Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

did the power surge kill my usb hub

Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
so i guess while i was at work yesterday afternoon we had a big power surge (which also shut off power on my block until fucking 11:30 at night and my food is probably spoiled but that's another matter... actually, i'll ask it here too: is my food okay to eat probably? hot day? power was out for like 7 hours probably?)

anyway

my computer was on, and asleep, but behind a surge protector, and seems to be functioning fine

my monitor, also was behind a surge protector, and seems to be functioning fine

my monitor is a 2005fpw so it had a 4 port usb hub on it

it doesn't seem to be working anymore

this is annoying

can anything be done or is it kaput?

i think it was a powerful surge, enough that at least one or two outlets just stopped working entirely or something

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
| Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 |