As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

wtb honey mead

SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Girlfriend loves honey mead. Can anyone reccomend a good brand for a special occasion we have coming up?

Sakebomb on

• Options
    rocketshipreadyrocketshipready Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Interesting story about mead! I made a comment on Twitter about how the movie Thor lacked what I believed to be the appropriate amount of mead. I guess Twitter has spam bots, and was immediately followed by Golden Coast Mead. I'm not super into mead, but they seem like nice people. I've never tried it either, so no guarantee on quality.

You could also see if you have a local homebrew store that would be able to put you in touch with a meadery, or at least a homebrewer.

rocketshipready on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Your local liquor store is likely to only have 1 or two kinds, so I would just buy them all and see what you like.

You might also get a bottle of Barenjager and try that.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Though Jebus is right about likely limited availability, I got to try the selection from B. Nektar, and I gotta say though they were pricey they were very tasty, especially the drier ones like the dry orange blossom and the wildflower. The rest are good too, just more in "pantie-dropper" category, as the rep told us. So, see if you can get it?

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm assuming you're in Austin, Texas. Redstone Meadery distributes there...

EskimoDave on