As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dishonored: Reviews are in, it's good! Completion hours equivalent to penis length.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    What I am hoping is that it wont be a binary choice. You will be able to be good at remaining unseen, for example, but choose to lose out on possession and put it into offensive combat options instead. So you can stealth into an area, scout it out including an escape route, choose when to attack, then obliterate your targets using rapid offense and then get the hell out of there using your escape route.

Sort of like an assassin's creed option only without being strong enough to just kill everyone in the whole level. A few guards and your target are no problem but ramp up the combat and you need to get back into the shadows or die.

Cos that's the build I want to make and I wont be anywhere near as interested if I have to pick full combat or full stealth without much in between. I'm all about the hybrids.

Also I want to be able to upgrade the blink power with another build that is full offense and bampf all over the place in combat, at the cost of stealth. Or maybe full blink and full defense options. Take a while to kill but it doesn't matter if there's too many people between me and my target because I can teleport through them and put a knife in his eye. Whoops!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Also, remember that this is being made by the dark messiah people. And that game was still hella fun with cheat codes.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    trap.jpg

The ugly rats are probably because in the actual game they'll move in massive swarms where their low detail won't be apparent.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Man I love the visual style and setting so much.

Hopefully we'll get a demo playthrough next week.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I definitely saw some of those attack animations from Dark Messiah in that trailer. Awesome.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Um...I just want to say that the thread title totally fucks up the formatting of the main PA forum page.

Maybe throw a space or three in the title so it breaks it up?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Stop showing me amazing trailers, Arkane. I'm already in. You're just being cruel about how I can't have it yet.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Alright, who wants to bet our actions during the game will determine if
    Korvo actually killed the Empress or not?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am really impressed and there is definitely some of the Dark Messiah design in the melee from the looks of things. This isn't a bad thing whatsoever: Dark Messiah was awesome.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    Anyone get all of the lyrics? My speakers are awful but...

What shall we do with the drunken whaler?
    Feed him to the hungry rats for dinner.

Was awesome :D

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Shivers and chills. I somehow got both of those. Yes, they are different.

• Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Yet another awesome trailer that I am praying that the game itself lives up to.

I'm also kinda feeling as if this game will be a way to ease the pain of Bioshock Infinite moving to next year.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options

Something along the lines of 'Cut his throat with a rusty cleaver'

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Man, some of those environments look incredible.

• Options
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I am really impressed and there is definitely some of the Dark Messiah design in the melee from the looks of things. This isn't a bad thing whatsoever: Dark Messiah was awesome.
    Since it's from the same studio that makes a lot of sense.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    God damn. I truly thought there weren't many more games to look forward to for this generation of consoles, even knowing how much I couldn't wait to get my hands on this. But that? That is just amazing on so many levels.

As for the lyrics, here's what I heard:
    What will we do with a drunken whaler,
    What will we do with a drunken whaler,
    What will we do with a drunken whaler early in the morning?

Feed him to the hungry rats for dinner,
    Feed him to the hungry rats for dinner,
    Feed him to the hungry rats for dinner early in the morning.

Waking up she rises,
    Waking up she rises,
    Waking up she rises early in the morning.

Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver,
    Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver,
    Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver early in the morning.

Waking up she rises,
    Waking up she rises,
    Waking up she rises early in the morning.

I REALLY hope there is something in the story that deals with the whales. Those things are at once terrifying and pitiful. Like a great white crossed with a sperm whale. I will be highly disappointed if there isn't at least one major "Jonah and the Whale" set piece/assassination.

I really can't convey how psyched up I am for this one. Great trailer.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Goddamn. I was already looking forward to this but now? Holy shit. Since Bioshock dropped to next year, this and AssCreed are really the only two I'm supa looking forward to. I guess I just want to stealthily kill fuckers.

• Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    That tralier sent my hype levels through the roof. The art design, the gameplay, it all looks so good.

• Options
    jkruse05jkruse05 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012

What shall we we do with a drunken whaler?
    Way-hey and up she rises.
    Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver.
    Way-hey and up she rises.

Early in the morning.

I really hope they release that version of the song.

jkruse05 on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Goddamn. I was already looking forward to this but now? Holy shit. Since Bioshock dropped to next year, this and AssCreed are really the only two I'm supa looking forward to. I guess I just want to stealthily kill fuckers.

I wasn't big on Bioshock's ambience, and I won't knowingly buy from Ubisoft on principle, but since this game has neither of those things - plus Bethesda - It's definitely looking like a do-buy for me.

....But maybe hold off on actually playing it until the first patch or so.

You know, Bethesda.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    THIS IS NOT A BETHESDA GAME. It's an Arkane Studios game. Bethesda is just publishing.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    THIS IS NOT A BETHESDA GAME. It's an Arkane Studios game. Bethesda is just publishing.

Neither was Fallout: New Vegas. Or Rage. or Brink. Or Rogue Warrior. They weren't exactly pinnacles of functional coding upon release either, compared to Bethesda's own children.

I still can't get Rage to run properly on my computer to this day.

But then, I never made any actual implication that it was a Bethesda-developed game to begin with. I only mentioned that Bethesda is related to it.

Or are you meaning to say don't buy it at all, until we're sure it's not a Rogue Warrior?

• Options
    edited June 2012

Did you not play Dark Messiah on release? It was more buggy than an anthill. So if the concern is about bugs, it's pretty much still a concern and it's what I'm personally worried about. Dark Messiah was a great game destroyed entirely by bugs, so I hope we don't get a repeat of that with Dishonored.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    Dark Messiah wasn't destroyed by bugs. It wasn't even destroyed. Shit, some of my favorite games were buggy on release. Who cares? A game is good when it's good, and I don't care when that is.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Watched the trailer a few minutes ago, it's like Bioshock, Thief, Batman: AA, and Half Life wrapped up in one! Fitting that the art director is the guy from Half Life.

That song, I really do want it. I know it's slightly re worded version of Drunken Sailor but this version is pretty damn haunting that sticks in your mind.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Jesus this game looks fucking awesome. Do. Want.

• Options
    Dark Messiah wasn't destroyed by bugs. It wasn't even destroyed. Shit, some of my favorite games were buggy on release. Who cares? A game is good when it's good, and I don't care when that is.

The game was reviewed worse and sold worse because of the bugs. If it hadn't been for the bugs it would be widely called one of the best melee centric FPS games made. But again, when a sizable amount of people ran into a game breaking bug that rendered them unable to finish the game (the rope bug) it didn't help the game very much at all. They were really great about patching it, but there is no disputing that the bugs in that game heavily let it down.

• Options
    Aegeri wrote: »

The game was reviewed worse and sold worse because of the bugs. If it hadn't been for the bugs it would be widely called one of the best melee centric FPS games made. But again, when a sizable amount of people ran into a game breaking bug that rendered them unable to finish the game (the rope bug) it didn't help the game very much at all. They were really great about patching it, but there is no disputing that the bugs in that game heavily let it down.

Well, they've said that they've got a lot of people working on gameplay testing to see how people try and complete missions and use all of the powers. Hopefully they've got at least some of them looking for bugs.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Good lord, the song in that trailer gave me chills.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Ugh...

Whale Oil Lamp USB or Tarot cards?

Damn, I hate stupid multiple per-order bonus options.
    Good lord, the song in that trailer gave me chills.

Agreed. Darkly beautiful.

Fawst on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Luckily for me I don't buy physical copies of games anymore and I don't give two fucks about extra DLC.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I never buy physical copies and I barely care about all of these preorder shenanigans but I would be lying if I didn't laugh when I heard about the USB whale oil lamp. It's just... really funny to me.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    is good trailor

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Just watched the trailer. Wow. I didn't know anything about this game 5 minutes ago, but after reading a little on it I'm very interested.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Just watched the trailer. Wow. I didn't know anything about this game 5 minutes ago, but after reading a little on it I'm very interested.

The song will now be in your head for the next two days.

Have fun!

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Ugh...

...damn you for bringing these to my attention.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Ugh...

...damn you for bringing these to my attention.

I had no intention of preordering this. I don't buy full priced games anymore... but the tarot cards or whale oil lamp are strangely more tempting than I would have exprected.

• Options