As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The new forum survival guide

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    May I just say that the stylish script is pretty boss? Only complaint is the alternate blue color is still a tad bright. But much easier on the eyes than the endless white.

I was using a custom stylesheet on the old forums that turned everything black on white anyway to make it less obvious whilst posting at work. I actually like this new muted palette. Why be Denny Different about it?

Because change is bad.

Actually, mainly because I'm reading it at close to 4 in the frickin' morning and my eyes are tired.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Oh hey! You can dismiss threads you don't want to see.

No more glorious edict for me!

Drew-B wrote:

That just turns everything orange. :X

OK, I was not expecting that as the smilie for colon X.

• Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    Orca wrote:
    Drew-B wrote:

That just turns everything orange. :X

More of a softer warm color than orange, and when you get used to it and then turn it off, your eyes will truly cry out in pain

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    How do I know where I have posted in threads?

• nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    you can bookmark threads on the right side of the page
    it is the opposite of where to look than the blue dot but it still is a marker for threads

• I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    How do I know where I have posted in threads?

I think that's what they mean by blue dots are now yellow bookmarks to the right... still figuring this out though

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I seem to have everything red on the right, maybe I changed a setting.....

you need to manually click the little bookmark tab on the far right
    it turns yellow I think
    that is your blue dot

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Schide wrote:
    I miss the Subscriptions page where I could just easily keep track of the threads I wanted to and didn't have to wade through all the threads I don't care about.

Oh well.

Is there a way to access one's old list of tracked/subscribed threads? Please (!) tell me there's a way.
    There isn't a way, is there?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    That is the worst dot natek.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    That's far better than having to infract people for blue dotting a thread.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    blackpyr wrote:
    I am going to allow myself to bitch like a...bitch and say that the font choice is aliased as hell for me. I can't fucking read it without jagged edges popping up. More specifically, the "quote awesome and report" buttons look like they came from an expanded jpg.

Why god, why? Is it my machine that is fucking this up?

The answer is blowin' in the wind.
    Edit: I also learned that I was a "User" today, so where is my lightcycle.

you may have, somewhere along the line, used control+scroll wheel which makes text bigger or smaller. It happens to me sometimes and makes for jaggy text.

• Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    With the cleaner topic list, I actually haven't really relied on that feature yet, even.

My eyes no longer try to jump out of my skull trying to parse the bolded white text clumped all a clutter, so I've just been clicking on the threads by topic title alone

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Iolo wrote:
    Schide wrote:
    I miss the Subscriptions page where I could just easily keep track of the threads I wanted to and didn't have to wade through all the threads I don't care about.

Oh well.

Is there a way to access one's old list of tracked/subscribed threads? Please (!) tell me there's a way.
    no, you have to go back and bookmark everything

edited July 2011
    Blake T wrote:
    That is the worst dot natek.

your dot is now the digital image of a cloth bookmark being pulled over the page of the thread you want to read

natek on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote:
    Schide wrote:

Oh well.

there isn't.
    But subscribing to a thread is now easier and quicker! just click the little bookmark icon on the right side of a thread.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    First post on the new forum

Let's see if my av transparency still works

EDIT: Nnnnnnope

Sheri on
    hey blake, if you bookmark some threads, it will create a little tab near the top of the thread list for My Bookmarks
    click it and it will only show bookmarked threads

I like that you can "dismiss" stickied threads

but I wish you could dismiss any thread!

I don't wanna see Phallas or WoW threads or Pony Threads!

Bookmarking things is horrible.

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Oh thank god all my prono link PMs got transferred over.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    For some reason, when I changed my avatar to the new size, it is no longer animating.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote:
    First post on the new forum

Let's see if my av transparency still works

EDIT: Nnnnnnope

It's transparent, its just for some reason, Gabes silhouette is behind it

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Alright, forum survival. We'll need some flint and tinder, rope, dry rations and a ten foot pole.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Feriluce wrote:
    Alright, forum survival. We'll need some flint and tinder, rope, dry rations and a ten foot pole.

Wrong kind of survival, think Zombies not Dungeons and Dragons. Rifles and Machetes for everyone.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, on your profile page under the comments tab it lists all your posts. ALL of them.

Yeah.

I saw forty thousand posts.

I was all, I'm sure they're all quality.

• Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    How do I make this infraction notification go away?

It is stalking me.

Click the little cross in the top right

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    God, hundred page threads are going to be infinite endurance runs now

• 101101 Registered User regular
    I wonder if it would be easier to drop it down to 50 pages per thread?

• BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    All this white space. I'm reading this on my phone and it just goes on for ever and ever.

I should have brought more supplies. Goddamn i should have planned for this.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Holy shit, on your profile page under the comments tab it lists all your posts. ALL of them.

really? it only said 7000 for me, and i know I have ... well, lots and lots more than that

but then it also said I've only made 3 threads so maybe there's some kind of date filtering going on.

• Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    62 is the new 100 :bz

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Nope...nope this bookmarking thing will not do. I just bookmarked like 3 of them and 2 minutes later I have 15 notifications.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote:
    Nope...nope this bookmarking thing will not do. I just bookmarked like 3 of them and 2 minutes later I have 15 notifications.

31 for me so far. I turned off the notifications to everything but PMs but I'm still getting a rising number by my name up top. Kinda annoying.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm not sure about the post thing. I had 59k before the new forums and now I have 16k. It might just :bz that it keeps track of only the posts still on the database.

I'm going to use thae bee for every be I type from now on.

If you go to your preferences, you can uncheck notifications for bookmarked solutions.