The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Steamed Hams' Sketch Dump

hamshams Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Artist's Corner
Hey everyone. I've been lurking since around 2005 and once posted for a very short while under "acousticrooster." Like everyone else who posts here, I'd also like to get better at drawing. However, I never push myself to try and put in the effort required. I thought that by coming out from hiding and posting here regularly you all might be able to help me. You could say I'm shy and that communication is a challenge for me. But here goes...

I need to start drawing from life more and pay much more attention to proportions. I have a tendency to begin working on detail before I have the entire image drawn out. Color is also something that I have not spent a lot of time using. Any suggestions on how I can improve overall would be greatly appreciated. Here is what I've been doing recently:

Sketchbook (Mostly drawn from Anatomy for the Artist.):

sketch1-2.jpg

sketch3-1.jpg

sketch4.jpg

sketch5-1.jpg

sketch6-1.jpg

sketch8-1.jpg

sketch9-1.jpg

sketch10-1.jpg

sketch11-1.jpg

Ink Brush:

catskull.png

deadbird.png

lonelylife.png

oliviaotter.png

sye2.jpg

I recently went out and finally bought a tablet so lately I've been trying to get the hang of using it:

landscape.jpg

landscapes.jpg

turtletankcolor.jpg

james2.png

Misc:

gypsything.png

dragonheaddude.png

alexpilgrim.png

dayslikeknives.png

hams on