As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Prime 2011 Badge Anticipation and Pictures Thread

• Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Happy fun time! http://twitpic.com/6355d8

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Badge!

Edit: For some reason it's making the [/img] tag part of the link so it's not working. Therefore, picture if you will, my hand holding a badge much like those others being linked.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    LOL, I completely overlooked my Halo Fest badge.

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    Back of the PAX badge lists Exhibition Hall under Level 4 and Level 6. Makes me that much more eager to see the map for this year. Blows my mind how much larger it got each year.

The back of the Halo Fest badge states - 'The holder of this badge assumes all risk and danger of being injured as a result of performances and/or demonstrations at Halo Fest"...What kind of performances and/or demonstrations could they be doing where I could injure myself short of tripping?

Well they have promised a full scale warthog (there were pix somewhere) so you could fall off that while trying to climb up the gunner seat. I'm really curious now though!

• Options
    lazkatazlazkataz Registered User regular
    I am on vacation right now, but I don't know if the badges have shipped to my house yet. Will they be at the postoffice when i get back and i have to pick them up? Do I have to sign for it? Grrr. I can't wait.

• Options
    Game Show ManGame Show Man Registered User regular
    Got my badges today, too. Totally amped for this thing.

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
    captvangin@aol.com
    www.facebook.com/GameShowMan

"Go get my space-battlecruiser. I wanna go blow some shizznit up."
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Badges have gone out in waves in the past.

Don't panic.

Bring a towel.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    LeevityLeevity Registered User regular
    Badge came in today, so excited. Now to decide on which panels I want to attend.

XBL/PSN/Steam: Leevity
  • Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    One of the Three of my friends badges came today!

Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    Live in everett, WA just north of Seattle. No badge today :(

I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm in Bothell got my badges.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    eMDeeeMDee Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'm in Bellevue and I got mine today!

http://yfrog.com/kiu4lokj

eMDee on
    The unorthodox and the unlikely - it's what I do, it's what I'm good at.
  • Options
    MaxSteeleMaxSteele Registered User regular
    Could someone explain to me the purpose of the Halo Fest badge?

If all PAX badges come with a Halo Fest badge, and you must have your PAX badge with you to get into Halo Fest.... Why even have a separate physical Halo Fest badge at all?

• Options
    starfx6464starfx6464 Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'm in Redmond and got my badge today! Hand delivered by ROB himself, even.
    PAXBadgesDelivered.jpg

Max - Not sure. It does seem redundant to me, but maybe it's just for the Halo faithful to have some special commemoration?

starfx6464 on
    PAX East 2015 3 Day Badge [✓]
  • Options
    PocksPocks Registered User new member
    ACK. got the tracking number but theres an exception (missing paperwork?)

who should i get ahold of???

• Options
    The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I live 5 blocks from the convention center, just got mine.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    MaxSteele wrote:
    Could someone explain to me the purpose of the Halo Fest badge?

If all PAX badges come with a Halo Fest badge, and you must have your PAX badge with you to get into Halo Fest.... Why even have a separate physical Halo Fest badge at all?

Advertising and Hype is my current theory.

• Options
    DylaNWGDylaNWG Registered User regular
    I got my badge(s) today. The problem is, from what I understood from talking (albeit briefly) to the media team, I was supposed to pick up my media badge at the convention, not ahead of time. It's also apparently a yellow badge, where this one is the standard red Three-Day badge.

Did I end up buying an extra badge on accident?

• Options
    hargem1hargem1 Registered User regular
    Anybody have any clue what the number on the front of the badge is for?

• Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Got my badge today, just north of Seattle. :) Already on my lanyard and awaiting pickup of the companion BYOC badge!

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm in Seattle and no badge, either. However, I am actively Not Panicking. ;-)

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    robo_antrobo_ant Registered User regular
    Sadly I did not get my badge today. I live in Arizona maybe it will be here Tuesday :(

Maximum Signature Size = 500x80px or 4 lines of text
  • Options
    Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I live in Central Oregon for the summer and that's where my pass is getting shipped. Didn't get mine today but I'm used to not getting it right away. This is the first year I'll be getting a SAT and FRI pass instead of a three day.

Curse-Ten on
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    wait, I Ordered 25 passes for my friends and me...
    Do we get 25 passes and 25 halo fest passes!? 0.o

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Live in MN and got my badges! SO STOKED!

• Options
    ddrlegsddrlegs Registered User regular
    I live in Portland, OR and got mine today. Giggled like a schoolgirl. :D

• Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    :( I hope mine arrive tomorrow :(

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    thetelevisi0nthetelevisi0n Registered User regular
    Got my badge in today! Well, technically yesterday. (Burien, Washington near SeaTac)

• Options
    ChichenChichen Registered User regular
    S2000Gan wrote:

Me too man. Me too.

• Options
    HelterSkeletorHelterSkeletor Registered User new member
    Anyone have problems with FedEx? I got a message in an email saying that it had bad paperwork or something

Here's the FedEx Page: http://twitpic.com/63dbhj/full

• Options
    tokyodovetokyodove Perth, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone have problems with FedEx? I got a message in an email saying that it had bad paperwork or something

Here's the FedEx Page: http://twitpic.com/63dbhj/full

check the FAQ, somebody else had this problem, what you need to do is send an email to pax_questions@paxsite.com

• Options
    killtripkilltrip Registered User regular
    Got my badges yesterday, as well as my "I (HEART) ENFORCERS" Shirt.. :D Oh man.. can't wait

twitter: @killtrip
  • Options
    blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    when i got home from work, my badge was waiting for me!!

• Options
    DeusTrinitasDeusTrinitas Registered User regular
    No badge yet in Texas. Hopefully today!

• Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    Mine arrived yesterday in Georgia.

cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    MattauiMattaui Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Got mine yesterday (in DFW). I was glad that they just came in a standard envelope so the postman just put it in my box. Lately they tend to freak out when I get a package and decide I need to drive down to the postal warehouse and pick it up, with the hours conveniently 8:30-4:30, otherwise known as when people are at work.

But woo, PAX badges!

Mattaui on
  • Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    Got my Sunday badges yesterday. I'm one of those who waited a little long (but not TOO long) to get badges, and got 3 one day badges. Do they mail each day's badges separately? Because I'll be extremely sad if I only get to go on Sunday. That and I spent a lot of money for the one day passes.

• Options
    Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular
    vgc wrote:
    Got my Sunday badges yesterday. I'm one of those who waited a little long (but not TOO long) to get badges, and got 3 one day badges. Do they mail each day's badges separately? Because I'll be extremely sad if I only get to go on Sunday. That and I spent a lot of money for the one day passes.

Do not freak out, it is still very early. I was in the same boat as you last year. I bought single day passes and only my Saturday passes arrived. I simply E-mailed pax_questions@paxsite.com when it got closer to the event and let them know my badges had not arrived, they told me:

"Your badges should arrive, however if they do not drop by registration first thing in the morning with a printed out copy of your order confirmation and we will get everything in order.

Take care,"

I was then able to just pick them up at Pax, no problem.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    S2000Gan wrote:

Let me know ASAP!!! SO EXCITED OMG don't lose them all :P

Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"