Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play: Golden Sun (Chapter 20: The Two Towe- I mean, Lighthouses) (NSF56k)

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I was actually going to include that in the next one.

Sorry it's a bit shorter than the others, by the way. I had to choose between basically ending it here and ending it at the end of the tutorial, which would have been too long.

Sig1.png
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    I only brought it up since it's a relatively important track.

Well, only if you plan on going through to The Lost Age, as far as I know it only shows up in two places in the series.

Both are kinda important though, even if the second instance is an optional visit.
    Spoiler:

UA1OmVB.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    golden sun has godly music

also, fuck you i just spent like an hour at TVtropes and then THAT linked me to cracked where i spent ANOTHER 2 hours AAAAAAAA

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy | blog
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Those sites will eat your free time alive.

Also, what are your plans for classes?

They'll never be as good as mine were in Lost Age though.
    Spoiler:

Steam Starcraft SLeague of Legends
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    golden sun has godly music

also, fuck you i just spent like an hour at TVtropes and then THAT linked me to cracked where i spent ANOTHER 2 hours AAAAAAAA

You know you love the boulder! Stop denying it! You love the boulder!

Borderlands 2 on Steam & League of Legends: Ephemis
  • ChenChen Registered User regular

I wish Nintendo would release an OST of the two games. Music rips have such bad quality. The tracks don't even have official names! Or if Motoi Sakuraba would rearrange a few select tracks into an album, I would probably listen to it every day forever. The Brawl remix is alright - I prefer the Fusion Dragon theme over the Doom Dragon theme mainly due to the badass keyboard synth and drums - but I want MOAR. Why do Tales of, Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile get all the lovin'? :(

l8kt.png
  • MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    Well Terrendos at least you aren't doing a Planescape Torment LP. The amount of text in that game makes zork seem light.

sig5ez4.jpg
    Chapter 3: Non-Standard Game Over
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    (cont'd again)
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
  • ArteenArteen I'm gonna clean up this world yet! Stop polluting!Registered User regular
    I always liked that non-standard game over. I can't think of many games that give the player the option to just ignore the quest altogether.

sig_ap_001_zps3e5ddaa1.png
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    The next 20 hours of gametime will be spent farming and hauling rocks for the people of the village, and the enemies of vale win the game anyways.

Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
    Terrendos, if you have trouble finding a given track I should be able to get it for you; just toss a PM, I'll get ahold of it for you.

The joys of having the equipment to do so!

UA1OmVB.png
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    ah, the vault storyline is always fun :)

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy | blog
  • MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    Well my copy of GS2 arrived yesterday so started ripping through the first game again to refresh the story for me. Just want to say great LP and thanks for getting me back into the serries.

sig5ez4.jpg
  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 Sleepy Ferrets Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    That Game Over's a bit odd, really.
    Spoiler:

It's also silly how Felix said he's experienced a lot over the 3 years but is still only level 1 at the start of TLA.

Emerlmaster999 on
    3DS: 0344-9387-2002 / PS4: MisterBeeb123
    Spoiler:

It's also silly how Felix said he's experienced a lot over the 3 years but is still only level 1 at the start of TLA.
    Spoiler:

UA1OmVB.png
    Meh, Felix and Alex together could have ripped through the lighthouses no doubt.

the problem with alex is that he is literally the laziest person ever

RxI0N.png
    Well, it's not like they were lacking an adept of each element. So maybe they wouldn't be able to storm Vale a third time for the Mars Star because of the Wise One?

On a different topic, I was kinda pissed when I first played TLA because I took the time to abuse the RNG to get the super equipment in GS only for it to all be utter shit once Isaac joins up. Friggin Kikuichimonji.

MechMantis wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    It's amazing how many times you have to facepalm playing this.

Borderlands 2 on Steam & League of Legends: Ephemis
    Well, it's not like they were lacking an adept of each element. So maybe they wouldn't be able to storm Vale a third time for the Mars Star because of the Wise One?

On a different topic, I was kinda pissed when I first played TLA because I took the time to abuse the RNG to get the super equipment in GS only for it to all be utter shit once Isaac joins up. Friggin Kikuichimonji.

i can totally sympathize, because i also wasted X years of my life grinding the earth golems for that thing.

RxI0N.png
    I hung onto those crappy random drops just out of principle of the matter.

No Mr. Shopkeep, I will not sell you this insanely rare sword for a thousand gold. It's mine.

The first six character descriptions are up. I'll add more as the game progresses.

Sig1.png
    Team afterthought, hah.

Chapter 4: One Hand Clutching His Bony Rod
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    I always wondered what the elemental power you got for doing summons even did.

SLyM wrote:
    I always wondered what the elemental power you got for doing summons even did.

i think it makes subsequent elemental attacks more powerful

after a while it goes back to normal

RxI0N.png
    I'll try to get the next chapter up before the weekend. I'm hoping that there's enough posts that I don't have to put 3 chapters on the same page. As it is, this thread isn't anywhere close to safe for 56k; it's a good thing the file size for the pictures isn't that big.

Sig1.png
    well you're doing a great job :^:

RxI0N.png
  • ArteenArteen I'm gonna clean up this world yet! Stop polluting!Registered User regular
    I like how we get a third character pretty quickly in this game.

I hate how it's Ivan.

Ivan is the shit.

You take that back.

Mind Read is great fun, but neither Ivan nor Sheba are particularly suited towards combat. I'd prefer getting a proper healer first, were it possible. At least in the Lost Age you start with Jenna, who has team healing psynergy by default.

Healing is for people who can't kill everything to death before they take damage.

edited August 2011
    Chapter 5: Not Much Plot At All
    Spoiler:

Terrendos on
    Sig1.png
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    You summoned for me, Terrendos? How can I help?

the lighthouse is a lot faster, but narratively i guess it makes a bit more sense to go to kolima first

also, ragnarok coming soon :D

RxI0N.png