Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

America, Who Will Survive In America?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also, the market's going to "come back," but there's no guarantee that it'll reach the growth it did in the last 20 or so years (especially since a lot of that "growth" apparently was built on a lot of fairly dubious credit.)

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    'we got hella people, they got helicopters'
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    GeoMitch wrote: »
    the economy is making my (securely retired) father into a militant leftist faster than it's moving me left

it's kind of alarming actually

I'm afraid he's gonna buy a gun and attempt to take back the means of production before his twilight years

your dad will be the new head of the liberal crime squad

please don't conflate liberalism with leftism thank you very much.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    also if we're going to have this thread we might as well credit the gentleman properly responsible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hmr8YLNzoQ

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    the economy is making my (securely retired) father into a militant leftist faster than it's moving me left

I'm afraid he's gonna buy a gun and attempt to take back the means of production before his twilight years

this is pretty meaningless hairsplitting in the american political environment

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
  • GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User
    edited July 2011
    i was just trying to make a joke about liberal crime squad

Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
    edited July 2011

this is pretty meaningless hairsplitting in the american political environment

liberalism/progressivism finds faults with capitalism like the left does, but they believe capitalism can be reformed & made nicer/more fair, given a 'human face' if you will (this is especially silly, trying to cure the sickness private property causes w/ private property)

the left finds it a rotten system from the core given its inherent contradictions & advocates its abolition

not too hard to delineate here.

edited July 2011
    I mean, kanye cut the best part of the sample, which is too bad because it kills pretty much precisely his audience
    Young, very young, teeny bopping revolt on weekend young, dig by proxy what a mental ass kicking they receive through institutionalized everything, and vomit up slogans to stay out of Vietnam. They seek to hide their relationship with the world's prostitute alienating themselves from everything except dirt and money with long hair, grime, and dope to camo-hide the things that cannot be hidden. They become runaway children to walk the streets downtown with everyday Black people sitting on the curb crying, because we know that they will go back home with a clear conscience and a college degree.

The irony of it all, of course, is when a pale-faced SDS motherfucker dares look hurt when I tell him to go find his own revolution. He wonders why I tell him that America's revolution will not be the melting pot. but the toilet bowl. He is fighting for legalized smoke, or lower voting age, less lip from his generation gap and fucking in the street. Where is my parallel to that? All I want is a good home and a wife and a children and some food to feed them every night. Back goes pale face to basics. Does Little Orphan Annie have a natural? Do Sluggos kings make him a refugee from Mandingo? What does Webster say about soul? I say you silly chipe motherfucker, your great grandfather tied a ball and chain to my balls, and bounced me through a cotton field while I lived in an unflushable toilet bowl and now you want me to help you overthrow what?

The only Truth that can be delivered to a four year revolutionary with a hole card, i.e. skin is this: fuck up what you can in the name of Piggy Wallace, Dickless Nixon, and Spiro Agnew. Leave brother Cleaver and Brother Malcolm alone please. After all is said and done, build a new route to China if they'll have you.

gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    edited July 2011
    couldn't think of anything mean for spiro agnew??

spiro... mildew

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also, the market's going to "come back," but there's no guarantee that it'll reach the growth it did in the last 20 or so years (especially since a lot of that "growth" apparently was built on a lot of fairly dubious credit.)

Japan would like a word with you.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood now i've got you in my space i won't let go of youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    speaking of capitalism i just bought this great new tshirt from a store called mango. pumped

AEKTl9K.png
    edited July 2011
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    00000389.png

maoism third worldism.

beefy five layer burrito

• DubhDubh BEST FRIENDS WITH FIRE Hudda!Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I apparently missed the political smug train

edited July 2011
    I did hear some random republican congressman go on about how to fix the economy

a quick reminder that either side of any debate in American politics has a completely different set of facts

edited July 2011
    oh, they are facts

except when the correlation is made

• Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    Trans-fats

Saturated-fats

edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    Dubh you raise a fascinating counterpoint.

Please tell me more.

edited July 2011
    protip: don't gsearch 'frats' with safesearch off

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    hypocrite-mugshot.jpg

look at that smile

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    As for the stripper, Mecklenborg’s excuse was, “I understand the interest in the DUI part, I guess, but the rest is a personal matter.”

That quote kills me.

bO0v7.png
  • godmodegodmode Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I figure there'll be another catastrophic meteorite impact or world war before I'd have to worry about that

I'm genuinely surprised that this hasn't happened yet. Though, I'm anxious to see who's involved in the next (and there will be a "next"), and what it will take to end it. Last time, it was two nuclear bombs. Shit's only going to get heavier.

Personally, I'm buying some guns at soonest convenience.
    hell global warming's still on track to devastate the world within thirty years, right

Actually, I heard the thinning above Antarctica has been steadily shrinking.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Berk wrote: »
    I wonder how many people will be prepared to physically confront white supremacists? Because this is something that will need to happen if (once?) the situation worsens.

this is something I think about.

I am ready every day

wait, no, first I need that BMW R75 with Nazi decorations. and a blonde. then I'd be ready

• L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    I figure there'll be another catastrophic meteorite impact or world war before I'd have to worry about that

I'm genuinely surprised that this hasn't happened yet. Though, I'm anxious to see who's involved in the next (and there will be a "next"), and what it will take to end it. Last time, it was two nuclear bombs. Shit's only going to get heavier.

hell global warming's still on track to devastate the world within thirty years, right

the way international economic ties work makes a world war immensely unlikely (everyone is codependent on each other, or at least the countries capable of having world wars) and it's the ozone hole above antarctica which is shrinking, which has basically nothing to do with global warming

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    godmode wrote: »

that's not global warming

edited July 2011
    I'd love for a global warming explanation that isn't accompanied by a map of the world splashed in threatening shades of red

just once

had to get that out

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel COME ON AND DAN AND WELCOME TO THE DANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Spoiler:

sites: personal | tumblr | abracadaniel dot com | coolguy.me
    services I recommend: tonx coffee *highly recommended* | everlane
    Secret Satan Wishlists: Regular List Coffee Stuff
    FUNTENDO DS BROCODE: 2337-4364-1683
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    As for the stripper, Mecklenborg’s excuse was, “I understand the interest in the DUI part, I guess, but the rest is a personal matter.”

That quote kills me.

ahahaha holy fuck

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    greenhouse gasses trap heat, a lot of them means the earth heats up, then we're fucked for a variety of reasons

• MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    look if people wanna be healthy they should just find a good job

you know whats double funny: employers are staring to do credit checks for elegbility to work now. can you even begin to imagine what the world will be like when that's the norm? ahahhsadhdsas

this... has been fairly common for years, even in low-wage positions

or at least it is fairly common practice for employers to secure a license to perform a credit check in something signed by the applicant

I've been consenting to credit checks since before I had a credit score

edited July 2011
    my credit score really shouldn't matter to a potential employers

they already have my state-issued id and social security card to prove I'm me

• EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited July 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    look if people wanna be healthy they should just find a good job

you know whats double funny: employers are staring to do credit checks for elegbility to work now. can you even begin to imagine what the world will be like when that's the norm? ahahhsadhdsas

this... has been fairly common for years, even in low-wage positions

or at least it is fairly common practice for employers to secure a license to perform a credit check in something signed by the applicant

I've been consenting to credit checks since before I had a credit score

Drug checks and credit checks are a rarer concept over here in Blighty

I have never undergone either, although I hear MI5 etc. do it

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    My current employer is a branch of an English company and they didn't have any drug or credit checks for me

my boss also leaves for like two hours at a time in the middle of the day to go to the gym maybe four days out of the week

"micromanaging" is not a word in these people's vocabulary

so mark that down on the "Lobsterbacks: Pros" column