As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls' Meetup - Sunday 10am - Tickets on Sale NOW

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I want to come. I've enjoyed the last couple girls' meetups. I'll be more likely to be able to attend if it doesn't require pre-payment though. I understand why prepaying is good, but I'm going to be on a super tight budget and would like the option of just getting something super small/cheap to eat.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    punzie wrote:
    I want to come. I've enjoyed the last couple girls' meetups. I'll be more likely to be able to attend if it doesn't require pre-payment though. I understand why prepaying is good, but I'm going to be on a super tight budget and would like the option of just getting something super small/cheap to eat.

Unfortunately, if we go with the Dillier Room that will not be an option since they are opening the restaurant early for us and are setting up a special set-price brunch buffet. However, if you wanted to eat before hand and just come for cocktails I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue.

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    weewee Registered User regular
    Me +1

• Options
    polencepolence Registered User regular
    Me!^_^

Umm.... since it's brunch, have you guys considered the Sixth Avenue Inn, it's like 10-15mins from the WSTCC? I know a contact from there, and if you guys haven't finalized anything with Diller Room, I might be able to set a "special" brunch or discounted rate for us.^_^

• Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    Is that a 10-15 minute Walk or Drive?

Also if this becomes a pre-pay, I'll probably have to back out. :(

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    Walk^_^ Well it all depends on the organizer, let's wait until they decide, and I'm offering to help if needed.^_^

• Options
    I'm already in negotiations with the owner of the Diller Room and at this point they have offered to really go out of their way for us. However, I haven't been able to get a final price so if I don't hear back from him in the next few days I'll look into the 6th Ave Inn. Could you ask your friend for the contact information of whoever I should talk to and PM it to me?

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    PM ed^_^ Just mention I recommended you to him, and it's for PAX ^_~

polence on
  • Options
    BluePlasticStrawBluePlasticStraw Registered User new member
    I'm interested in attending. This is only my second year at PAX but I'd love to meet some new people.

• Options
    GyladiaGyladia Registered User regular
    I'm interested as well. This is only my second year at PAX and I'm excited about meeting new people because last year I didn't do much of anything.

• Options
    RobotSoloRobotSolo Registered User new member
    Definitely interested! This is also only my second year (last year I got to go for 1 day only, this year it's the whole thing).

• Options
    Okay, just wanted to check in so you guys know that I didn't fall off the face of the planet. Despite numerous attempts to contact him, I haven't heard back from the owner of the Diller Room so I've messaged 6th Ave Inn about maybe moving it there. I'm sorry I don't have more solid details to give everyone, but I am working hard behind the scenes getting this worked out.

Also, I didn't think it needed to be said, but I have been asked this question more than once so I will put it out there. The PAX girls' meetup does not care about your genetic makeup or what is between your legs. As long as you are a GIRL you are welcome to attend. We do not discriminate, every gamer girl is welcome here.

• Options
    Thanks for keeping us updated!^_^ I actually would preffer it to be at the Sixth Ave. Inn resto since it's a lot closer. Anywho, do buzz me if I could help.^_^

• Options
    ninjakinsninjakins Registered User regular
    Very excited to hear about this. This is my first PAX, but I'm going to try to see if I can ditch the husband so I can come. :)

Long-time lurker, PAX 2011 first-timer. Be gentle.
    Twitter: @ajhackwith
  • Options
    hellokrittyhellokritty Registered User new member
    Hello! This will be my first PAX ever and I would love to meet other gamer girls! I'll also try to bring along a couple of other girls who are coming.

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Also, I didn't think it needed to be said, but I have been asked this question more than once so I will put it out there. The PAX girls' meetup does not care about your genetic makeup or what is between your legs. As long as you are a GIRL you are welcome to attend. We do not discriminate, every gamer girl is welcome here.

THIS is why I <3 PAX!!! Geeks can be, with only a few exceptions, the most kindly, awesome, accepting folk.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    DaksaDaksa MesaRegistered User regular
    Me + 1. I can't wait!

• Options
    GyladiaGyladia Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:

THIS is why I <3 PAX!!! Geeks can be, with only a few exceptions, the most kindly, awesome, accepting folk.

QFT. Also, thanks for trying to put this together!

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    The PAX girls' meetup does not care about your genetic makeup or what is between your legs. As long as you are a GIRL you are welcome to attend. We do not discriminate, every gamer girl is welcome here.

I am too sheltered to understand this.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Transgendered people, akjak. Or any other number of genetic anomalies. Basically, even if you don't have a vagina but consider yourself female you're still a gamer girl and are welcome at the Girl MeetUp. Just no stinky BOYS! Boo!

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    irikahirikah Registered User regular
    count me in!

so nice to have my computer kinda/sorta/not-really working again

.life.laugh.love.
  • Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2023
    [Deleted]

Aylaviere on
    East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    SarraSarra Registered User regular
    I'm in too... I go to Pax with mostly boys, it will be good to hang out with girls.

• Options
    Amy.LukimaAmy.Lukima Registered User regular
    In as well.

<a href="http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=35369">I'm participating in Extra Life. Please consider donating to help kids in need. </a>
  • Options
    j0z1ej0z1e Shuffles the FailNinja Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I will try to make it again this year, but I do have to reclaim my spawn from the in-laws at some point on Sunday... I think, lol. I'm very much looking forward to my child free weekend, but by Sunday I might actually be missing the adorable little brat :P

PAX East '12: Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane [ ] Time Off [N/A yet]
  • Options
    Well it's a brunch, so hope that works for you^_^

• Options
    RubyLouRubyLou Registered User new member
    Count me in! Second pax, and this year I seriously need some girl time. As much as I love my boys, they start smelling a tad off after a whole weekend of geeking out. :)

• Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:

Just a note, I'm not going if Menolly goes. (I just wanted to make sure she had an exception to the accepting folk.)

And I don't appear to have ever officially said "I'm in!" so "I'm in!"

• Options
    MiraMira Registered User new member
    This is my very first PAX and only my second con ever (ECCC this year was my first), so I'm definitely in! Need to meet some fellow gamer girls. :)

• Options
    Menolly07 wrote:

Just a note, I'm not going if Menolly goes. (I just wanted to make sure she had an exception to the accepting folk.)

I am to tired to even follow this. But if Chaos is going then I'm not going.. So.. Yeah. Because she's a Ravenclaw. And Ravenclaws su... Oh.. Wait.. I'm a Ravenclaw. What were we talking about, Chaos?

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:
    Menolly07 wrote:

I am to tired to even follow this. But if Chaos is going then I'm not going.. So.. Yeah. Because she's a Ravenclaw. And Ravenclaws su... Oh.. Wait.. I'm a Ravenclaw. What were we talking about, Chaos?

Mojitos, I think. Maybe margaritas. It started with an mmmm, these are delicious.

• Options
    DaniciaDanicia Sparkly Princess of Social Media Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Count me in! This year, I am not working, nor am I speaking. I have a whole PAX to wander around, meet people and play games. *bounce*

• Options
    Yay, I finally heard back from the owner of the Diller Room (he was on vacation and it turns out his first email to me didn't go through). PAX Girls' Meetup there is a go.

Tickets are going to be $16 + tax and gratuity (I'm waiting to hear back from the restaurant for exactly how much that will be and then tickets will go on sale). Included in the cost will be:

Buffet style brunch featuring:

Fritattas: plain, veg and meat
    Bacon
    Sausage
    Fresh fruit plate
    Pastries
    Focaccia
    Pizzas:mushroom , pepperoni , margehrita.
    Fresh coffee

They are also offering us boozaholics $6 drink specials for Bloody Marys, Mimosas and Mornin'ritas (orange and strawberry margarita)
    Pints of beer: $ 3.50
    House Cab Sav or Chardonnay $ 3.50

Thanks so much for your patience on this and I will send out a PM to everyone once tickets go on sale.

• Options
    Menolly07 wrote:
    Menolly07 wrote:

I am going to cuff the two of you together and make you sit in the corner. :P

• Options

Promise?!

• Options

Promise?!

*makes a slight change to her packing list* Promise

• Options

Promise?!

Yyyyeeeessssssss!!!! ^5s Chaos

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:

Promise?!

I like the direction this party is going.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    Enigmas wrote:
    Menolly07 wrote:

Promise?!

Wanna join the handcuff chain? That just means we won't be able to use our hands. naughty chuckling

twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote:
    Enigmas wrote:
    Menolly07 wrote:

Promise?!

Wanna join the handcuff chain? That just means we won't be able to use our hands. naughty chuckling

You do realize if I joined your chain gang, you'd be stuck with a Slytherin all party. :-)

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.