As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW][CHAT] Patch 4.3 updated on PTR. Did your class get nerfed? InQQuire inside.

• BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    ToddJewell wrote: »
    went on vacation for a week -- came back and there have been some changes... officers demoting themselves and I believe the GM is going to be either taking a break or quitting. He was a great tank and lead raids so it will be interesting. I volunteered to tank if need be and surprisingly I think they are actually thinking about it. I have never raid tanked but my prot set is 355 [holy set is 361?].

Anyone here have any suggestions just in case my number gets called? My main concern is actually the trash in FL since the bosses are not super tank oriented, at least the first ones I have watched haven't been that way. If the GM isn't there, I don't know who will be the RL / marking of mobs, so I would like to be prepared. I have done a couple small trash runs as holy [a few packs here and there].

I am a prot pally and here are my stats -- hopefully they will be good enough:
    Armory:
    Armor 36095
    Dodge 12.14%
    Parry 14.26%
    Block 55.12%
    Expertise: 4% [with SoT it goes up to 14%]
    Hit: .55%
    It also shows 157k hp in armory, not sure what that will be with buffs.

This Post on MMO-Champion explains most of the trash
    Molten Lord:

-Places fire patches on the ground that explode causing damage and knocking players back
    -Places a stacking DoT on the tank requiring a tank swap

Snake Pats:

-CCable
    -Cauterizers are the healers

Flamewalker Overseer:

-Cleaves with damage that is split amongst players (AKA stack up)

Scorpions:

-Explode upon death?

Turtles:

-Mother turtle shields, hitting the shield knocks players back
    -Little turtles spin doing AOE damage and knocking players back (spread out)
    -One tank takes mom the other takes babies

Pyrelord & Friends:

-Kill Pyrelord first
    -Once Pyrelord is dead, drag the melee add into the AOE fire to take off his shield

Magma Channeling Guys:

-Each time the big guy gets a 25% damage buff, one of the magma channelers loses its shield and should be burned
    -If the Magma elemental in the middle channels to 100 he comes out regardless of fight status and kills the raid
    -Once all channelers are dead the elemental comes out. The lower his energy the less the damage that he does.

Giant Core Hounds:

-Fire Cone
    -Gobble the tank requiring a tank swap
    -AoE fear soon after gobbling a tank

Ragers (the Rock Elemental dudes)

-Charge random players causing a large radius AoE (spread out)

Core Hounds:

Task Master Packs:

Various Boss Trash:

Switch Tanks on Molten Giants at 4 stacks. Everything else is pretty much Tank and face away from the Raid. Spread out on Surgers, Stack up on Hounds. Stack on Overseers(Single Naga) as he does cleave damage spread across who he hits.

You should be fine for Firelands. Just research the boss fights.

Buddies on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You guys think a 7mbps internet connection is sufficient to play this game? How about for arena and rated BGs? Raiding?

Just curious.

7mb connection here is $20 per month, but a 12mb connection is over $50. It's goddamn criminal.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    some of the strats for beth including just sending a tank and healer up. this allows for all 5 dps to be downstairs.

of course, I've only heard this working on 25 man, and don't have any reliable reports for 10 man.

We tried this in 10m, wiped on the enrage timer.

We did 1 dps up, rest down.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    ToddJewell wrote: »
    went on vacation for a week -- came back and there have been some changes... officers demoting themselves and I believe the GM is going to be either taking a break or quitting. He was a great tank and lead raids so it will be interesting. I volunteered to tank if need be and surprisingly I think they are actually thinking about it. I have never raid tanked but my prot set is 355 [holy set is 361?].

Anyone here have any suggestions just in case my number gets called? My main concern is actually the trash in FL since the bosses are not super tank oriented, at least the first ones I have watched haven't been that way. If the GM isn't there, I don't know who will be the RL / marking of mobs, so I would like to be prepared. I have done a couple small trash runs as holy [a few packs here and there].

I am a prot pally and here are my stats -- hopefully they will be good enough:
    Armory:
    Armor 36095
    Dodge 12.14%
    Parry 14.26%
    Block 55.12%
    Expertise: 4% [with SoT it goes up to 14%]
    Hit: .55%
    It also shows 157k hp in armory, not sure what that will be with buffs.

This Post on MMO-Champion explains most of the trash
    Molten Lord:

-Places fire patches on the ground that explode causing damage and knocking players back
    -Places a stacking DoT on the tank requiring a tank swap

Snake Pats:

-CCable
    -Cauterizers are the healers

Flamewalker Overseer:

-Cleaves with damage that is split amongst players (AKA stack up)

Scorpions:

-Explode upon death?

Turtles:

-Mother turtle shields, hitting the shield knocks players back
    -Little turtles spin doing AOE damage and knocking players back (spread out)
    -One tank takes mom the other takes babies

Pyrelord & Friends:

-Kill Pyrelord first
    -Once Pyrelord is dead, drag the melee add into the AOE fire to take off his shield

Magma Channeling Guys:

-Each time the big guy gets a 25% damage buff, one of the magma channelers loses its shield and should be burned
    -If the Magma elemental in the middle channels to 100 he comes out regardless of fight status and kills the raid
    -Once all channelers are dead the elemental comes out. The lower his energy the less the damage that he does.

Giant Core Hounds:

-Fire Cone
    -Gobble the tank requiring a tank swap
    -AoE fear soon after gobbling a tank

Ragers (the Rock Elemental dudes)

-Charge random players causing a large radius AoE (spread out)

Core Hounds:

Task Master Packs:

Various Boss Trash:

Switch Tanks on Molten Giants at 4 stacks. Everything else is pretty much Tank and face away from the Raid. Spread out on Surgers, Stack up on Hounds. Stack on Overseers(Single Naga) as he does cleave damage spread across who he hits.

You should be fine for Firelands. Just research the boss fights.

And keep in mind that there are no guard rails in Firelands, tanking that first giant the wrong way can cause a hilarious tank death.

(note: didn't happen to me, did happen to the other guy I was tanking with).

Oh, and the Scorpions do blow up, you gotta get them low then single target them down. They also seem to do this weird spread out thing where the tank keeps aggro on them, but they wander out into the raid.

Nobody on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    You guys think a 7mbps internet connection is sufficient to play this game? How about for arena and rated BGs? Raiding?

Just curious.

7mb connection here is $20 per month, but a 12mb connection is over $50. It's goddamn criminal.

Why wouldn't it? 1mbps would be perfectly fine, too. It's not like WoW is transmitting tons of data all the time.

Grobian on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't know how much bandwidth is actually necessary, though. And there could be any number of other programs on my computer sending data, too.

I just was looking for an opinion.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    7mbps is wildly sufficient for the amount of data WoW needs to send/receive. Latency is a much bigger concern

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the opinion is that 7mpbs would be fine for wow. probably not fine for wow+torrents+netflix+3 other computers, but that wow does not use a ton of bandwith on it's own.

belligerent on
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Kainy wrote: »
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Did Beth atempts last night, and have come to the realization that my raids DPS may just not be up to par. Sending up one DPS with the tank and healer on the web, and get overwhelmed by adds below. Even with no spiderlings getting to the drone, the second one it out before the first dies. And spiderings aren't being killed quickly, the drones have to be kited around the room otherwise they get spiderling noms. And by the time the third drone walks out, there are at least six spinners hanging out spitting at us.

Spiderlings coming from the left of me, spiderings coming from the right, raid in front of me, nowhere to move behind, and a raid leader tells me to move the drones. Only the forsight of keeping my finger off the talk key kept my raid from getting a loud explosion of profanity at this point.

Yeah, you definitely need a certain amount of DPS for that fight. Also you might have gimped AoE classes in your raid.

On that fight, we're riding high on our Shadow Priest's completely insane AoE, though we didn't do a lot of damage to Beth before she came down as a result of sending only one dude up after her.

We have our Hunter go Survival and he pretty much Solo's the Spiderlings. If they get close to the Drone the other DPS will smite them down, but for the most part he can kill them himself.

I wouldn't write off your DPS just yet. I think everyone feels like they are getting Overwhelmed by Spinners on the 3rd round. And Tanking two drones at the same time is not the end of the world as long as the First drone is close to death, just call for them to focus on finishing the Drone when a new one spawns.

Our Beth'tilac Strategy.
    3 Up, 7 down. Tank + Arms Warrior + Holy Paladin (Some groups will need to swap healers after Devastation). DPS Downstairs is Survival Hunter killing Spiderlings, Arcane Mage and Shadow Priest on Drone/Spiderlings, and a Frost DK on Drones who also taunts down Spinners for me to Grab and tank with the Drone. The Spinners die to Cleave damage. He will leave 2 Hanging for the Tank and Healer to taunt down and get back up to the Top. After the Second Devestation and the Top team gets back up there, the Shadow Priest will start dotting up all the Spinners along with the DK continuing to taunt them down for me to tank.

When she is under 1000 energy on the third climb up, all DPS switches to Spiderlings, and we get the last spinners off the web for me to tank. All spiderlings will be dead when she comes down and I had a Drone and 2 Spinners on me. Which is fine, because you have time to kill them before you have to Taunt off the MT from Widow's Kiss.

When learning the fight, our biggest issue was learning how to control the Spinners. A lot of wipes due to not having Spinners for the Top team to get back up there, or having just one spinner and the Tank waiting for another for his healer but then the line would disappear right before he jumped on and the healer was headed up to his doom.

Our raid makeup is me (prot warrior), prot pally, rogue, warlock, mage (arcane), hunter (MM), restro druid, holy priest, resto shaman, and a spot we're filling as that member left, last night it alternated between a fury warrior and another hunter (mm).

We tried different strats. First, Prot pally, resto druid, fury warrior, and rogue went up. People alternated between killing spiderlings and spinners and the drone when they could. Drone was at near full health when the second one spawned, spiderlings caught up, they healed we all died just after the web team went up the second tme.

Next time fury stayed down and on the drone with me. Pretty much the same, only drone was at half health when the second spawned, spiderlings caught up, and we all died.

Fury had to leave, switched to the second hunter. One hunter on spinners the whole time, other hunter on the spiderlings, everyone else on drone, sent the resto shaman up with the prot pally and the rogue. Spiderings would die, but I had to keep looking around to see where they were spawning so I could kite the drone away. Spiderlings would not die before the next wave started. Same strat next attempt, with the warlock and the mage switching to spiderlings when they spawned. Had to do a little less moving, but they still died about the same time as the next wave. Drone was at 1/5th health when the second drone came out, it died, and that drone was at 1/2 health when the third came out. Then we all died.

Then we tried to just work on managing the adds. Pally and shaman went up, rogue stayed down on the drone, one hunter on the spinners, one on the spiderlings, mage on the spiderlings, warlock on the drone. Drones died before the next spawned, spiderlings were handled with moderate drone kiting. Lived to phase two! Beth came down, around 95% and we burned her to 20 before she wipes us all.

Hence why I think the DPS just isn't strong enough. If we had a dps or two up top she could be burned lower before phase two, but we'd never get to phase two because the adds overwhelm us. Other than upping the DPS so the adds die faster, I can't think of anything we can do.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the scorpions also apply a stacking damage taken debuff when they explode

meaning if you explode them all at once your melee dies humorously.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Friends of mine decided they'll just be giving me the shit for the staff seeing as how the only other user last night was a pug priest and it's mainly a bunch of friends of us that will be running the raids so...yay me if I ever eventually get it...

First staff was no contest to our Boomkin buddy who is by far our best (and one of the best on the server) DPS. Second staff will be...interesting. It's between to IRL mage buddies. They were annoying me about loot drops the other day, so I told them they were going to have to earn their staff. My solution? They are going to have a "murgle off" that I will video tape and put on Youtube. Get people to vote on who has the better Murloc impression after 2 weeks. That dude gets the next staff.

Mvrck on
    edited July 2011

Our raid makeup is me (prot warrior), prot pally, rogue, warlock, mage (arcane), hunter (MM), restro druid, holy priest, resto shaman, and a spot we're filling as that member left, last night it alternated between a fury warrior and another hunter (mm).

We tried different strats. First, Prot pally, resto druid, fury warrior, and rogue went up. People alternated between killing spiderlings and spinners and the drone when they could. Drone was at near full health when the second one spawned, spiderlings caught up, they healed we all died just after the web team went up the second tme.

Next time fury stayed down and on the drone with me. Pretty much the same, only drone was at half health when the second spawned, spiderlings caught up, and we all died.

Fury had to leave, switched to the second hunter. One hunter on spinners the whole time, other hunter on the spiderlings, everyone else on drone, sent the resto shaman up with the prot pally and the rogue. Spiderings would die, but I had to keep looking around to see where they were spawning so I could kite the drone away. Spiderlings would not die before the next wave started. Same strat next attempt, with the warlock and the mage switching to spiderlings when they spawned. Had to do a little less moving, but they still died about the same time as the next wave. Drone was at 1/5th health when the second drone came out, it died, and that drone was at 1/2 health when the third came out. Then we all died.

Then we tried to just work on managing the adds. Pally and shaman went up, rogue stayed down on the drone, one hunter on the spinners, one on the spiderlings, mage on the spiderlings, warlock on the drone. Drones died before the next spawned, spiderlings were handled with moderate drone kiting. Lived to phase two! Beth came down, around 95% and we burned her to 20 before she wipes us all.

Hence why I think the DPS just isn't strong enough. If we had a dps or two up top she could be burned lower before phase two, but we'd never get to phase two because the adds overwhelm us. Other than upping the DPS so the adds die faster, I can't think of anything we can do.

Sounds much like how we were progressing until our Hunter went Survival. He found that having Entrapment made killing the Spiderlings much easier and more reliable. Once he went Survival, the Spiderlings only came close to a drone 1 or 2 times for entire attempts.

I suggest keeping the Rogue going up. Have the Hunter try Survival and concentrate on killing spiderlings only. Have the rest focus on the Drone with the Warlock throwing DoTs to Spinners, they only have 232k health, so his DoTs plus an attack or 2 from another range member (The Arcane Mage or Second Hunter) will kill them off in a timely fashion.

Buddies on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Grobian wrote: »
    So

How is the final boss of Zul'Gurub supposed to go?

Because it goes perfectly when I play my DK, and it goes horrible when I play my healer.

When I play my DK, I kill every add I come across, usually running around and murdering them as they spawn.

When I heal, I almost invariably die to 3-4 adds cornering me, or ending up in a position where I have to stop moving to heal somebody and getting killed by the nearby adds.

Am I doing something wrong when I'm healing, or what?

Nope.

Basically you need to get one DPS to just clean up all the ghosts, otherwise they murder the healer. I think it's best to just call someone out: "<insert name here> please just kill ghosts the whole time in P2, the other DPS can go on the chains" And take a player with non-terrible dps for that, otherwise he will get overwhelmed, too.

Yeah, as usually happens to healers, it's your group failing you, and then you feel like it was your fault.

A ranged DPS with enough gear to be there can clean up a lot of adds really quickly. Other than that, run away, use whatever abilities you have to avoid them (earthbind, fear, holy radiance sprint, dash) and yes, tell the DPS to do their damn job.

Ugh, I ran into this just last night on my priest with a friend of mine tanking on his paladin. We had a pretty great group through the whole thing... until Jindo. We had a shadow priest and hunter from the same guild/server and then a rogue.

I would end up having literally 10+ spirits following me in pretty much no time and eventually would just run out of room. The Hunter was pretty awful in that he couldn't kill the spirits even with the shadow priest supposedly helping him, not to mention that he would usually focus on spirits so much that when berserkers would jump for him, he'd be nowhere near a chain either. We actually had one attempt where we had 5 berserker stomps and 3 missed, at least two of those were the hunter. With the massive amount of spirits chasing me, I started looking at why the hell the hunter's multishot wasn't higher up in his damage, so I told him to use it, to which he just responded that "he was, when he had enough focus" ... perhaps he should have enough focus more often then.

I've done that fight quite a few times on my own hunter, though I'm survival and this guy was marksmanship. I just never remembered having a particular problem when I was on spirits is all.

And yes, I started wondering if I was fucking up and not kiting well, but eventually on like the 6th attempt or so, with another missed stomp that targeted the hunter, and the pally tank juggling a lot more along with grabbing berserkers and such, we got Jindo down, and at least he dropped the Hexxer's Mask which I wanted.

The funny thing was... the hunter had the bow from Jindo.

Dranyth on
  • MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dranyth wrote: »

Ugh, I ran into this just last night on my priest with a friend of mine tanking on his paladin. We had a pretty great group through the whole thing... until Jindo. We had a shadow priest and hunter from the same guild/server and then a rogue.

I would end up having literally 10+ spirits following me in pretty much no time and eventually would just run out of room. The Hunter was pretty awful in that he couldn't kill the spirits even with the shadow priest supposedly helping him, not to mention that he would usually focus on spirits so much that when berserkers would jump for him, he'd be nowhere near a chain either. We actually had one attempt where we had 5 berserker stomps and 3 missed, at least two of those were the hunter. With the massive amount of spirits chasing me, I started looking at why the hell the hunter's multishot wasn't higher up in his damage, so I told him to use it, to which he just responded that "he was, when he had enough focus" ... perhaps he should have enough focus more often then.

I've done that fight quite a few times on my own hunter, though I'm survival and this guy was marksmanship. I just never remembered having a particular problem when I was on spirits is all.

And yes, I started wondering if I was fucking up and not kiting well, but eventually on like the 6th attempt or so, with another missed stomp that targeted the hunter, and the pally tank juggling a lot more along with grabbing berserkers and such, we got Jindo down, and at least he dropped the Hexxer's Mask which I wanted.

The funny thing was... the hunter had the bow from Jindo.

My thing to do, if you have an idiot DPS or healer that keeps missing jumps. Get someone in the group that is doing it right, put a mark on their head and tell the slacker to stand on them at all times. For some reason, I get people that can follow a mark no problems, but can't take the initiative to move to the chains on their own free will. It's absolutely baffling.

Mvrck on
    edited July 2011
    Our disc priest assistant GM is being super passive-aggressive about the staff

Realistically it's between myself (mage) and our warlock, and both of us are pretty laid back about it but he's really stressed.

I hope he doesn't do anything stupid like ninja shards

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    the scorpions also apply a stacking damage taken debuff when they explode

meaning if you explode them all at once your melee dies humorously.

Yep, I was helping farm trash for rep last night and my enhancement shaman found this out :/

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    After valor capping last night, I checked to see what I should buy first

It seems like everything leather has either expertise or crit on it (or both). Seems as an assassination rogue, I can look forward to raid drops

Javen on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Javen wrote: »
    After valor capping last night, I checked to see what I should buy first

It seems like everything leather has either expertise or crit on it (or both). Seems as an assassination rogue, I can look forward to raid drops

The now previous tier itemization was awful. I don't know for sure, but I'm fairly sure it was intentionally so, just like the first tier of Wrath. Be prepared to reforge every piece of gear.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    It's fun finding people with obscure names in /2 and guessing their origins correctly. I had one guy today who had such an obscure forgotten realms name I had to refer to it as "the place that is north and east of these other two places."

We have a guildie called Chaturgha. She was reasonably impressed when I started saying "Pargon, pargon..." to her.

mattclem on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    the opinion is that 7mpbs would be fine for wow. probably not fine for wow+torrents+netflix+3 other computers, but that wow does not use a ton of bandwith on it's own.
    Since my ISP is terrible, I can report with certainty on 7mbps:

WoW + Netflix = fine
    WoW + PS3/Wii downloading stuff = fine
    WoW + Torrents, even turned down to "low" = laggy
    WoW + Other PCs (not torrenting) = fine

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm loving the dailies if mostly because it's getting the folks who only log in to raid more involved with the guild. Yes, even the folks who are still only in 333 blues because they only log in to raid, then wonder why they aren't assigned on anything other than farm nights.

Samphis on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I also chuckled about the difference between 7mbps and the higher one.

I spend 90 a month on internet alone. Yes it's worth it.

belligerent on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Bandwidth is almost irrelevant. WoW, like most MMOs, only uses about 5Kbps down and 2Kbps up. You can check this with the command "/dump GetNetStats()". I used to play it on a 14.4Kbps dial-up modem. Latency is what matters. As long as your normal latency is fine, it'll continue to be fine regardless of what else you're running, up to the point that the connection is saturated. Just make sure WoW always has that small amount of bandwidth it does require.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Re: Jindo..

I'm either tanking or dpsing on a frost DK if I'm in there, and as a frost DK it becomes a non-issue as I handle spirits. But when I'm tanking before the fight I always make it clear that the DPS's job is:

1.) Be near a chain in case you get stomped.
    2.) Don't stand in shadow bolt zones.
    3.) Kill shades.
    4.) Kill chains.

In that order. Usually things go okay but if we wipe I yell at them and stress that again and then it's fine. You just need to make sure they really comprehend that shades are a way bigger priority than chains.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm a bit confused on these new dailies. I had heard it mentioned that in addition to the epic cloak quest reward you get for completing the Thrall quest-line, you also almost immediately have access to similar cloaks once you start working on the dailies.

I have have been working on these dailies for almost a week now, yet I don't see any cloaks anywhere. Am I missing something? (I would like to get the tanking one, as I chose the DPS one from the quest-line).

Wavechaser on
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Saeris wrote: »
    Bandwidth is almost irrelevant. WoW, like most MMOs, only uses about 5Kbps down and 2Kbps up. You can check this with the command "/dump GetNetStats()". I used to play it on a 14.4Kbps dial-up modem. Latency is what matters. As long as your normal latency is fine, it'll continue to be fine regardless of what else you're running, up to the point that the connection is saturated. Just make sure WoW always has that small amount of bandwidth it does require.

On that subject, are there any free tools out there that restrict the amount of bandwidth an operation can request? I'm running on a 160 kbps connection and every time someone clicks a youtube video in this house, the streaming takes up all of the bandwidth (even though it's unnecessary to) and my lag tanks from 100ms to 2500.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused on these new dailies. I had heard it mentioned that in addition to the epic cloak quest reward you get for completing the Thrall quest-line, you also almost immediately have access to similar cloaks once you start working on the dailies.

I have have been working on these dailies for almost a week now, yet I don't see any cloaks anywhere. Am I missing something? (I would like to get the tanking one, as I chose the DPS one from the quest-line).

The raid rep gives 378 cloaks at friendly, which you'll likely reach on your first raid night doing trash, maybe second. However, (at least for tanking) they aren't super well itemized.
    The Thrall questline gives 365 cloaks.
    The dailies give you 365 rings, necklaces, belts, bracers, trinkets and a few other things.

Samphis on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Oh, I don't raid. No cloaks for me :(

Wavechaser on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    There are always groups forming (at least on arygos) just for trash farming.

Clearing most of the trash on the lower level, plus the flame spider trash, got me to 2k rep to Friendly. Had the raid not broken up or goofed up badly on the trash fighting on the next level up I would have hit friendly in one night.

Nobody on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    Saeris wrote: »

On that subject, are there any free tools out there that restrict the amount of bandwidth an operation can request? I'm running on a 160 kbps connection and every time someone clicks a youtube video in this house, the streaming takes up all of the bandwidth (even though it's unnecessary to) and my lag tanks from 100ms to 2500.

Quality of Service (or QoS) and Packet Shaping is the industry terms for what you want. Find the model of your router and see how to acheive that in the instructions.

So like, if you have a now ancient WRT54G from Linksys, just throw into google "QoS WRT54G" and you'll find a guide on how to do it for that router.

JustinSane07 on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I did ZA and ZG for the first time yesterday. I was 700 VP from my weekly cap, so I just buckled down and braced for fail as I did 5 random zulroics in a row. I tanked it so the queues were usually instant (except for one odd time where it was like a 3 minute wait, even with Call to Tanks up). It actually went better than expected, with maybe 2-3 wipes over all those runs. Oddly enough, every run alternated between the two, so I did ZA, ZG, ZA, ZG, ZA.

Thankfully 2-3 DPS in each run seemed familiar with the flow and layout and were always charging ahead and around skippable trash, so I would just follow them and pick up whatever trash they stopped near as I assumed it needed to be killed. We even did a successful bear run in the second ZA, so that was cool. I'm sure it helped that my DK is overgeared for these dungeons, with over 200k health with the LotDx3 buff. I'm not looking forward to the inevitable fail runs I'll get eventually as I run them to cap out my weekly VPs in the future.

Unrelated:

Do DKs have the lowest armor of all tanks now or something? I'm around 31k-32k unbuffed (this is with 359 or higher in every slot), and every paladin/warrior I've asked seems to have a couple thousand more at least. Bears are apparently rocking like 45k or something? Jesus. I thought the Cata changes had smoothed out tank armor, but apparently not.

forty on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    I have no idea what my 365 bear is sporting for armor these days. It's such an ignored stat by me.

JustinSane07 on
    edited July 2011
    359 Shield Tanks have almost exactly 36000 Armor. So, yes DKs have the lowest armor.

Buddies on
    edited July 2011
    359 Shield Tanks have almost exactly 36000 Armor. So, yes DKs have the lowest armor.
    I has a sad. :(

No wonder DKs are so spikey.

Edit:

The only Beth'tilac attempts I was around for, we were short like 3 people, so they were basically just hopeless "let's see how this fight works" attempts.

I noticed that the drones would eventually go up to the top web if they were left alive for too long (usually it'd be about 20-30 seconds after a new one spawned). What's the deal behind that, exactly? Do they heal Beth by going up or something?

forty on
    edited July 2011
    forty wrote: »

Yeah.

I've kind of given up on it :(

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Get into a BH10 class run on my DK as frost. Kind of surprising since despite being ilvl 356 people are already back at WotLK ideas of needing to be two tiers above anything you attempt. (aka 360+ for anything usually.) After booting a 5k dps rogue (wut) got a new one and ended up with a pair of 378 dps legs. Would have preferred the tank legs but hey, not going to complain.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited July 2011

Edit:

The only Beth'tilac attempts I was around for, we were short like 3 people, so they were basically just hopeless "let's see how this fight works" attempts.

I noticed that the drones would eventually go up to the top web if they were left alive for too long (usually it'd be about 20-30 seconds after a new one spawned). What's the deal behind that, exactly? Do they heal Beth by going up or something?

I don't know, but there is an Achievement for killing them all up there. Which I assume you get them down to ~100k health and let them climb up and the DPS up there 2 shots.

Buddies on
  • ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I don't know, but there is an Achievement for killing them all up there. Which I assume you get them down to ~100k health and let them climb up and the DPS up there 2 shots.

Here's the deal with the Drones ... they have an Energy bar, just like Beth's. If they're still alive when it gets depleted, they run up to Beth to feed off of hers. Basically, they drain her Energy Bar to fill their own.

Why this is Bad: Everytime her bar depletes, she does her massive AoE on the top floor. When she does that 3x, you go to P2.

The conventional wisdom is that you want her as low as possible, health wise, when P2 hits. So by the drones feeding, they quicken the pace by which you hit P2, and give you less DPS time on her in P1.

Arryn on
    edited July 2011
    Well, that would explain why you need to kill those drones in time!

Hopefully we can fill a raid more than one day this week and people magically start playing better, because she's our next target.

forty on
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I tried to pug Occu'thar today. Needless to say it was a bad idea. We had a bear tank with 120k health unbuffed (wut), two Melee who sure loved standing in fire, an arcane mage pulling 8k (wut), and many more blunders. People ragequitting after 1-2 wipes, because the idea of not one-shotting a brand new boss is unheard of, I suppose. One of the aformentioned melee who kept standing fire didn't know what void zones were. The other melee never stacked up with us for eyes, he was too busy standing on Occu's butt tunnelvisioning Recount. Perish the thought of losing dps due to dodges/parries so that we can actually kill the boss!

Occu'thar, more like Occu'thaugh. :|

That aside, we tried out several strats and I'm not really sure how you're supposed to do this. We had everyone spread out and used Occu's butt as the stack point for Eyes, we had everyone stack up and moved as a group between three points each time there was a void zone... Nothing seemed to work. But that was also probably just due to incompetence.

Any advice?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
This discussion has been closed.