Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play: Golden Sun (Chapter 20: The Two Towe- I mean, Lighthouses) (NSF56k)

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I see that Samurai is pretty popular, but I'm certain that it requires more than 2 Djinn. I'll change it up a bit for now, I guess.

Sig1.png
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    This is the only Golden Sun thread so let me ask this. Does the first game have a subtitle? I bought "Golden Sun The Lost Age" off eBay but I think this might be the sequel.

steam_sig.png
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Yeah, the lost age is the sequel.

The first one is just golden sun.

Steam Starcraft SLeague of Legends
  • ArteenArteen I'm gonna clean up this world yet! Stop polluting!Registered User regular
    The first game is 'Golden Sun'. The second game is 'Golden Sun: The Lost Age'. It isn't so much a sequel as it is the second half of a much longer game.

The third game, 'Golden Sun: Dark Dawn' is an actual sequel, but it's not worth playing (IMO).

sig_ap_001_zps3e5ddaa1.png
  • harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Ok, I'll try and find the first one then before playing Lost Age.

steam_sig.png
    Or you could just, y'know, read my LP. Since that's the game that I've been playing.

Sig1.png
    Don't listen to him

Play it yourself

It's fuuuunnnnnnn

Chapter 10: The Force Is Strong with This One
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
  • JusticePunkJusticePunk Registered User
    Lots o'Fun.

lololololo.
  • MarsMars Registered User regular
    I vote for not making them samurais/ninjas, because that means Ivan will invariably get shafted, and he's suffered enough at the hands of fickle players :p

You should make Garet a berserker at some point. Smashing, bashing, and the like is clearly what he's best at.

This next chapter may take a couple more days to finish. I recorded it last night but my computer ate half my screencaps, so I need to redo that part. Also, I've noticed some A/V desyncing in my videos, which I'm going to make an attempt to fix. Look for it at the end of the week.

Looks like the post character limit has been fixed now too, so I'll go ahead and return the OP to its prior state when I get back from class tonight.

Sig1.png
  • ArteenArteen I'm gonna clean up this world yet! Stop polluting!Registered User regular
    Never been much of a fan of the northeastern Angara section of the game. Not much really happens for a while, but the game picks up once you get to the desert, heading towards Kalay and the Karagol Sea.

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    How can you remember all those names? All I remember is some depressing forest, a desert with giant enemy crustaceans, a boat trip, shaolin monks, a werewolf mutant thing, some Japanese couple, an ancient city, a few lighthouses and Felix being a complete dick. Oh, and a pretty big cliffhanger grumble. Seriously, the last place you visit is such a tease.

l8kt.png
    Chapter 11: My Kung Fu Is Stronger Than Yours
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    I do like the Chi/Ki discussion in this section. It gives the world some extra depth.

Chapter 12: Too Greedily and Too Deep
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    edited October 2011
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Terrendos on
    Sig1.png
  • ErlecErlec Registered User regular
    This is fun, and I don't need to go through the games themselves again (never finished lost age, got lost somewhere). Keep up the thread! Also, I never experimented with the djinn system. Every djinn to their user! Nothing else!

steam_sig.png
    Apologies for the delay in Chapter 13. Got this thing called Advanced Fluid Mechanics Midterm and it sucked up a bunch of my weekend. Everything's captured, I just have to upload the pictures and make the actual post. Plan for tomorrow evening or the day after.

Sig1.png
    Chapter 13: I Got the Hots for You
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    edited October 2011
    Chapter 14: Not as Exciting as the Next One
    Spoiler:

Terrendos on
    Sig1.png
    edited October 2011
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Terrendos on
    Sig1.png
    edited October 2011
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Terrendos on
    Sig1.png
    Funny how none of Garet's ridiculously huge family got hit by that boulder.

I particularly enjoyed your interpretation of the conversation with Layana

Fixed a photo in the second part of the last chapter, specifically regarding my Djinn setup:

Isaac: Mercury
    Garet: Jupiter
    Mia: Mars
    Ivan: Venus

That's what I was using for that chapter. Please offer suggestions on changes I can make.

Sig1.png
    I won't do the next chapter until I get at least some input on whether or not I should... extend... the trip across the Karagol Sea. Yes or no please.

Sig1.png
    edited October 2011
    Let the gang have a vacation when we are in the karagol sea. Let's spend our time there as long as possible. (extend extend extend)

Keep up the updates!

Erlec on
    steam_sig.png
    Extend it for a bit just to see the scenes, but don't spend too much time detoured. Plot happens at Tolbi!

edited November 2011
    Chapter 15: A Three Hour Tour
    Spoiler:

Terrendos on
    Sig1.png
    edited November 2011
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Terrendos on
    Sig1.png
    (cont'd)
    Spoiler:

Sig1.png
    It's fine so long as we can get cool golden sun time.

By the way, does the levelup stats change depending on what kind of djinns you have equipped? (such as Venus djinns increase strength and what not)

steam_sig.png
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Erlec wrote:
    It's fine so long as we can get cool golden sun time.

By the way, does the levelup stats change depending on what kind of djinns you have equipped? (such as Venus djinns increase strength and what not)

No, or at least, not that I'm aware of. Level ups are by character I'm 99% sure. However the amount of statups from each level varies within a small range.

EDIT: Also, Terrendos, you are fucking insane, why are you doing that right now

why

MechMantis on
    UA1OmVB.png
    Don't worry MechMantis, I'll not be on Crossbone Isle much longer.

Sig1.png