As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Suppress title/alt text on links in Outlook?

HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi guys,

One of the things my company does for clients is send out triggered emails on certain events. Within those emails are links to visit the client's website.

However, within Outlook and other mail programs I've noticed that when you hover over one of the links, it shows our domain instead of the client's domain. The reason for this is most likely because when a user clicks a link, they are briefly taken to our server for tracking purposes, then redirected to the client's page.

I've tried setting explicit alt text or title text, but neither seem to work in Outlook. Is there a way to just suppress it altogether?

Thanks.

camo_sig2.png
Heir on

• Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Not in Outlook. As a security feature, Outlook will always display the link youre visiting, it will not show alt tags or anything except the exact url the link will take you to. The user can change the default behaviour, but only between displaying the url or not displaying the url on hoverover.

What company do you work for? I probably just helped one of my competitors :P

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the info...that's pretty much what I had gathered, but I figured I would ask.

I work for a company called Bazaarvoice.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png