As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e] The Siege of Underdeep (OOC)

• Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    The door is open and there are no penalties to melee attacks or ranged attacks from the landing you are on. However, if you make an attack or take a move action, you'll need to make an Acrobatics check, DC 10 or fall prone due to the slick liquid on the landing (squares E10, E11, F10, F11).

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I'm gonna assume the dragonshield has stats equal to the monster vault one, and provoke an attack of opportunity so I can give Rho some TLC. Then hopefull I can attack this sucker without falling on my ass.

EDIT: FUCK ME HE GETS A CRIT

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Mouseover the monsters names in their statblock to see their defenses. :mrgreen:

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Slinger 4 has gone to tidy up his room for the unexpected guests

• Options
    Hah, actually he's going to wake up the Wyrmpriest Blighter and the leader of the Crimson Claws, Mangler.

• Options
    Hmm. So I'm thinking we should try and get the dragonshield out to us, lest we get led right into the main rooms or split up. Hopefully Eli has some pull spells? Be great if we could put him on the slime as well.

• Options
    Ugh, I really was hoping to NOT take 12 damage there.

• Options
    @Grog, don't forget to change your position on the map in the Status block please. Thanks!

• Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    I've got a slide attack, let's see if I can bring him out.

• Options
    If I'm sliding the kobold across the slick, does he need to make saves to stay upright? Or does he get that for free from being slid?

• Options
    Okay, he's slid. Have at him!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Great job on the slide of the Dragonshield, now that he's in melee range I can MISS HIM! I don't feel that I'm adequately representing the Iron Wardens.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoon - do knights mark, or do you use your aura for that instead? Is your aura currently active? That would restrict the DragonShield's movements some.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    There were some HP and status changes during my turn that aren't showing up in the following status sections. Rho got healed, Helena got critted, marked, and then used her second wind, and Rho and Helena both have bonuses to their defenses, while Dermond loses his.

Current status should be the one in my last turn plus any movement since then.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Need to back up just a bit... the kobold would have gotten a saving throw to fall prone in E10 since it's a 10' drop from E10 to D10.

http://4e.orokos.com/roll/46928

The Kobold Dragonshield is in E10, not D10 and would not be in range for your melee attack DaMoonRulez. I'm sorry I didn't see that earlier. Also, please make sure that you're quoting and copying the most recent status block. None of LockedOnTargets changes made it past her turn. I'm going to post a new status block and map to fix these errors.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    Thanks for pointing that out, I've updated the status in my post.

• Options
    My bad, didn't change the status. Also a bit confused as to why the dragonshield got an AoO on Helena? Healing word is a burst power.

• Options
    Ok, my post has the latest post updated with the current positions. @DaMoonRulez, you can re-do your action if you wish.

• Options
    Also, Grog is right... Healing Word doesn't provoke. Close and Melee does not. Ranged and Area does. We'll go ahead and just play it out as is... but remember this for the future. I'll tyr to remember it as well.

• Options
    Oh, sorry. I had thought that close counted as a ranged attack.

• Options
    It's my fault too... I didn't catch it. So... you get your Second Wind back for this encounter. Free of charge. :mrgreen: Don't change your hit points either. Just leave them healed as is.

• Options
    Regarding the current status, does the DragonShield still have -2 for concealment?

• Options
    Where do I click for the most up to date map? The link at turn 3, or is there somewhere else to find it and I'm just missing it?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Dermond shouldn't have the +2 to defense anymore, as Helena took her next turn, and Helena won't have it either if she didn't use her second wind. Just Rho will have the bonus.

And DaMoonRulz the link in Sky's last IC post is up to date.

• Options
    http://bit.ly/pHpIKK <-- Latest map.

The dragonshield has +2 vs ranged attacks for being prone and +2 vs ranged attacks for cover from the green area.

• Options
    Ok, so what's the difficulty to climb up from D10 to E10? I'll change my move to either standing and climbing up there (where I'm sure I'd get bull rushed) or heading to the base of the stairs at E14

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2011
    The dragonshield is prone, so they won't be doing any bull rushing at the moment. The north stairs are slick until the end of the encounter. It's a DC 10 Acrobatics check for each square you move through that is slick.

D10, D9, D8, E8, E9 = 5 acrobatic checks and then you will be adjacent to the dragonshield. Alternatively, you could go up the south stairs which are not slick (D14, E14, E13, E12). E11 is slick and would require one acrobatic check, but you would be adjacent to the dragonshield (1 square north) and Helena (1 square east). And now I have to go to bed or else I won't get enough sleep for work tonight. Any other questions I'll answer around 9:30 pm eastern.

Just to clarify... these are the oil slicked squares and require a DC 10 Acrobatics check or you fall prone if you take a move action into that square or make an attack while in an oil slicked square.

Oil Slicked Squares: D8, D9, D10, E8, E9, E10, E11, F10, F11

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    Ok so I posted a new turn. Let me know if you want me to use the AP to charge and try to keep my footing

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BaronSamediBaronSamedi Same dude as yesterday. The AlamoRegistered User regular
    I feel like Rho is running backward through a cornfield. :lol:

"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    So who wants to play "Know your party better"? Just wondering where you guys are from, what you guys do. I'm from Lansing, Michigan and work at the Capital City Airport. I fuel the aircraft there and I'm one of the contracted workers for Sun Country Airlines.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I'll play.

I live in San Antonio, I'm a Marine Reservist, who fuels aircraft when the Marine Corps tells me to, a college student who is studying Information Security, and a construction worker who is contracting with an apartment complex redoing the siding on the entire complex.

BaronSamedi on
    "Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    I feel so bad for Rho... the kobolds next turn will have to wait 'til morning. I don't have access to PA Forums at work. Blocked under 'Games' unfortunately and I need to leave in ten minutes. >_< I overslept a little.

• Options
    I'm from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Currently jobless, going back to school in the fall to continue working on my BA.

• Options
    I live in Seattle, and I work at Amazon. Sadly, I still have yet to make it to a PAX. :)

• Options
    Meh. Don't feel bad for Rho. He's kind of a jerk. (Maybe not for much longer, though. :P ) I'm just running out of ways to say Rho is angry at kobolds. :D

• Options
    I am the DM and I am a security officer at a multi-national corporation where I help safeguard the national supply for the greater north American continent. I live near Indianapolis and have only been to GenCon once. >_<

The next couple rounds should be interesting!

• Options
    Hey Sky, have you ever been to Big Ugly Burger in Caramel?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I'm a brit and no one will pay me to draw pictures.

• Options
    Nope. I don`t go to indy much. Too much gas req`d and I don`t like to spend money.

• Options
    Which side of Indy are you on? Grog, you have a link to some of your artistry?

3basnids3lf9.jpg