Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chaos] CitOW game 49

DarianDarian Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Critical Failures
pic955226_md.jpg

Welcome to Chaos in the Old World, Fantasy Flight Games' boardgame take at Games Workshop's famous fantasy IP. In this game, players take the role of one of the four Ruinous Powers of the universe (and a fifth, uninvited guest). Speaking of which, I believe this calls for some introductions.

??? as Khorne
Khorne loves long walks on the battlefield and nights alone with the recently deceased. He enjoys handywork, and has even so constructed a throne for himself from nothing but the skulls of the living. He's always on the lookout for new blood - in the most literal sense possible - earning him the title of "The Blood God." If Khorne were a flavor of ice cream, he would be Berserk Banana.

??? as Nurgle
The other white meat! Or in this case, possibly white pus. Nurgle, now with 300% more pestilence! This is Great Unclean One with the new Nurgle Treatment, and you won't believe it! Have you ever been traveling around, and all of a sudden you wish you had brought your horrific ailments with you? But how are you going to fit it all in your bags? Well that's easy with the new Nurgle (or as we should say, the Old Nurgle)! Watch as it spreads the epidemic over the entire countryside as you pass. And if you order now, we'll throw in this free plaguebearer. Call now!

??? as Tzeentch
Spoiler:

??? as Slaanesh
"Working for Khorne? It's ok, I guess, but I worry about my future prospects. You know how I'm probably going to die? Not enough blood left in my neck. You know how those Slaanesh dudes over there are probably going to die? Too many orgasms.
You can see my consternation." - Khorne Thrall

As the Prince of Pain and Pleasure, some might say that Slaanesh 'goes both ways.' His followers don't quite have a 'lust for battle,' but enjoy the 'corruption' of the aristocracy. He finds subtle usurping 'invigorating,' and sometimes even so much that he just has to release his 'keeper of secrets.'

??? as the Horned Rat
The Horned Rat does not exist, nor is there such thing as the ratmen that worship it. Scholars have concluded that claims of an empire of vicious verminfolk are nothing more than stories invented to frighten the very young. Any reports of having sighted these "skaven" is seen as spreading discord amongst the faithful and, naturally, quite blasphemous. The skittering and scratching you hear deep below you at night is naught but the fevered workings of your imagination. If you insist that you have seen these creatures, please see your nearest witch hunter to be summarily executed for your blatant heresy.

----

This will be a Play-By-Post game of Chaos in the Old World for 5 players utilizing the new Morrslieb decks and the original set of Old World cards. Invitations will be taken from the discussion thread and offered to the top 3 players on the main list, a newbie, and a host.

[RULES]
[FAQ]
[EXPANSION RULES]

Credits of Chaos
Adam Bloom for his rocking Handtracker site.
FWD for the awesome board app.
Mr.Blarney for the original design of our PbP board.
Rend for the comprehensive OP.
Darian for bringing order to chaos as games manager and our resident rules lawyer.

Previous games, aka recommended reading before playing, are linked from the CF Boardgame Index

General discussion thread for Chaos in the Old World is available here[/quote]

• DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    From Rend: A QUICK TUTORIAL ON CHAOS IN THE OLD WORLD
    Spoiler:

Useful information:
    Spoiler:

Darian on
    edited July 2011
    Darian's personal Unofficial FAQ for the Horned Rat:
    Spoiler:

Darian on
  • Bobkins FlymoBobkins Flymo The Positive Perspective Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I am down.

My preference is KHORNE.

GOr07uA.gif
  • TmoiyTmoiy Registered User
    Let's do this. No preference.

• Bobkins FlymoBobkins Flymo The Positive Perspective Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Just an fyi, but Ramius upped the post count. So you can fit everything in two posts again.

GOr07uA.gif
  • fateswandererfateswanderer Registered User
    I'm in - I prefer Nurgle or Slaanesh. How do you get the cool colours?

Like this or this
    [b][color=limegreen]Like this[/color][/b] [b][color=mediumorchid]or this[/color][/b]

I usually highlight whatever I want to color, then press bold twice, then change one of the set of bold tags to color tags.

• admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I want to try Morrisleb Tzeentch.

admanb on
    twitter, github, resume/portfolio, if you like to play or host boardgames online, check out handtracker
    Darian, including your FAQ somewhere in the OP would be helpful.

Done. I knew I had that third post for a reason.

Darian, your FAQ seems to imply a max of ONE DAC per phase, when my guess is one per region per phase.

GOr07uA.gif
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm in, sorry for the delay, have had company over most of the weekend. No preference.

camo_sig2.png
    edited July 2011
    Khorne: Rorus Raz
    Nurgle: fateswanderer
    Tzeentch: admanb
    Slaanesh: Tmoiy
    Horned Rat: 38thDoe

You can each draw your initial hand of 3 cards on handtracker.

Darian on
    edited July 2011
    Round 1, Old World phase

A harsh cry is heard from the south: WAAAAAGH!

Greenskins Invade
    Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place an Event token in each of The Badlands, The Empire and Tilea.
    While this Old World card remains in play, each player battling in a region containing an Event token may roll only one battle die, in total, per battle phase. If some of a player's battle dice have different capabilities than others, each player may choose which of his battle dice to roll.

No decisions to be made for the OWC.

Round 1, Draw phase

Tzeentch may discard one card before drawing up to 5.

Draw 2, 5 in hand, 19 left in deck
    Draw 2 or 3, 5 in hand, 19 or 18 left in deck

citowg49r10.png

Once Tzeentch makes his decision, Khorne is active to begin the first summoning phase. Good luck!

Darian on
    These cards are confus--er, EVERYTHING IS GOING ACCORDING TO PLAN.

No discard.

twitter, github, resume/portfolio, if you like to play or host boardgames online, check out handtracker
    LET'S GET THIS STARTED RIGHT.

BLOODSWORN TO TILEA. ANYONE THAT MESSES WITH IT, DIES.

6/7 PP

GOr07uA.gif
    I was going to say something to the effect of, "aw, poor Khorne," but you're being such a good sport about the orcs!

Have yourselves a good time, my brothers!

fateswanderer is active to draw his hand then take an action. Let me know here or by PM if you have any questions/concerns.

Good luck all!

Nurgle summons a cultist into The Empire for 1PP.

5/6PP

Acolyte to Troll Country.

5/6 PP

You're all invited to Gummy's after-birthday party!

Festival of Sinew to Bretonnia, 6/6 PP.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Let's ring a bell for Gummy's party.
    Screaming Bell to the Empire
    4/6 PP.

38thDoe on

camo_sig2.png
    edited August 2011
    A BLOODSWORN TO BORDER PRINCES.

MEET YOUR KING, PEASANTS.

5/7 PP

Bobkins Flymo on
    GOr07uA.gif
    Round 1, Summoning phase

The forces of Chaos ring bells to prepare for a party in Bretonnia.

citowg49r11.png

Chaos effects:
    Bretonnia: Festival (+1 PP for Slaanesh for each figure summoned here by another)

Nurgle is active

edited August 2011
    Rats carry pestilence - Leper to the Empire.

Edit: 4/6PP Sorry!

fateswanderer on
    4/6 PP

I'd like everyone to update the PP numbers with each action, please.

Also, it's disconcerting not being able to tell how far down the page we are.

Acolyte to Troll Country.

4/6 PP

"Gee, Gummy, what are we going to do tonight?"
    "The same thing we do every night, Pinkie. Try to take over BRETONNIA."

Ascension to Power in Bretonnia. 4/6 PP.

edited August 2011
    I KNOW IT'S EARLY TO BE DISCUSSING STRATEGY, AND YOU'D ALL RATHER KNIT OR BE AFRAID OF SPIDERS, BUT LET'S GET SERIOUS AND REVIEW OLDER GAMES.

ROUND 1: SCREW KHORNE
    ROUND 2: SCREW KHORNE
    ROUND 3: SCREW KHORNE
    ROUND 4: OH SAVE US FROM THE HORNED RAT, MR. KHORNE!

NOW, I'M NOT TELLING YOU HOW TO DO YOUR JOBS. WAIT, I AM, BUT AT LEAST TRY TO IMPEDE THE FUCKING RAT. LET'S NOT HAVE A REPEAT OF HISTORY. I MEAN, DO I LOOK LIKE GODDAMN PEST CONTROL?

THE ANSWER IS "NO, KHORNE! NOW PLEASE TAKE MY SKULL!"

Bobkins Flymo on
    GOr07uA.gif
    Khorne, you have my <3.

(Well, one of them, at any rate.)

Don't tell me the blood god is scared of a little rat?
    Clan Rat to The Empire.
    3/6 PP.

rat-picture.jpg

camo_sig2.png
    MY ONLY FEAR IS A MIGRAINE FROM THESE LOSERS.

BLOODSWORN TO TILEA.

4/7 PP

GOr07uA.gif
    Leper to Kislev. 3/6PP

edited August 2011
    Round 1, Summoning phase

Rumors of rat-men begin to spread in the Empire but are everyone agrees there are no such things.

citowg49r12.png

Chaos effects:
    Bretonnia: Festival (+1 PP for Slaanesh for each figure summoned here by another) and Ascension (place a daemonette or seductress if dominated)

Tzeentch is active

Darian on
    Glean in Troll Country.

4/6 PP

(M) Glean - 0 - This region is considered adjacent to all other regions.

Troll Country has achieved singularity with all existence. Slaanesh is active.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah President Klepto In your Quorum, stealing your pensRegistered User regular
    Darian wrote:
    Ascension (place a warrior or acolyte if dominated)

I don't think Slaanesh wants to give Tzeentch a free cultist in Bretonnia. :) Unless he does; you never know with that guy.

Playing: "Caprica" Six in Exodus Game 12 of Battlestar Galactica
    President Romo Lampkin in BSG: Daybreak Game 1
    I'll take it.

You know, it would be a much more chaotic game if you could summon other people's figures, instead of just your own. Also, fixed.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah President Klepto In your Quorum, stealing your pensRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    admanb wrote:
    I'll take it.

You would.

blahmcblah on
    Playing: "Caprica" Six in Exodus Game 12 of Battlestar Galactica
    President Romo Lampkin in BSG: Daybreak Game 1