As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OVERKILL!!!!!

clownfoodclownfood packet pusherin the wallsRegistered User regular
edited February 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
inspired by the events in this thread

when have you utilized or employeed the use of a firebomb to solve a problem? Or maybe when have you used any sort of overkill method in order to resolve a situation. We have all over reacted in one what or another. What are some of your classic examples?

photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546
clownfood on

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So is it wrong that as soon as you asked when the last time anyone used a firebomb to solve a problem my first thought was Office Space?

The closest I think I can come is using a can of Aquanet and a lighter to get rid of a disturbingly large number of active spiper webs around our trailer at the lake.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I can't think of any time I actually used fire to do something. But I did use an pneumatic hammer to remove a stuck bolt when I couldn't get to it with a regular hammer.

Well I did use a propane torch to remove some old hard stuck in suspension bushing once. My god did that stink.

wmelon on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    The only thing I've ever done that's even remotely worth mentioning is when a couple of dipshit girls giggled and talked through an entire movie, and about halfway through I turned around and shouted, for the entire theater to hear, "Goddammit, will you shut the fuck up?!"

They did. My mom was somewhat mortified, though.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote:
    The only thing I've ever done that's even remotely worth mentioning is when a couple of dipshit girls giggled and talked through an entire movie, and about halfway through I turned around and shouted, for the entire theater to hear, "Goddammit, will you shut the fuck up?!"

You're hardcore.

When I went to see X-Men, a girl a couple seats down from me spent like the whole move talking on her cell phone.

Most of the conversation I heard went like this: "Bye. I said bye. I said bye. I'm hanging up. I said I'm hanging up." And so on.

I was a pussy, though, and sort of just kept looking over and sighing loudly and grimacing.

Yar on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shoulda thrown a firebomb on her.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »

If they'd've gone to an usher, you would've gotten thrown out.

Protip: when telling someone to shut the fuck up in a theater, avoid profanity.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    On my old bike, the front brake pad was rubbing against the wheel. My solution? Remove the brake.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Aerosol and a lighter to kill this giant spider in my basement. Fucker hid in the wine rack.

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    On my old bike, the front brake pad was rubbing against the wheel. My solution? Remove the brake.
    Tim Taylor hard core.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Aerosol and a lighter to kill this giant spider in my basement. Fucker hid in the wine rack.

sounds a lot like the ending to arachnaphobia lol.

IShallRiseAgain on
    Alador239.png
  • Options
    ToadTheMushroomToadTheMushroom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    sounds a lot like the ending to arachnaphobia lol.
    :rotate:orly

ToadTheMushroom on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Back in the day McD's gave out plastic Furbies. I had this one, it did nothing. I got a little bored with my friend one day and we took a hammer and nails to it. Then we spraypainted it black. Then we covered it in lighter fluid and tried to light it on fire, didn't work, so we ran over it with my dad's car. Then we buried it in the backyard.

I guess the problem was that it was looking at me the wrong way.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    If they'd've gone to an usher, you would've gotten thrown out.

Protip: when telling someone to shut the fuck up in a theater, avoid profanity.

I didn't feel so bad given that it was an R-rated film with plenty of profanity. And yeah, in hindsight I would've said something wittier and less profane, but the obnoxious twats were pissing me off.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    32-pass secure wipe to delete Enter the Matrix from my computer.

You can't uninstall evil.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Back in the day McD's gave out plastic Furbies. I had this one, it did nothing. I got a little bored with my friend one day and we took a hammer and nails to it. Then we spraypainted it black. Then we covered it in lighter fluid and tried to light it on fire, didn't work, so we ran over it with my dad's car. Then we buried it in the backyard.

I guess the problem was that it was looking at me the wrong way.

I had one of those dancing hamster stuffed doll things, it would sing "Kung Fu Fighting", or whatever the title of that song actually is.

We ended up using it as a baseball while it was singing, it was one of the most satisfying things I've ever done in my life.

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My cousin and I once started collecting the electronic gizmos from all our old toys that weren't working any more, like LCD screens from cheap digital watches and miniature circuit boards. One watch we found had no screws to undo in order to get the back off - our pre-teen logic told us that this was because the inside held pure awesome. After throwing it out of an upper storey window a few times, we finally attacked it with a length of scaffolding pipe.

It worked.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Okay, I recall something.

When I was a kid, I had a C-64. My sister, who was about 5 at the time (I was 10) had this insipid little Barbie game that involved dressing up and going on dates. I hated it, and she always wanted to play it, when I'd much rather be playing Zork or River Raid or coding or whatever.

So one day, when she wasn't around, I took the floppy it was on, ran a refrigerator magnet over it repeatedly, and then took a key and scraped the hell out of the magnetic disk part. It no longer worked after that.

Mwa ha ha.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    i do a lot of this verbally... once I start going on someone I really can't stop. My only defense is that this honestly almost never happens (two or three time in my life) and only when people really deserve it (my step-dad is a made for tv movie level asshole).

I impress myself with it though. Its like instead of being able to move fast or swing hard I turn the other person into a verbal punching bag, stringing together beautiful sentences of the most offensive nature. I wish I could write like that under normal circumstances. I actually think it comes from being nervous because it happens sometimes while talking to people for the first time.

I can't think of any other wya I overdo things... sometimes if I think somethings funny I'll say it a million times knowing no one else is laughing, or I'll go "to far" for a joke, but since I don't think you really can go to far for a joke it doesn't really count.

eh, I snapped my cell phone in half when my mom was going nuts on the other end. not just regular "where are you im your mother" stupid shit, but I don't need to get into that here :-).

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    GorakGorak Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I had TV remote that refused to work. I took it apart and couldn't find any mechanical/electrical problems. I then put it back together and it still wouldn't work.

So I nailed it to the living room wall.

It still didn't work, but I felt better so that area of the room became the punishing ground for broken stuff and shit videos/CDs.

Gorak on