As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Lost Key Code

NerdifyNerdify Registered User new member
edited July 2011 in Penny Arcade Games
So, I purchased On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode One when it came out, and at the time was unable to play it on the PC I owned at the time. Something to do with not having OpenGL 2.0, when the card I had installed had OpenGL 2.1. Never did manage to fix it. At any rate, I've had new PCs since then and remembered that I'd purchased the game but can not locate the key code that was given to me when I purchased it from Greenhouse. And now Greenhouse appears to be down, and has been since sometime last year. I've been waiting since probably October of last year to see if the website comes back up, but it has not.

So here's the question. Is there a way to go about getting the code from when I purchased the game? I haven't tried emailing Greenhouse Support because I'm unsure if it would even matter considering when you go to the website it's the same "Our website will be back soon, but if you need to re-download a game here are the links" set-up.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Nerdify on

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2011
    Let me see if I can scare something up for you

Tube on
    edited July 2011
    Thanks to the gorgeous, pouting Jeff Kalles we should have a spare code for you some time on Monday.

Tube on
  • NerdifyNerdify Registered User new member
    edited July 2011
    Oh man, that would be awesome. If this pans out, you have no idea how thrilled I will be. Either way I appreciate your help immensely. If there needs to be some kind of proof that I purchased the game I could try and come up with something. I'm not sure what would be needed though, so let me know.

Again, thanks a billion for the help!

Nerdify on
    edited July 2011
    I've PMd you your new code

Tube on
  • KradlundKradlund Registered User new member
    I heard the news about episode three the other day, so I was going to redownload episodes one and two and play through them again to pass the time, but I ran into the same problem. I have the code from episode two but the code for my episode one has gone the way of the dodo. My greenhouse Username was Superman17, don't know if that helps anything?

Let me chase this up for you

• FuiubFuiub Registered User new member
    Anyone know if it is possible to "transfer" the Rainslick License to Steam?

Years ago (11/2008) a Lennox over at Hothead games "increased" the number of times I could install my game. With Episode 3 coming out, it would be nice to play it again....and make sure I always had access to it. Still have my original receipt email from Playgreenhouse.com thankfully.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I don't even remember what my info was at Greenhouse. Hell, I don't even remember having a login there. But it would be nice to play 1 and 2 again.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    Remember all those DRM arguments we had a while ago where some people were complaining that if Greenhouse ever goes down, they wouldn't have access to their games, and the line tended to be 'don't worry, we'll take care of you'? Here we go.

I do wonder, though, if it shouldn't be more formalised. Going to Jeff every time isn't exactly the most efficient procedure.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • jkallesjkalles Registered User, Administrator, Penny Arcade Staff staff
    There is still someone manning the playgreenhouse support e-mail, if you need license key codes just e-mail that address and they usually get back to you within one business day.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Do you know what the email is? I don't see it listed on the site.

edit: nm, I see you posted it in another topic. Thanks!

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204