Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Hard drive failure - not recognized in BIOS anymore

MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
I have a hard drive that failed just a couple hours ago. My computer shut down after I tried closing a video and when it rebooted it said there was no boot drive. I had another drive that I plugged in and was able to install Windows again. I tried various SATA ports and power cables and the drive still won't work. I even have an enclosure that, when connected, Windows detects as probably a drive but no partition/size data. I've already tried PC Inspector and it didn't find anything. I also tried Western Digital's diagnosis program that sees the drive but says there's no readable data. Windows' Devices & Printers panel shows the enclosure but no working drive. As mentioned in the thread title, BIOS doesn't see it, either.

I wouldn't be too frustrated at this, but I've been editing a video for quite some time and didn't make any backups whatsoever and would like to not have to edit it all over again. Anyone have any suggestions?