Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

So You Think You Can Make a Thread About Dance (ACTUALLY ABOUT DANCING)

SheriSheri Resident FlufferMy Living RoomRegistered User regular
edited July 2011 in Social Entropy++
So @lostwords and I were shocked to find that there is no thread for the greatest reality competition show around

dance(22).jpg

That's right. A show about dancing. Cuz it is AWESOME.

Here's the cast!

Emmy-nominated host Cat Deeley
Cat is about 500 feet tall and skinny, so they put her in some really ridiculous outfits, but most of them are very, very short. So that's a plus, right? Also she's British, because all American reality TV shows need a British host apparently.
catdeeley.jpg

Executive producer Nigel Lythgoe
Nigel is also British. He is also a retired tap dancer, and creator of the Dizzy Feet Foundation, which sponsors young dancers and the ever-fun National Dance Day.
so-you-think-you-can-dance-nigel.jpg

Ballroom expert Mary Murphy
She screams a lot.
mary-murphy.jpg

And lots of awesome guest judges.
robin_blog.jpg
lilC_blog.jpg
debbie_reynolds3.jpg
By the way, they're having some wacky lady on as a judge at some point, I think you may have heard of her
wallpaper%2Blady%2Bgaga.jpg

There are also some absolutely amazing choreographers, not that any of you know who they are if you don't watch the show.
Emmy-winner Mia Michaels (Contemporary)
mia-michaels.jpg

Napoleon and Tabitha, also known as Nappytabs (Hip-Hop)
tabitha-b.jpg

Tyce Diorio (Broadway)
E_Online_Katie_Holmes_13818_300_ad_DiOrio_060609.jpg

Travis Wall (Contemporary)
Travis is awesome, by the way, because he started off as a contestant on this show a few seasons ago. Now he's nominated for an Emmy. RAD.
traviswall.jpg

And a shitton of others!

Here's the cast of Season 8! Nevermind I can't find a cast photo of season 8

Here are some of the contestants!

This is Melanie. She is my favorite. She is gonna win.
Melanie-So-You-Think-You-Can-Dance-top-20.jpg

This is Marko. He is also pretty cool.
marko-germar-so-you-think-you-can-dance.jpg

Here's Tadd, who is the best waltzing b-boy I've ever seen.
tadd-gadduang-so-you-think-you-can-dance.jpg

And here's ummm let's go with Caitlynn cuz she's super cute.
caitlynn-lawson-so-you-think-you-can-dance.jpg

Here are some of the best routines from SEASON 8. I assume people will link previous best routines, but these are the ones from this season that are super-rad.

By Travis Wall

By Stacy Tookey

By Nappytabs

(will be updated as the weeks go on)

ALSO these are guest performers from a few weeks ago, but this is the most incredible thing I've ever seen EVER. Watch it.

BUT we cannot make a SYTYCD thread without including the best routine possibly ever

A ballet dancer doing hip-hop. <3 <3

By Nappytabs

DISCUSS.