

so yeah

I've reached the point where I've just started telling off random ones who do stupid things

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I still pop onto Moon Guard often enough, but over the last few weeks the population in Goldshire has been taking a serious dive.

Henroid on
    edited July 2011

What about combat helped? Currently we have an Arms Warrior and an Assassination rogue on the legs.

First off, I would recommend a third DPS. Only need 1 tank.

Mutilate Rogues have really shitty target switching. Combat is less so.

Also, Mutilate have rupture +5dp stacks ticking on the leg you are NOT attacking on a swap. That fights the balance towards the direction you don't want to go. Our ability to change his direction was greatly improved when is wapped.

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited July 2011

First off, I would recommend a third DPS. Only need 1 tank.

Mutilate Rogues have really shitty target switching. Combat is less so.

Also, Mutilate have rupture +5dp stacks ticking on the leg you are NOT attacking on a swap. That fights the balance towards the direction you don't want to go. Our ability to change his direction was greatly improved when is wapped.

We were only using one tank, we had a ele shaman, shadow priest, boomkin, and hunter all mostly focusing on add control.

Later in our attempts we started having just the shadow priest deal with the 5 adds, but all the ranged would go nuts on the big add. Thanks for the info, we'll make good use of it this next raid (I hope).

Kainy on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I went to play Starcraft 2 the other day but couldn't get into it because I was entering the wrong password. I reset it, worried a little that someone got it and play my SC2 then finish up.

A few days later I get a message saying that my WoW account has been suspended to due to suspicious activity and the same day a friend mentions in passing that he and another friend got back into WoW casually and why didn't I tell them I had since I was logged in from time to time. Also not encouraging and the whole thing was supposed to be inactive anyway. I don't play anymore, but I figure, hey, if I ever want to play it again I might as well have it it available.

So after some wrangling with Blizzard it is restored. I log in this morning, expecting to have to dig through a million bags resorting gear to my characters when to my suprise my paladin's bags are not empty.

In fact, they're full. Very full. As is my mail box.
    IMG_0123.jpg

Full of flowers and magic rocks I've never encountered before and the glorious capitalist proceeds of such items. Pages and pages of completed sales. It seems they must have found the account to be used so little they decided to make it the hub of their gold farming for the server or something along those lines.

After spending the better part of an hour emptying out the mail box I pretty much will be able to level up Engineering and only need to farm whatever is inbetween Titansteel and Elementium. With a rather substantial bank roll to boot.

Kelor on
    edited July 2011
    Sometimes people advertise: LFM town RP

That's not bad. But then there's: LFM family RP

And I wonder what help they need. But there's a new trend: LFM college RP

And I'm sure there's nothing getting lower. But wait: LFM SOUTHPARK RP PST

I want to die.

Henroid on
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kelor wrote: »
    *snip*

ROFL nice one.

That's definately a rare situation you have there.. Most ppl would come back to an empty account hehe.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    First week. 3/7 for Firelands.

Lessons Learned.

Beth'tilac - Make sure Web Team 6 lets everyone know when they are going up and comming back down. Also, If you leave 2 spinners up on the web, Web Team 6 can immediately go back up and she only AEs for a couple seconds + you get more DPS time up on her up there. Not much of a difference in healing downstairs. Just make sure after they go up for the 3rd time to start killing all spinners.

Shannox - Easy fight if your Tanks were able to kill Karsh the Steelbender within 3 pulls of ever seeing him and having the fight explained to them. ALSO, make sure you have someone with a hard hitting instant cast attack to be ready to unleash on Rageface right at the pull. GO FOR THE THROAT!

Rhyolith - Pretend his platform is Ice, and it's like any game ever. He kind of tends to keep momentum. So don't wait till he is pointed at a volcano before you start DPSing his other foot, because he is going to keep turning that direction and it will take longer to get him to the Volcano.

Baleroc - Please for the love of god healers. TALK TO EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys do not have ESP, please let eachother know what you're currently doing and when you switch to another target. And DPS, if it isn't your turn to stand next to a crystal, please do not wait till it spawns and starts attacking you before you move because by then it is way too late.

Wasted too much time trying to 1 tank Baleroc. BA HOO! And his Enrage Timer is really fucking tight, you cannot have any DPS die, or even a Tank for that matter since I died (Twice) on one attempt, and they 9 manned up to 5:50 into the fight, and we all died to the enrage.

Buddies on
    edited July 2011
    The kill Rageface first strat is pretty legit imo.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm glad at least somebody else thinks the baleroc enrage is super tight
    The kill Rageface first strat is pretty legit imo

this is how we did it. The damage on the MT seemed pretty reasonable

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I went to play Starcraft 2 the other day but couldn't get into it because I was entering the wrong password. I reset it, worried a little that someone got it and play my SC2 then finish up.

A few days later I get a message saying that my WoW account has been suspended to due to suspicious activity and the same day a friend mentions in passing that he and another friend got back into WoW casually and why didn't I tell them I had since I was logged in from time to time. Also not encouraging and the whole thing was supposed to be inactive anyway. I don't play anymore, but I figure, hey, if I ever want to play it again I might as well have it it available.

So after some wrangling with Blizzard it is restored. I log in this morning, expecting to have to dig through a million bags resorting gear to my characters when to my suprise my paladin's bags are not empty.

IMG_0123.jpg

Full of flowers and magic rocks I've never encountered before and the glorious capitalist proceeds of such items. Pages and pages of completed sales. It seems they must have found the account to be used so little they decided to make it the hub of their gold farming for the server or something along those lines.

After spending the better part of an hour emptying out the mail box I pretty much will be able to level up Engineering and only need to farm whatever is inbetween Titansteel and Elementium. With a rather substantial bank roll to boot.
    If you still have a mountain of gold in your game wallet, don't be surprised if you hear from a GM about it.

Fairchild on
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fairchild wrote: »

IMG_0123.jpg

If you still have a mountain of gold in your game wallet, don't be surprised if you hear from a GM about it.

Because everyone knows that GMs run protection rackets.

Grape Ape on
  • IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    IMG_0123.jpg

Did you... take a picture of your monitor? :lol:

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    It's still a form of screen shot..

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    IndieGirl wrote: »

I took that photo initially to send to the friends I mentioned to show them how crazy it was, at that point it was easier to just upload it than to take it again.

Kelor on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Fairchild wrote: »

IMG_0123.jpg

They don't care. I had my account hacked, and the guy mailed everything on my account that wasn't soulbound to another character; his account got locked before he could open it, and thirty days later I got all my stuff back. Since the GMs had already restored the account, I effectively doubled up (which was awesome since I had like 6 primordial saronite banked across three characters.) Never heard a thing.

Salvation122 on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    My hijacking story is they sold everything that was soulbound besides my gear and mailed that and everything else that wasn't nailed down to my bank character. Then they stripped him completely and sent it all off to a third party and then deleted him (they used my main for herb farming which is why he wasn't deleted). On account restore I ended up with all my stuff back on my main and the same stuff on my bank from when he had it right before he was deleted so I effectively not only doubled my actual items but I doubled my gold as well. I contacted the GMs and they responded with a stock letter basically saying "what you got is what you got and we're not going to change it" probably meant for people who were complaining about stuff missing but either way I accepted it as ok and made mad bank off of it all.

Opty on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So

How is the final boss of Zul'Gurub supposed to go?

Because it goes perfectly when I play my DK, and it goes horrible when I play my healer.

When I play my DK, I kill every add I come across, usually running around and murdering them as they spawn.

When I heal, I almost invariably die to 3-4 adds cornering me, or ending up in a position where I have to stop moving to heal somebody and getting killed by the nearby adds.

Am I doing something wrong when I'm healing, or what?

INeedNoSalt on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    IndieGirl wrote: »

I took that photo initially to send to the friends I mentioned to show them how crazy it was, at that point it was easier to just upload it than to take it again.

I had to because I was in Iraq and was using a different computer all the time
    DSC00064.jpg
    DSC00063.jpg

Brainleech on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    looking thorugh trying to find the two pics I just posted I would like to talk about an arguement and my failure over the holiday
    Out of bordem I would take my horde alts on my 2nd account around on the rocket for the loads of free exp{3 to 7 levels! with rested and heriloom gear} for about a hours worth of work {I would eat dinner or something else while doing this} So I tried to see if anyone else wanted it for 50g{you make about at level 9 to 15 about 7g anyways} I did not get any interest since people said it was not worth the effort

My brother turned me down since I said I could jsut leave my paladin on and he could double box it. But he said he never that bored

I guess I am because way back in October of 08
    Because I walked my two blood elf paladins all over the world and outland
    WoWScrnShot_103108_200146.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_103108_200142.jpg

It would be nice if blizzard offered a multiperson flying mount because the drake is far to expenive and hard to get

Brainleech on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So

Because it goes perfectly when I play my DK, and it goes horrible when I play my healer.

When I play my DK, I kill every add I come across, usually running around and murdering them as they spawn.

When I heal, I almost invariably die to 3-4 adds cornering me, or ending up in a position where I have to stop moving to heal somebody and getting killed by the nearby adds.

Nope.

Basically you need to get one DPS to just clean up all the ghosts, otherwise they murder the healer. I think it's best to just call someone out: "<insert name here> please just kill ghosts the whole time in P2, the other DPS can go on the chains" And take a player with non-terrible dps for that, otherwise he will get overwhelmed, too.

For reference, the full strat for Jin'do:
    P1: when he casts Shadows of Hakkar, move into the Deadzone.

P2: Don't stand in purple stuff.
    One DPS kills adds, as outlined above.
    The tank grabs a Gurubashi Spirit from downstairs, when he body slams someone, the target player (who gets an arrow on his head) has to move to an unbroken chain. As a healer you can just stand on a chain the whole time. The Body Slam breaks the shield on the chain. The 2 free DPS then kill the chain. Do this three times and you're done.
    You can either kill the Gurubashi Spirits and have the tank get a new one or keep the same spirit for all 3 chains.
    You can even leave the chains until all 3 are unshielded and have all DPS just go after ghosts at first but that shouldn't be necessary.

Grobian on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    I am annoyed that mustaches don't come through ninja mask models. Now my DanMcNinja will forever be incomplete.

JustinSane07 on
    edited July 2011
    Grobian wrote: »
    So

Nope.

Basically you need to get one DPS to just clean up all the ghosts, otherwise they murder the healer. I think it's best to just call someone out: "<insert name here> please just kill ghosts the whole time in P2, the other DPS can go on the chains" And take a player with non-terrible dps for that, otherwise he will get overwhelmed, too.

Yeah, as usually happens to healers, it's your group failing you, and then you feel like it was your fault.

A ranged DPS with enough gear to be there can clean up a lot of adds really quickly. Other than that, run away, use whatever abilities you have to avoid them (earthbind, fear, holy radiance sprint, dash) and yes, tell the DPS to do their damn job.

Kainy on
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Did Beth atempts last night, and have come to the realization that my raids DPS may just not be up to par. Sending up one DPS with the tank and healer on the web, and get overwhelmed by adds below. Even with no spiderlings getting to the drone, the second one it out before the first dies. And spiderings aren't being killed quickly, the drones have to be kited around the room otherwise they get spiderling noms. And by the time the third drone walks out, there are at least six spinners hanging out spitting at us.

Spiderlings coming from the left of me, spiderings coming from the right, raid in front of me, nowhere to move behind, and a raid leader tells me to move the drones. Only the forsight of keeping my finger off the talk key kept my raid from getting a loud explosion of profanity at this point.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    edited July 2011
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Did Beth atempts last night, and have come to the realization that my raids DPS may just not be up to par. Sending up one DPS with the tank and healer on the web, and get overwhelmed by adds below. Even with no spiderlings getting to the drone, the second one it out before the first dies. And spiderings aren't being killed quickly, the drones have to be kited around the room otherwise they get spiderling noms. And by the time the third drone walks out, there are at least six spinners hanging out spitting at us.

Spiderlings coming from the left of me, spiderings coming from the right, raid in front of me, nowhere to move behind, and a raid leader tells me to move the drones. Only the forsight of keeping my finger off the talk key kept my raid from getting a loud explosion of profanity at this point.

Yeah, you definitely need a certain amount of DPS for that fight. Also you might have gimped AoE classes in your raid.

On that fight, we're riding high on our Shadow Priest's completely insane AoE, though we didn't do a lot of damage to Beth before she came down as a result of sending only one dude up after her.

Kainy on
  • ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    went on vacation for a week -- came back and there have been some changes... officers demoting themselves and I believe the GM is going to be either taking a break or quitting. He was a great tank and lead raids so it will be interesting. I volunteered to tank if need be and surprisingly I think they are actually thinking about it. I have never raid tanked but my prot set is 355 [holy set is 361?].

Anyone here have any suggestions just in case my number gets called? My main concern is actually the trash in FL since the bosses are not super tank oriented, at least the first ones I have watched haven't been that way. If the GM isn't there, I don't know who will be the RL / marking of mobs, so I would like to be prepared. I have done a couple small trash runs as holy [a few packs here and there].

I am a prot pally and here are my stats -- hopefully they will be good enough:
    Armory:
    Armor 36095
    Dodge 12.14%
    Parry 14.26%
    Block 55.12%
    Expertise: 4% [with SoT it goes up to 14%]
    Hit: .55%
    It also shows 157k hp in armory, not sure what that will be with buffs.

ToddJewell on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    some of the strats for beth including just sending a tank and healer up. this allows for all 5 dps to be downstairs.

of course, I've only heard this working on 25 man, and don't have any reliable reports for 10 man.

belligerent on
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Decomposey wrote: »

Yeah, you definitely need a certain amount of DPS for that fight. Also you might have gimped AoE classes in your raid.

On that fight, we're riding high on our Shadow Priest's completely insane AoE, though we didn't do a lot of damage to Beth before she came down as a result of sending only one dude up after her.

We have our Hunter go Survival and he pretty much Solo's the Spiderlings. If they get close to the Drone the other DPS will smite them down, but for the most part he can kill them himself.

I wouldn't write off your DPS just yet. I think everyone feels like they are getting Overwhelmed by Spinners on the 3rd round. And Tanking two drones at the same time is not the end of the world as long as the First drone is close to death, just call for them to focus on finishing the Drone when a new one spawns.

Our Beth'tilac Strategy.
    3 Up, 7 down. Tank + Arms Warrior + Holy Paladin (Some groups will need to swap healers after Devastation). DPS Downstairs is Survival Hunter killing Spiderlings, Arcane Mage and Shadow Priest on Drone/Spiderlings, and a Frost DK on Drones who also taunts down Spinners for me to Grab and tank with the Drone. The Spinners die to Cleave damage. He will leave 2 Hanging for the Tank and Healer to taunt down and get back up to the Top. After the Second Devestation and the Top team gets back up there, the Shadow Priest will start dotting up all the Spinners along with the DK continuing to taunt them down for me to tank.

When she is under 1000 energy on the third climb up, all DPS switches to Spiderlings, and we get the last spinners off the web for me to tank. All spiderlings will be dead when she comes down and I had a Drone and 2 Spinners on me. Which is fine, because you have time to kill them before you have to Taunt off the MT from Widow's Kiss.

When learning the fight, our biggest issue was learning how to control the Spinners. A lot of wipes due to not having Spinners for the Top team to get back up there, or having just one spinner and the Tank waiting for another for his healer but then the line would disappear right before he jumped on and the healer was headed up to his doom.

Buddies on
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I basically quit after doing everything except al'akir at launch, coming back and doing ZA/ZG and Firelands dailies feels like one great big content patch.

It seems like the community has managed to somehow get even worse, but all these new lewtz sure are shiny.

Walt on
This discussion has been closed.