As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Baldur's Gate Shadowkeeper

FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal MadmanRegistered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright so, I'm fairly new to this whole Shadowkeeper thing. I'm trying to roll a Fighter/Thief and mod my Kit to Assassin, to make a Fighter/Assassin. I've noticed thus far that it's not quite as simple as that, to get it all working. I apparently have to mod the Poison Weapon ability into my Innate. What I'm still unsure of how to handle is how to add in the Assassin +1 to hit and damage. I guess I could just mod my THAC0 down a point, but I don't see any field for innate damage bonuses. Any ideas on how to go about this whole thing? Points where I've gone wrong in my earlier assessment?

Shadowkeeper is big and scary :(

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
White FC: 0819 3350 1787
Fiaryn on

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Shadowkeeper by default saves to a different file, so it's very safe to experiment. Your original save still exists, and you are only modding the save file. You can just keep BG2 running, alt-tab, do some tests, and come back.
    I vaguely recall that there are some things you can break, but it's mostly on the flags side (which is where the game stores what quests you've done).
    I've never tried changing a class like that though.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    lessthanpilessthanpi MNRegistered User regular
    Without installing it and playing around a bit the two workarounds I can think of would be adding points to your strength until you get the desired bonuses to hit and to damage or adding in proficiency points in whatever weapon skills you desire. Unless you start as a human fighter and dual-class to something else the maximum points in a weapon is two. I believe adding in a third point gives you the bonuses you're looking for. Alternately, just make a human assassin and dual to fighter once you get enough kit bonuses built up. You're only going to get t ro something like a 18 fighter/20 assassin character by the end of ToB with a multi-class anyway. Roll up and assassin, give yourself a huge xp boost with shadowkeeer and dual to fighter before leaving the first dungeon. You've got Nalia/Jan/Yoshimo readily available until you've gotten the assassin class active again.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    lessthanpi wrote:
    Without installing it and playing around a bit the two workarounds I can think of would be adding points to your strength until you get the desired bonuses to hit and to damage or adding in proficiency points in whatever weapon skills you desire. Unless you start as a human fighter and dual-class to something else the maximum points in a weapon is two. I believe adding in a third point gives you the bonuses you're looking for. Alternately, just make a human assassin and dual to fighter once you get enough kit bonuses built up. You're only going to get t ro something like a 18 fighter/20 assassin character by the end of ToB with a multi-class anyway. Roll up and assassin, give yourself a huge xp boost with shadowkeeer and dual to fighter before leaving the first dungeon. You've got Nalia/Jan/Yoshimo readily available until you've gotten the assassin class active again.

Not too interested in dual classing, and I'm actually Shadowkeepering a level 1/1 Fighter/Thief in Tutu. Creating a new pure Assassin character and looking at his affects tab let me locate the THAC0 and damage bonus affects, which I then copied over to my character. Only thing still bugging me is that a pure class Assassin has two AC related affects that don't seem to do anything. What they are, I have no idea. Oh well, I guess.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787