As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

why do you hurt me, school

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    how did one of you end up so much more smooth than the other

is it some kind of deaf person situation where one half of your twin-unit suffered a debilitating goofiness and the other had to become smoother in order for you both to survive

Skull Man on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    in my defense

I had class in the same room five minutes later

• Options
    oh man you should have just sat down then and started tapping your watch

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Skull Man, how have you been enjoying your thesis?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    it's been alright

I had a meeting with my professor this morning and he liked my new batch of pages

basically it's been weird trying to find the right line between not talking about my thesis enough and mentioning it every paragraph for forty pages

• Options
    edited November 2011
    by thesis I mean thesis statement, etc

aren't you working on one? how's it coming

Skull Man on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I wrote one a couple months ago during my last quarter of college. It was 25 pages and from a professor who almost never gave out A's on papers I got a huge A on it (including a note that if I expanded it he'd love to read it as a book).

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    you know what's awful

sitting down for a test when the people behind you are reviewing with each other

and they're not getting the information right

• Options
    basically put my fingers in my ears and started singing

• Options
    yup

just pissing bullshit into your ear and you know that's gonna be what you remember

• Options
    nice work Z

• Options
    I think one of the most uncomfortable tests I have ever taken was the morning after Saint Patrick's Day. It was the final for the class and everyone was just hungover as all hell. Our professor walked in with a huge stack of papers and commented, "Well don't you all look lively." He then slammed the stack of paper on his desk and began to laugh.

But I ended up doing fairly well on that final exam so...

• Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    nice work Z

Thanks, what are you writing your thesis on?

• Options
    the futility of self-redemption in the eyes of God in the novels of O'Connor

my professor is the O'Connor scholar here at GCSU where she went to school and runs the Flannery O'Connor review so he's a huge help when it comes to picking out good critics to assassinate

• Options
    what was yours on?

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    the futility of self-redemption in the eyes of God in the novels of O'Connor

my professor is the O'Connor scholar here at GCSU where she went to school and runs the Flannery O'Connor review so he's a huge help when it comes to picking out good critics to assassinate

That sounds really interesting. I hope it turns out well.

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    yup

just pissing bullshit into your ear and you know that's gonna be what you remember

7NczU.jpg

sig.png
  • Options
    thanks! it's kind of a tough row to hoe because I'm basically saying the penitence doesn't work and attributing that attitude to a famously catholic writer

• Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    what was yours on?

Vigilantism as portrayed in pop culture as an inverse theory of Henry David Thoreau's Civil Disobedience.

I focused on Batman in both comics and film.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    what was yours on?

Vigilantism as portrayed in pop culture as an inverse theory of Henry David Thoreau's Civil Disobedience.

Fuckin' liberal hippie institutions. :x

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    step one: your relatives pay your back taxes
    step two: VENGEANCE

• Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    what was yours on?

Smokin' granola and kicking all the hacky-sacs.

• Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    fuuuuuuck i can't register for classes because salt lake community college never sent my concurrent enrollment transcript and i tried emailing them but they never responded so now i have to call but i have a terrible phobia of talking to strangers on the phone and i'd really rather just go there in person but it'd be around a twenty minute bus ride to the nearest campus and i'm not even 100% sure they can handle it there but it's not like i'm not already wasting time sitting around whining about it here but why can't i just sack up and call them!! why am i so bad at phone

aaaurgh

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    miz just pretend you're talking to a convincing robot

• Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    man that's even worse those are super creepy!!

the worst thing is i know as soon as i push the dial button i'll get over it and do fine just like always but i always make a huge deal about it and get worked up over starting the call and fuckit i am pushing that button RIGHT NOW

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Zonugal wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    what was yours on?

I mean, I am tempted to try and write something like this as a purely academic pursuit.

I just don't think there are any professors who would take it seriously.

Also, I'm not sure if I'd be able to pull it off.

Then again, the moral quandary of whether or not Superman can be considered the best of humanity because he's not human seems like it'd make for an interesting philosophy paper, and one that I could actually write.

Too bad I'm not a philosophy major.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    aaand it turns out i've gotta go in person and pay to have a new transcript sent anyway

~~college~~

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    what was yours on?

I mean, I am tempted to try and write something like this as a purely academic pursuit.

Then again, the moral quandary of whether or not Superman can be considered the best of humanity because he's not human seems like it'd make for an interesting philosophy paper, and one that I could actually write.

Write a paper on whether or not Jesus is like Batman or Superman.

Bam.

• Options
    Sassori wrote:

Bam.

Jesus is Spider-Man, duh.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Sassori wrote:

Bam.

Why is God the only character in the Simpsons with five fingers?

Bam.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    what was yours on?

In philosophy you can write on anything, all that matters is the sell/pitch.

• Options
    Sassori wrote:
    Sassori wrote:

Bam.

Why is God the only character in the Simpsons with five fingers?

Bam.

Because showing anything less than proper reverence to God on basic cable would incite the deeply embedded theological rage of the Midwest, inciting a riot that would consume the entire continent in bloody carnage.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    E^(i Pi)+1=0E^(i Pi)+1=0 hellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Zonugal wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    what was yours on?

Frame it in the context of examining modern myth, along with Star Wars and LOTR. Compare it to ancient myth/theology. What themes are the same? What themes are different? What do these differences say about the cultures that created them?

E^(i Pi)+1=0 on
    Love me.
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I really really don't want to take Dance History and Appreciation so I am scrambling to find anything else I can take so I can drop it. I think I am going to need to crash some courses, this is ridiculous; I don't want to pay to read about ballet or tribal dance when youtube exists.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Thinking I'm going to write my literary theory term paper on Teeth. There's something Freudian/feminist in there somewhere, THERE HAS TO BE.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    do i sort a bibliography by chronological order as mentioned in the paper, by alphabetical order (title of source), or by alphabetical order (title of author) when the instructor did not make this clear in any way?

e: alphabetical by author seems like the most logical way so i'm just gonna go with that
    my in text citations are putting the author-date in at the end of the sentence so that's how you would look it up anyway i suppose

unintentional on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Man, I was supposed to present last week despite my not having finished my presentation, but got out of it because we ran out of time.

Now it's due tomorrow and I've still barely started.

On the upside, it's only a 15 minute long powerpoint presentation.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    so I've got my SAT results back

they are not as bad as I thought they'd be

I dare even say that they are not bad at all

not sky high, but definitely above the average

enough for me to study what I want, in any case

I am ok with this

and being ok with this feels so good

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    congrats, Indie!

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    so I've got my SAT results back

they are not as bad as I thought they'd be

I dare even say that they are not bad at all

not sky high, but definitely above the average

enough for me to study what I want, in any case

I am ok with this

and being ok with this feels so good

:^: :^: