As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reversing post order in all Wordpress Category Archives

KamarKamar Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I need to reverse the order posts are shown in in my Category Archives, because I'm posting a web serial novel and having the newest stuff first is less than ideal.

I thought I could do this pretty easy after reading some stuff, but the way the Twenty Ten theme I'm using handles things is pretty much entirely different from every example I can find on the internet.

I'm really hoping one of you guys will know off the top of your heads what I need to change in this particular theme and/or be able to post something I can copy/paste in to the right place, but if not let me know what I will need for you to help me.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Kamar on

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I think I'm just going to use a Table of Contents plugin instead. If anyone can tell me the answer without spending any real time on it, I'd still like to know if only because of the frustration it caused me.

Kamar on
  • Options
    mechaThormechaThor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I used the W4 Post List plugin and then created a page with the W4 code on it set to display all posts in a category in reverse chronological order.

You can do a fair amount with the plugin in terms of excluding certain posts, changing the order, how they display, etc.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

mechaThor on
    "I sent an e-mail asking why wood elves get +2 Str when other dwarves did not. My response from customer service consisted of five words: 'Wood elves are really strong.' "