As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Whats up with the spool32 shenanigans?

That stuff at the end of the night?

Looks to me like he was just making sure there was a large enough gap between Cythraul in #1 and Element Brian in #2. Before his change, there was only a two-vote space which could have quickly become a tie with the right shenanigans.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I like FecklessRogue at this point, with TehSpectre. With the kills last night, he's now my highest suspect.
    Although, I must say that Wandering Hero and Honk trying to paint spool32 in suspicious light last night for actually doing Good Village Work(tm) has me going o_O. Honk's been making me do that all game, actually.

LaOs on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Did Wandering Hero ever mention being suspicious of Raiden333 previously?

Word/name association makes me wary.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Arasaki wrote: »
    Did Wandering Hero ever mention being suspicious of Raiden333 previously?

Word/name association makes me wary.

Nope. Not in the thread, anyway.

LaOs on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    LaOs wrote: »
    Whats up with the spool32 shenanigans?

That stuff at the end of the night?

Looks to me like he was just making sure there was a large enough gap between Cythraul in #1 and Element Brian in #2. Before his change, there was only a two-vote space which could have quickly become a tie with the right shenanigans.

Correct... and I find it very suspicious that people are trying to pin nefarious ends on me when the thread record and vote totals are clear. I spent the last hours of last nights' vote rallying people to avoid ties, and then finally taking steps to widen the Cythraul-Element Brian gap at the very end of the night, by changing the spread from 10-8 to 11-7. Before that move, I was worried as well about a possible 2-3-4 tie between Element, Feckless, and Turkson, and felt I couldn't step off Element Brian for fear of pushing that tie closer. Trying to balance the two concerns, I figured a 1-2 tie was worse so I waited until the very last minute, and posted separately, in order to hopefully confound mafia vote counters.

spool32 on
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    ooOooOOoOOOOOoooO

<3

oOooOoOooOoOOoOOO

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    having a first place tie would be "better" though. Worst case scenario: 2 villagers die but a mafia had to reveal to create the tie.

It's the 2nd or 3rd place ties that can give the mafia extra kills.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Actually, looking through the magic box, why are we picking FR again? He had the initial vote on cyth yesterday (or close to it, in any case, maybe the second), which eventually led to him being voted out. And it wasn't just a one off vote, he made a pretty lengthy case about why he thought he was mafia.

I just don't see why a mafia member would make such a big deal about a vote like that, without it being a throw away, or jumping onto a bandwagon that was already rolling along.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, in fact, he dumped blame onto cyth right after being accused, and was the first to vote on cyth, when cyth's name hadn't even come up that day yet.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    triple triple triple post

The only avenue I can see is that Feckless and co. thought that cyth was already a dead man, and so made a bid to get a mafia member trusted with a stout voting history on a surefire vote kill. But that is pretty late in the game to pull that off, when it would have made a 6 person mafia at least 5, and no guarantee that it would work. I don't know, it just seems unlikely that that is their move, at this point. I think they are better served at trying to swerve public opinion on villagers, while trying to kill the remaining guard and vig.

Furthermore, I don't know why they would do that with Feckless in the first place, when he's come up a few times and was under fire for that previous days' actions anyway. It would be better to have someone less noticeable, with a better voting record.

Langly on
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I wake up to find that TehSpectre is trying to kill me again. Stop it, you goose. What Langly said.

Let's avoid trying to kill the people who have started bandwagons on Mafia and instead look at some better options. Is Element Brian still alive after the tidal wave yesterday? How do we feel about Wandering Hero? Has anyone looked at his posts? Simonwolf is being really suspicious ever since day 2.

Come on, let's take a look at the vote records & posting histories and dig up some good leads.

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    gah my bad I don't have any excuse for missing yesterday I won't let it happen again. My apologies

Woo two more mufasio's

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Wandering Hero

Day 1 - Final Vote: Baidol
    Total Votes - 1
    #238, votes for Baidol (is the 1st vote on him; LemmingHead and AngryPuppy join later in the day)

Day 2 - Final Vote: kuhlmeye
    Total Votes - 2
    #527, votes for simonwolf (is the 1st vote on him; Honk and simonwolf join immediately, Phyphor joins later, but Wandering Hero has already changed his vote)

#537, votes for kuhlmeye (is the 6th to join the bandwagon)

Day 3 - Final Vote: TehSpectre
    Total Votes - 1
    #757, votes for TehSpectre (is the 1st to vote for him, claiming all other votes are terrible (JaysonFour was #1 with 5 votes; no real second place (LaOs with 2, 7 others with 1))

Day 4 - Final Vote: Elldren
    Total Votes - 1
    #1157, votes for Elldren (is the 11th to vote for her, bringing her to 11 with LemmingHead at 12)

Day 5 - Final Vote: FecklessRogue
    Total Votes - 1
    #1304, votes for FecklessRogue (is the 3rd to vote for him, following TehSpectre early in the day and Arasaki a bit later)

LaOs on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have to say that at this point I'm kinda suspicious of simonwolf and Honk. Wandering Hero's history doesn't seem to indicate evil bad guy to me.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I wake up to find that TehSpectre is trying to kill me again. Stop it, you goose. What Langly said.

Let's avoid trying to kill the people who have started bandwagons on Mafia and instead look at some better options. Is Element Brian still alive after the tidal wave yesterday? How do we feel about Wandering Hero? Has anyone looked at his posts? Simonwolf is being really suspicious ever since day 2.

Come on, let's take a look at the vote records & posting histories and dig up some good leads.

I found this post amusing.
    Cythraul wrote:
    First, woah, nice haul for one night!

Second, what are you talking bout me for? I voted an hour before vote close and did so to help solidify the actual targets we had for the night. I was more worried about staying on Farangu and being called out on it. A lot of people voted after me that didn't do anything to stop the tie, and you know why? The tie looks to have been created by Elldren, go back and look.

You want someone -actually- suspicious? I was playing with the magic box (wow, that sounds dirty) and looked up some suspicious people. Right away I noticed Arasaki, who voted day 1, was inactive day 2, left a placeholder vote day 3 that they never came back to and joined the bandwagon yesterday.

Do some digging before calling suspicions people, there are better targets available.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    simonwolf

Day 1 - Final Vote: warban
    Total Votes - 2

#269, votes for Spoit (is the 2nd to vote for him, after kuhlmeye; changed later to warban)

#428, votes for warban (is the 6th vote for him, breaking a tie between warban and stever777 at 5 votes; claims a grudge from a game warban ran)

Day 2 - Final Vote: simonwolf
    Total Votes - 1

#530, votes for simonwolf (is the 3rd vote for him, following Wandering Hero and Honk (an immediate succession of 3 votes))

Day 3 - Final Vote: JaysonFour
    Total Votes - 1

#792, votes for JaysonFour (is the 11th vote for him, it is the clear bandwagon; votes with a nonsense reason stated)

Day 4 - Final Vote: Farangu
    Total Votes - 1

#972, votes for Farangu (is the 1st vote for him, followed closely by Cythraul (who changed later), later by FecklessRogue, then Void Slayer (who changed later); vote post is nothing but a vote)

Day 5 - Final Vote: Cythraul
    Total Votes - 1

#1288, votes for Cythraul (is the 7th vote for him, breaking a tie between Cythraul and Element Brian at 6 votes; appears to clearly be following Savant's request)

LaOs on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I have to say that at this point I'm kinda suspicious of simonwolf and Honk. Wandering Hero's history doesn't seem to indicate evil bad guy to me.

Remember though, I brought to light that either Elldren or Thom must have compromised Cass - and was right!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Honk wrote: »

Remember though, I brought to light that either Elldren or Thom must have compromised Cass - and was right!

How exactly did you do that? It was a pretty obvious conclusion once Thom stepped forward and named Elldren.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I'm fairly certain that information came to light when Thom revealed that he and the two girls were involved in a soft network.

Silly Honk.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Jason Todd wrote: »

How exactly did you do that? It was a pretty obvious conclusion once Thom stepped forward and named Elldren.

Yeah! See?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Because people were having a general bandwagon on Lemminghead, not caring about that revelation, until I posted about it? I questioned the still going bandwagon on Lemminghead when Elldren or Thom was clearly mafia. And after I did that people started voting Elldren.

Lemminghead was also mafia, but the evidence against him was not as clear.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So your defense is you tried to start a bandwagon on someone who was clearly mafia, rather than another mafia player who was not as obvious.

I fail to see the defense.

Also, drunk post! My phalla is complete.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Because a sure thing is better than an unsure thing?

Page 43 and 44. See how I pushed, Todd and Laos were both there at the time. You two questioning me about being suspicious is extremely suspicious.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Questioning things in a phalla is never suspicious.

Admitting to starting a second bandwagon on a pretty much outed mafia compared to another, less likely mafia target?

That would be suspicious.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Only in phalla is it suspicious to point the gun at someone you know is bad - rather than someone who might be innocent.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Because people were having a general bandwagon on Lemminghead, not caring about that revelation, until I posted about it? I questioned the still going bandwagon on Lemminghead when Elldren or Thom was clearly mafia. And after I did that people started voting Elldren.

Lemminghead was also mafia, but the evidence against him was not as clear.

That's also not the truth. Thom's revelation had garnered attention and discussion from the outset. You even voted for the wrong one out of those two.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Honk, the point is that they were both bad, so it kind of looks like you tried to save someone who is mafia.

I am unsure if I can state that any better. I am not saying that you are mafia, just that your defense is bollocks.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Look, other than your post(s) on Day 4 pointing out that Thom had revealed he or Elldren were likely Mafia leaks in Cass's soft network, most of your posts and votes have been suspicious to me. Your posts, too (sewing confusion, misinformation, etc.)

You didn't even vote for the right person on Day 4, yet you claim people started voting Elldren because of you? (Savant and others, myself included, had been talking in the thread about Thom's reveal.) Thom started the voting on Elldren and some other people followed--more as discussion continue and the suspicion of her cemented.

And then today you're here trying to claim credit for Elldren going down Mafia. It strikes me as incredibly suspicious. Almost as if you are trying to "prove" to the Village that you totally are good and useful and even accomplished something. It seems that you're pushing kind of hard for this to be in our Villager heads, even.

The problem here, is, you've been caught making claims the records don't quite bear out.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Honk, the point is that they were both bad, so it kind of looks like you tried to save someone who is mafia.

I am unsure if I can state that any better. I am not saying that you are mafia, just that your defense is bollocks.

Ah, it seems as though Arasaki and I have different suspicions of you.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Stop agreeing with me LaOs.

This isn't how it normally works.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I did not see people paying much attention at all to it before I posted.

Also, one of them was mafia. 50% chance to pick the right guy.

I am off now, will check back later to see if hints from Savant are posted. You are welcome to waste tonights vote on me if you so please. But you'd most certainly be disappointed by the narration.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

He is suspicious as hell, but I don't recall playing with Honk before, so he might just be dumb. I never say for 100% that people are mafia.

You know, apart from Obbi.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Stop agreeing with me LaOs.

This isn't how it normally works.

And you wanted to grudge me. :P

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I can't even remember why I grudge you now. I'm sure I have a reason, although it might have just been because I remembered you, and it has been a stupidly long time.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I can't even remember why I grudge you now. I'm sure I have a reason, although it might have just been because I remembered you, and it has been a stupidly long time.

He is overly active in the thread, and therefore evil.

:)

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

He is suspicious as hell, but I don't recall playing with Honk before, so he might just be dumb. I never say for 100% that people are mafia.

You know, apart from Obbi.

Cool story bro :^:

Honk on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I haven't played in a while, so it definitely has been a long time.

I think maybe you want to grudge me because I never did end up giving you feedback on that game you were going to (maybe even did) host. Maybe?

Really, though, I think this is the first time you've tried to grudge me anyway.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

There is that.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Quiet you!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I haven't played in a while, so it definitely has been a long time.

I think maybe you want to grudge me because I never did end up giving you feedback on that game you were going to (maybe even did) host. Maybe?

Really, though, I think this is the first time you've tried to grudge me anyway.

Hm. That wasn't it, I think you were mafia one game, or created a bandwagon when I was mafia or a SK? I have no idea.

I should go back through some of the old games and remind myself who my grudges actually are.

Arasaki on